1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jul '23 23:55
    @moonbus said
    You evidently think I should, which is exactly what Matt. 7:3 is all about.
    If all you do is try to follow the letter, you'll lose, if the Spirit of God isn't in you, all your efforts will be in vain.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '23 00:01
    @kellyjay said
    If all you do is try to follow the letter, you'll lose, if the Spirit of God isn't in you, all your efforts will be in vain.
    Is there any evidence here at RHP that "the Spirit of God is in you"? I mean, you only talk about doctrine: you never seem to talk about walking the walk and/or issues that surround us from the viewpoint of someone who claims to have "the Spirit of God" in them.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 Jul '23 00:051 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Relax. Try to engage in the discussion instead of preaching at me. I cited Matthew 7–3 as an example of a passage which makes no sense interpreted literally. People do not really have tree trunks in their eyes. It is a metaphorical image. Given that we have identified a passage which makes no sense if read literally, we can apply this same insight to another passage: Namely, the garden of Eden. Does it not strike you as extremely improbable that there was a real talking snake? Does it not strike you that it is much more probable that the author of the garden of Eden story, like Matthew, was employing a literary device? The talking snake is a poetic image which represents temptation. That rescues the essential message of the story without requiring people to believe in absurdities.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jul '23 02:20
    @moonbus said
    Relax. Try to engage in the discussion instead of preaching at me. I cited Matthew 7–3 as an example of a passage which makes no sense interpreted literally. People do not really have tree trunks in their eyes. It is a metaphorical image. Given that we have identified a passage which makes no sense if read literally, we can apply this same insight to another passage: Namely, ...[text shortened]... That rescues the essential message of the story without requiring people to believe in absurdities.
    You can not tell the difference between literally speaking and metaphorically?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '23 02:47
    @kellyjay said
    Oh the irony.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '23 07:051 edit
    @kellyjay said
    In Revelation…Is the multi-headed beast being ridden by whore wearing a cloak dipped in blood, real or a metaphor?

What about the rest of the beasts in chapter 13; are they real or metaphors?

What about the description of Jesus in hell overseeing the eternal burning alive of millions of non Christians; real or a metaphor?

I think you need to sit down quietly somewhere, and have a word with yourself KellyJay.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '23 10:41
    [silence from kellyjay]
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    23 Jul '23 05:30
    @divegeester said
    [silence from kellyjay]
    It’s Sunday. He’s in church. But he’ll be back.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree