1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 14:451 edit
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Jesus was praying to the Father you have an issue seeing that?
    Yes, I have an issue with that. It's perfectly fine for a son to call out to his father, but is deeply problematic when when both son and father are said to be manifestations (personages) of the same God. - Do you really not see that? Do you not see issue with Jesus effectively calling out to himself, by virtue of being part of the same trinity?

'There is One God, who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.'

Jesus crying out to his father on the cross clearly disputes this. (Unless you concede he is crying out to himself, which you seem keen to sidestep).
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 17:54
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Yes, I have an issue with that. It's perfectly fine for a son to call out to his father, but is deeply problematic when when both son and father are said to be manifestations (personages) of the same God. - Do you really not see that? Do you not see issue with Jesus effectively calling out to himself, by virtue of being part of the same trinity?

...[text shortened]... isputes this. (Unless you concede he is crying out to himself, which you seem keen to sidestep).
    No I don’t see an issue with it. The Word of God made flesh, He lived among us as one of us. Now a man is sitting at the right hand of the Father interceding for us on God’s behalf.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 17:58
    No I don’t see an issue with it. The Word of God made flesh, He lived among us as one of us. Now a man is sitting at the right hand of the Father interceding for us on God’s behalf.
    Is that your personal version of the trinity?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 18:09
    Is that your personal version of the trinity?
    Father, Son, Holy Spirit yes!
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 18:48
    You were not speaking of Jewish Christians, I guess you and a few others forget that the
    first Christians were Jewish alone. You don't grasp scripture, God, or who Jesus is either,
    and no Jesus was no talking to Himself.
    So you've investigated the panoply of known gods, and have reason for rejecting all of them, except for your fave. Have you wondered why that is your fave?
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 18:48
    Father, Son, Holy Spirit yes!
    Mutually exclusive or the same God? And if the same God, why the need for the son to cry out to the father?

A clear answer would be appreciated.
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 18:53
    BS, I am not that important. You find yourself in front of God in your sins, you will be held accountable.
    I have no control over that.
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 19:06
    Jesus was praying to the Father you have an issue seeing that?
    He was not praying to the Father.

After having completely destroyed from within his “I” thanks to his perfection and thus with his soul completely emptied of self through Agape (redemptive suffering), your Teacher enters also the major affliction grounded on the lurking destruction of his “I” from outside, on the cross. This affliction creates in the person of Jesus the absence of G-d because evil is present to the highest extent of its capacity, while simultaneously G-d is present in extreme evil in the realm of the redemptive suffering. So it is my knowledge that, grounded on Faith, the Christian adept must see by meditation and by Grace that the absence of G-d is the divine presence that corresponds to evil.

One unable to understand the Word, unable remains to feel and evaluate the absence of G-d according to one's knowledge, which of course cannot envelop the agony of the Teacher, nor conceive in full its real, unconceivable dimension. This absence is the abyss of evil –but not Hell, for Hell is a superficial nothingness which cultivates the lie of being.

But perhaps this atheist could be wrong😵
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 21:18
    Originally posted by @apathist
    I have no control over that.
    True no matter what you are going to give an account for your life.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 21:46
    Mutually exclusive or the same God? And if the same God, why the need for the son to cry out to the father?

A clear answer would be appreciated.
    They are one just as you are body, soul, and Spirit. You see the Son you see the Father. The Son was sent here to do what He did, to be who He is now.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Nov '17 08:31
    They are one just as you are body, soul, and Spirit. You see the Son you see the Father. The Son was sent here to do what He did, to be who He is now.
    Understood Kelly. You still haven't explained though that if they are indeed 'one' why the need for the son to cry out to the father on the cross?

Not sure how else to ask that question?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Nov '17 11:08
    Understood Kelly. You still haven't explained though that if they are indeed 'one' why the need for the son to cry out to the father on the cross?

Not sure how else to ask that question?
    Because Jesus became the Son of Man, as a man He under went all of our temptations,
    as a man He had all weaknesses, as a man we could see God in the flesh in ways we
    could understand Him. He didn't do anything here as God, but as the Son of Man,
    because He could not be tempted like us if He turned on and off His Godhood. He told
    those who followed Him that the things they saw Him doing they would do too, even
    greater things, and as they were filled with the Spirit of God they did.

As a man He became sin for us, taking on every stinking thing we have ever done, He
    became sin so we could be forgiven by His blood, the sinless, took on sin for us. This is
    a great sacrifice, I cannot imagine why the Father would do such a thing to Christ for us
    it was only because He loved us. Which is why when I tell you and others about the way
    to God is only found in Jesus Christ, it is because all of the righteousness of God is in
    Christ for us, there is no other way.

When the Word became flesh, and went to that cross, when the Father sent Him, being
    the Beginning and the End God knew us at our worst, and He came to save us anyway.
    My God, I know I don't deserve Him, I don't know why except because of His love He did
    that, note it was not because we did works of righteousness, not because we were cherry
    picked out of a crowd, while we were yet sinners He died for us and calls us to come to
    Him.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Nov '17 12:05
    Because Jesus became the Son of Man, as a man He under went all of our temptations,
    as a man He had all weaknesses, as a man we could see God in the flesh in ways we
    could understand Him. He didn't do anything here as God, but as the Son of Man,
    because He could not be tempted like us if He turned on and off His Godhood. He told
    those who followed Him ...[text shortened]... y
    picked out of a crowd, while we were yet sinners He died for us and calls us to come to
    Him.
    So, when Jesus became the Son of Man he 'temporarily' left the Godhead, and then returned to the Godhead after his resurrection?
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '17 12:08
    So, when Jesus became the Son of Man he 'temporarily' left the Godhead, and then returned to the Godhead after his resurrection?
    They are simultaneously "one" and not "one". Why is it so difficult for you to wrap your mind around this concept?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Nov '17 12:20
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    They are simultaneously "one" and not "one". Why is it so difficult for you to wrap your mind around this concept?
    Because it's a concept void of reason or credibility.

The real question is, 'why is it so easy for you to wrap you mind around it?'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree