Question for non-literalist Christians

Question for non-literalist Christians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
306d

@fmf said
What?
Are the reply’s in the other thread really the best you can do. Their not worth my time to go back and answer.

F

Moves
306d

@mike69 said
Are the reply’s in the other thread really the best you can do. Their not worth my time to go back and answer.
Then so be it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
306d

@mike69 said
Look another superstar😂, tell me what you see sunshine.
I see a religious zealot who’s desire to debate his point is unfortunately handicapped by an anger stemming from a lack of intellectual capacity and emotional composure to do so.

Moves
305d

@divegeester said
I see a religious zealot who’s desire to debate his point is unfortunately handicapped by an anger stemming from a lack of intellectual capacity and emotional composure to do so.
This doesn’t surprise me of you it’s ok. Tell me what you actually see for this religious zealot title and let’s talk about it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
304d

@mike69 said
Tell me what you actually see for this religious zealot title and let’s talk about it.
I’ve just told you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
304d

@suzianne said
Yet you still, after all those years, don't take dissent very well, to the point of endlessly grilling people who disagree with you. That's about ALL you do here.
Matthew 10:14

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
304d
2 edits

@vivify said
Where do you draw the line on what is literal or not?

Non-literalist Christians agree that the 6-day creation or Global Flood is not literal, and some Christians would even say hell is not literal because God is loving and wouldn't do that.

But by this same logic, couldn't God himself be non-literal? Maybe God is just an allegory of the concept of morality and there ...[text shortened]... ry are just allegories, how do you justify that the existence of God himself isn't just an allegory?
When in normal conversation you have with other people how do you tell the difference between literal meanings, metaphor, simile, and other human ways of speaking and sharing information? I would also add I believe every single person takes pieces of the Bible literally other parts as metaphors, similies, visions and dreams. We may disagree with what parts are what but the fact is we all take some parts literally.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
303d

@kellyjay said
You seem to be channelling Galveston75.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
303d

@kellyjay said
I would also add I believe every single person takes pieces of the Bible literally other parts as metaphors, similies, visions and dreams. We may disagree with what parts are what but the fact is we all take some parts literally.
Ok.

So you you think Revelation 14 v10 is literal, a metaphor, a simile or a dream?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
303d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Yes.

(She said, already laughing at the children coming to mock her.)

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
303d

@suzianne said
Yes.

(She said, already laughing at the children coming to mock her.)
Matthew 10:14 is about shaking the dust from your shoes when leaving… are you going to write another dramatic leaving OP again?

Über-Nerd

Moves
303d

@kellyjay said
Matt. 7:3.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
303d

@moonbus said
Matt. 7:3.
Good question, you ever apply that to yourself?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
303d

@divegeester said
Matthew 10:14 is about shaking the dust from your shoes when leaving… are you going to write another dramatic leaving OP again?
Note that I'm already laughing at you.

AT you, not with you.

And it's actually talking about how to deal with those who refuse to hear. But that wouldn't fit your mocking agenda. (Keep in mind I foretold your mocking.)

Über-Nerd

Moves
303d

@kellyjay said
Good question, you ever apply that to yourself?
You evidently think I should, which is exactly what Matt. 7:3 is all about.