Question for non-literalist Christians

Question for non-literalist Christians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
342d

Retired

Missouri

Moves
342d

@rajk999 said
I think I got it figured out. The word 'hate' is now being redefined by several countries and laws are being passed where any comment that makes someone feel uncomfortable or offended, however truthful that comment, then that is hate speech and in some countries it is outlawed.

This includes quoting from the bible that homosexuality is a sin. That is considered hate spe ...[text shortened]... offensive.

A new definition of hate. Next up removal of the bible and all books containing hate.
Leviticus 18:22 You should not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a man as with a woman, both of them have commited an obomination; they will surley be put to death; their blood is upon them.
Jude1:7 Just as Sodom and Gomorroh and then surrounding cities, which likewise engaged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

Any questions?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
342d

@my2sons said
Leviticus 18:22 You should not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a man as with a woman, both of them have commited an obomination; they will surley be put to death; their blood is upon them.
Jude1:7 Just as Sodom and Gomorroh and then surrounding cities, which likewise engaged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

Any questions?
I think we got that. Sexual immorality is rampant all over the world, not just with LGBTQ but in general. Fornication and adultery is now commonplace in many societies. The fornicator or adulterer is no better off than the homosexual. In fact the homosexual may get more lenience on the day of judgment.

F

Moves
342d

@suzianne said
Stop using the condemning words of the political far-right to pigeon-hole me.
Why are you running away from this? "Is abortion "sinful" and does the Bible condemn homosexual acts?" I am referring to the Christian Bible and not "the political far-right". I am on the left side of the aisle when it comes to politics and I would not seek to impose my beliefs about abortion on anyone. Why are you being so prickly and evasive? Stop running away.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
341d

@divegeester removed their quoted post
Of course you do.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
341d

@my2sons said

Any questions?
Yes. Do you think Christians are bound by Mosaic Law?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
341d
1 edit

@fmf said
Why are you running away from this? "Is abortion "sinful" and does the Bible condemn homosexual acts?" I am referring to the Christian Bible and not "the political far-right". I am on the left side of the aisle when it comes to politics and I would not seek to impose my beliefs about abortion on anyone. Why are you being so prickly and evasive? Stop running away.
Not "running away", I just do not discuss my personal beliefs with you anymore. I know from experience that you constantly try to fold them up into some origami creature for your own enjoyment.

Odd that you must resort to the old canard of "running away" to make-believe that people do not wish to engage with you because they are afraid, rather than because you belittle them at every opportunity (such as saying they are "running away" ). Engage those you disagree with in good faith and more people may do the same with you.

People skills (treating people the way you might wish to be treated): Low.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
341d

@divegeester said
Well no; most people here disagree with me. So how is it my echo chamber?
You have nagged and berated and derided people for disagreeing with you for years. This, combined with you surrounding yourself with people who will back you up, proves my point that this is your echo chamber.

You're barking up the wrong tree in suggesting I am wrong on this.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
341d

@rajk999 said
I think we got that. Sexual immorality is rampant all over the world, not just with LGBTQ but in general. Fornication and adultery is now commonplace in many societies. The fornicator or adulterer is no better off than the homosexual. In fact the homosexual may get more lenience on the day of judgment.
How much leniency do you believe the con men and the serpent-tongued will get?

F

Moves
341d

@suzianne said
Not "running away", I just do not discuss my personal beliefs with you anymore. I know from experience that you constantly try to fold them up into some origami creature for your own enjoyment.

Odd that you must resort to the old canard of "running away" to make-believe that people do not wish to engage with you because they are afraid, rather than because you belittle t ...[text shortened]... do the same with you.

People skills (treating people the way you might wish to be treated): Low.
Why are you keeping your beliefs about the "sinfulness" of abortion and homosexual sex secret?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
340d

@fmf said
Why are you keeping your beliefs about the "sinfulness" of abortion and homosexual sex secret?
"Running away", v.2.0

Did you even read the post you quoted and replied to?

Why do you keep trying to "spin" this?

F

Moves
340d

@suzianne said
Did you even read the post you quoted and replied to?
Yes. It was a dodge. That's why I asked: Why are you keeping your beliefs about the "sinfulness" of abortion and homosexual sex secret?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
340d

@suzianne said
You have nagged and berated and derided people for disagreeing with you for years. This, combined with you surrounding yourself with people who will back you up, proves my point that this is your echo chamber.

You're barking up the wrong tree in suggesting I am wrong on this.
You are wrong on this.

Retired

Missouri

Moves
340d

@Suzianne
yes

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
339d

@my2sons said
@Suzianne
yes
Why do your answers have to be so long and drawn out.