pope caving in ?

pope caving in ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
323d

@fmf said

Establishing whether or not homosexual sex is a "sin" that Christians should strive to not partake in - according to the teaching that pertains to walking the Christian walk - has got nothing to do with loving one's neighbour.
To avoid all sin, a Christian should strive to live as Adam and Eve did before the fall. This includes living on a vegetarian diet.

F

Moves
323d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
To avoid all sin, a Christian should strive to live as Adam and Eve did before the fall. This includes living on a vegetarian diet.
If this is what you believe, then that's OK by me. But I don't see how this mention of Adam and Eve and "all sin" has any bearing on a Christian abstaining from homosexual sex, having abortions, and committing adultery etc.

F

Moves
323d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I said outside of marriage. I wasn't talking about adultery.

Fornication refers to sexual intercourse between people not married to each other.
Fair point.

F

Moves
323d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I had in mind Jesus saying “He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone.”

In other words, nobody is sinless.
The notion that "nobody is sinless" does not mean a Christian walking the Christian walk should not or does not need to, abstain from committing "sins".

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
323d

@fmf said
If this is what you believe, then that's OK by me. But I don't see how this mention of Adam and Eve and "all sin" has any bearing on a Christian abstaining from homosexual sex, having abortions, and committing adultery etc.
I was putting things into perspective, as biblically speaking, pretty much everything is a sin outside of the archetypal man and woman only having sex within marriage for the sake of being fruitful. A Christian is no more required to strive to be heterosexual than they are to be celibate until marriage.

A Christian who believes it is okay to have sex outside of marriage or less sinful than homosexual sex is not supported by scripture, particularly the NT. They are better advised to follow Christ's primary teaching and loving their neighbour without judgement.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
323d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I was putting things into perspective, as biblically speaking, pretty much everything is a sin outside of the archetypal man and woman only having sex within marriage for the sake of being fruitful. A Christian is no more required to strive to be heterosexual than they are to be celibate until marriage.

A Christian who believes it is okay to have sex outside of mar ...[text shortened]... are better advised to follow Christ's primary teaching and loving their neighbour without judgement.
... for the sake of being fruitul. ... is not in the bible.

F

Moves
323d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
A Christian is no more required to strive to be heterosexual than they are to be celibate until marriage.
Do you think a homosexual Christian seeking to live a Christian life should strive to abstain from homosexual sex?

F

Moves
323d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
A Christian who believes it is okay to have sex outside of marriage or less sinful than homosexual sex is not supported by scripture, particularly the NT.
I don't see what this has to do with what I have been saying. I haven't been talking about what is "less sinful" or "more sinful" nor have I been talking about judging people.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
323d

@fmf said
Do you think a homosexual Christian seeking to live a Christian life should strive to abstain from homosexual sex?
Do you think an unmarried Christian seeking to live a Christian life should strive to be celibate until marriage?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
323d

@fmf said
I don't see what this has to do with what I have been saying. I haven't been talking about what is "less sinful" or "more sinful" nor have I been talking about judging people.
And yet are shinning the light on one particular sin.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
323d

@rajk999 said
... for the sake of being fruitul. ... is not in the bible.
You don't think the Bible advocates being fruitful and multiplying within marriage? (Bearing in mind fornication outside of marriage is a sin).

F

Moves
323d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Do you think an unmarried Christian seeking to live a Christian life should strive to be celibate until marriage?
Ideally, yes. I think that is what Christian teaching says, and I think it is what walking the Christian walk involves.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
323d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I had in mind Jesus saying “He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone.”

In other words, nobody is sinless.
I'm assuming Rajk you have conceded the point?

F

Moves
323d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
And yet are shinning the light on one particular sin.
Well, it's the topic under discussion. What's interesting is that you think homosexual sex, according to Christian doctrine, is "sinful", but Suzianne doesn't.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
323d
1 edit

@fmf said
Ideally, yes. I think that is what Christian teaching says, and I think it is what walking the Christian walk involves.
How many Christians do that do you think? (Remain celibate until marriage).

(A quick Google search suggests only 20% )