Question to any JW

Question to any JW

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
04 Feb 12
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Lol - it's difficult to get a handle on why anyone would want to join the JWs isn't.

Clearly they believe "membership has it's rewards", but they won't clearly define what those rewards are, or importanly the consequences of not being a member.
Or we can all continue to pop open the Ribena and cracker bread, become lone
Christians with no organisation, no brotherhood, no public ministry and no future in
Gods New world, reason enough to ditch being a nominal Christian and join the
beautiful worldwide brotherhood of Jehovahs witnesses I would say.

Moves
04 Feb 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Or we can all continue to pop open the Ribena and cracker bread, become lone
Christians with no organisation, no brotherhood, no public ministry and no future in
Gods New world, reason enough to ditch being a nominal Christian and join the
beautiful worldwide brotherhood of Jehovahs witnesses I would say.
I can wholeheartedly confirm with no malice; that if your religion was the last and only one on earth, I wouldn't join it. The reason has nothing to do your arrogance here either; I just know too much about the organisation, it's failings, crazy doctrines and importantly what it can do to those within it. These things are all well publicised.

rc

Moves
04 Feb 12
2 edits

I can wholeheartedly confirm with no malice; that if your religion was the last and only one on earth, I wouldn't join it. The reason has nothing to do your arrogance here either; I just know too much about the organisation, it's failings, crazy doctrines and importantly what it can do to those within it. These things are all well publicised.
Thats ok, i dont think you could walk the walk anyway.

Moves
04 Feb 12

Thats ok, i dont think you could walk the walk anyway.
You're absolutely right, I couldn't, I can't.

rc

Moves
04 Feb 12
1 edit

You're absolutely right, I couldn't, I can't.
that is simply because one needs to be a doer of the word, not a hearer only, you
simply prefer the relative comfort of your own self certified opinions, like all nominal
christians you are unwilling to lift a single finger to help others learn the truth of Gods
word and yet here you are pontificating from your throne of self righteousness about
how we are this and that, yup, a true talker of the talk.

Moves
04 Feb 12

that is simply because one needs to be a doer of the word, not a hearer only, you
simply prefer the relative comfort of your own self certified opinions, like all nominal
christians you are unwilling to lift a single finger to help others learn the truth of Gods
word and yet here you are pontificating from your throne of self righteousness about
how we are this and that, yup, a true talker of the talk.
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about little man. If you even know my name I'll be very impressed.

rc

Moves
04 Feb 12
1 edit

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about little man. If you even know my name I'll be very impressed.
you keep talking, we shall keep walking, have a pleasant day.

(James 1:23-25) . . .For if anyone is a hearer of the word, and not a doer, this one is
like a man looking at his natural face in a mirror.  For he looks at himself, and off he
goes and immediately forgets what sort of man he is.  But he who peers into the
perfect law that belongs to freedom and who persists in [it], this [man], because he has
become, not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, will be happy in his doing [it].

Moves
04 Feb 12

you keep talking, we shall keep walking, have a pleasant day.

(James 1:23-25) . . .For if anyone is a hearer of the word, and not a doer, this one is
like a man looking at his natural face in a mirror.  For he looks at himself, and off he
goes and immediately forgets what sort of man he is.  But he who peers into the
perfect law that belongs ...[text shortened]... e has
become, not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, will be happy in his doing [it].
Thank you for your judgemental and condesending help.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Feb 12

Hummmm, last one on earth. You just might see that one day.
Revelation speaks of the "Great Harlot" being destroyed one day. This "harlot" is no more then false religion. So if there is a true religion and it is still here after all the false religions are gone, check it out if you can.

Moves
05 Feb 12
2 edits

Originally posted by galveston75
Revelation speaks of the "Great Harlot" being destroyed one day. This "harlot" is no more then false religion. So if there is a true religion and it is still here after all the false religions are gone, check it out if you can.
Coincidentally I've just posted about this in another thread. You and robbie seen to think that people who are not trapped in your cult don't think, read or consider God's will for them.

I see your organisation as part of the problem, certainly not the biggest part by far, but a vicious clamp on the minds of people who Christ would set free from the bondage of self-righteousness and self-glory, traits that are consistently evident in both yours and robbie’s posts.

rc

Moves
05 Feb 12

Thank you for your judgemental and condesending help.
any time! a non denominational Christian with no public ministry like you needs all the
scraps of scripture he can get.

Moves
05 Feb 12

any time! a non denominational Christian with no public ministry like you needs all the
scraps of scripture he can get.
What's a "public ministry", knocking on doors and annoying people?

rc

Moves
05 Feb 12
2 edits

why dont you read the book of Acts, who knows, you may even find out.

Moves
05 Feb 12
1 edit

why dont you read the book of Acts, who knows, you may even find out.
No, stop deflecting again. Spolier alert: here comes a direct question...

I'm just asking you if knocking on people's doors and annoying them with your organisation's propaganda is what you are referring to as "public ministry"?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Feb 12

Uh do YOU not read the bible at all? Have YOU not read anything about Jesus and what he did? Have YOU not read anything in the bible as to the COMMANDS that Jesus told YOU to do if you claim to be a Christian?

I say not or else you would not make these non Christian comments and not find the words of Jesus that we bring to YOUR door so annoying..................

You need to make you a silly little sign and hang it on your door saying: " Do not knock on my anti-Christ door, I hate Jesus".

You do that and we'll never knock on your door again!