1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '17 17:302 edits
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Not wanting to put the Jewish perception of Jesus into a nutshell, but at its root they do not consider Jesus as having fulfilled the messianic prophecies from the OT, hence was not the messiah. A Christian will of course come along and explain that all the outstanding prophecies (unite humanity as one, and the like) will be delivered in the second coming, though will struggle to find biblical support for this concept.
    You read the question he asked me. If dj2becker's personal experience and reading have lead him to believe that Jews do not see Jesus as an imposter [where "imposter" means he is not the messiah as Christians claim he is], and if what has made dj2becker think this is the lack of a 'holy book' that's explicitly about Jesus being an imposter, then that's OK by me. He and I can simply agree to disagree.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Nov '17 17:56
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    You were not speaking of Jewish Christians, I guess you and a few others forget that the
    first Christians were Jewish alone. You don't grasp scripture, God, or who Jesus is either,
    and no Jesus was no talking to Himself.
    'My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?'"
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Nov '17 18:11
    'My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?'"
    Who was He talking to?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Nov '17 18:57
    Who was He talking to?
    Himself?
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Nov '17 09:42
    Himself?
    He asked himself why he forsook himself? 🙄
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Nov '17 12:26
    For the benefit of those who are unable to comprehend irony, clearly the idea that Jesus was speaking to himself on the cross is a nonsense.

So where does that leave us? If Jesus was not asking himself why he had forsaken (himself) clearly he was speaking to God, meaning he was not himself God. (Otherwise, why the need to ask the question). This passage alone demonstrates why the non-biblical concept of the trinity is thoroughly unsupported.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Nov '17 14:33
    For the benefit of those who are unable to comprehend irony, clearly the idea that Jesus was speaking to himself on the cross is a nonsense.

So where does that leave us? If Jesus was not asking himself why he had forsaken (himself) clearly he was speaking to God, meaning he was not himself God. (Otherwise, why the need to ask the question). Thi ...[text shortened]... assage alone demonstrates why the non-biblical concept of the trinity is thoroughly unsupported.
    You again don’t grasp God or scripture.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Nov '17 15:20
    You again don’t grasp God or scripture.
    You've said that a number of times while failing to explain or address the points made.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 01:07
    You've said that a number of times while failing to explain or address the points made.
    Jesus is the Word of God made flesh who He was/is/will be is talked about in both the OT and NT.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 08:43
    Jesus is the Word of God made flesh who He was/is/will be is talked about in both the OT and NT.
    To clarify Kelly, when Christ cried out on the cross he was crying out to an entirely separate being?
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 09:28
    To clarify Kelly, when Christ cried out on the cross he was crying out to an entirely separate being?
    I'm guessing you must have heard about the trinity at some point during your theological studies? Or were you at a JW seminary?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 12:571 edit
    The above poster is advised to try and follow the conversation, but not bother responding to my posts.

As posted previously:

'If Jesus was not asking himself why he had forsaken (himself) clearly he was speaking to God, meaning he was not himself God. (Otherwise, why the need to ask the question). This passage alone demonstrates why the non-biblical concept of the trinity is thoroughly unsupported.'
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 13:59
    The above poster is advised to try and follow the conversation, but not bother responding to my posts.

As posted previously:

'If Jesus was not asking himself why he had forsaken (himself) clearly he was speaking to God, meaning he was not himself God. (Otherwise, why the need to ask the question). This passage alone demonstrates why the non-biblical concept of the trinity is thoroughly unsupported.'
    Father, Son, Holy Spirit of God. You are a person, a living soul who has a body and spirit, but is one person made in the image of God.
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 14:06
    Father, Son, Holy Spirit of God. You are a person, a living soul who has a body and spirit, but is one person made in the image of God.
    Yes, but why you or any other of our Christian friends avoid to comment as regards the specific passage and the way you conceive it?
    😵
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 14:35
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    Yes, but why you or any other of our Christian friends avoid to comment as regards the specific passage and the way you conceive it?
    😵
    Jesus was praying to the Father you have an issue seeing that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree