some people do get it

some people do get it

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
11 Feb 07

Originally posted by EAPOE
My stance on the natives (someone) who had never heard of Jesus would be this. . .

The natives in question have their own beliefs differing from the ideas of the missionary. As said have no understanding of the missionary or what he/she was attempting to impart. According to their own religion they would act in an acceptable way. Therefore I would think ho ...[text shortened]... of thinking or their religion was wrong and acted according to that faith, are they punishable?
is it possible that, though hearing the word of God, and Him working through the missionary, a few will see the light? whether they understand it or not?
would God compel them to believe, see this missionary as a god person? leave him alive?
so many questions...
these are, i suppose, things we cannot know... and will have to ask Him when we get to Heaven

Earl of Rochester

Restoration London

Moves
11 Feb 07

Originally posted by rubberjaw30
is it possible that, though hearing the word of God, and Him working through the missionary, a few will see the light? whether they understand it or not?
would God compel them to believe, see this missionary as a god person? leave him alive?
so many questions...
these are, i suppose, things we cannot know... and will have to ask Him when we get to Heaven
Keep asking questions. . . . . . . . . . . .

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
11 Feb 07

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
why do some choose to make it their personal business to mock the church and Jesus?

Earl of Rochester

Restoration London

Moves
11 Feb 07

why do some choose to make it their personal business to mock the church and Jesus?
Ahmen. . . .

😕

Earl of Rochester

Restoration London

Moves
11 Feb 07

Allow me to introduce myself. . . .

I am the second Earl of Rochester first incarnate. . .

A Debauched, Alcoholic poet who holds an uncontestable distain for all spires that point forth in "his" name sake.

You will not like me. The gentlemen will be envious and the ladies will be repelled. You will not like me now and you will like me a good deal less as we go on. Ladies, an announcement: I am up for it, all the time. That is not a boast or an opinion, it is bone hard medical fact. I put it round you know. And you will watch me putting it round and sigh for it. Don't. It is a deal of trouble for you and you are better off watching and drawing your conclusions from a distance than you would be if I got my tarse up your petticoats. Gentlemen. Do not despair, I am up for that as well. And the same warning applies. Still your cheesy erections till I have had my say. But later when you shag - and later you will shag, I shall expect it of you and I will know if you have let me down - I wish you to shag with my homuncular image rattling in your gonads. Feel how it was for me, how it is for me and ponder. 'Was that shudder the same shudder he sensed? Did he know something more profound? Or is there some wall of wretchedness that we all batter with our heads at that shining, livelong moment. That is it. That is my prologue, nothing in rhyme, no protestations of modesty, you were not expecting that I hope. I am John Wilmot, Second Earl of Rochester and I do not want you to like me.

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
11 Feb 07

Allow me to introduce myself. . . .

I am the second Earl of Rochester first incarnate. . .

A Debauched, Alcoholic poet who holds an uncontestable distain for all spires that point forth in "his" name sake.

You will not like me. The gentlemen will be envious and the ladies will be repelled. You will not like me now and you will like me a good deal le ...[text shortened]... ng that I hope. I am John Wilmot, Second Earl of Rochester and I do not want you to like me.
ok i wont...

wtf was that?

Earl of Rochester

Restoration London

Moves
11 Feb 07

I renounced atheism on my death bed. Do you like me now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wilmot%2C_2nd_Earl_of_Rochester

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
11 Feb 07

I renounced atheism on my death bed. Do you like me now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wilmot%2C_2nd_Earl_of_Rochester
i went to the site...
wats it mean to renounce atheism?

t

Moves
11 Feb 07

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
Lord - I have one.

Will you allow those of us going to heaven to urinate on George W Bush as he burns far far below us?

If yes, (and beer produces a constant supply of wee) is there any danger of drunkenly falling off clouds?

And lastly, would you mind letting in a few non-believers? They seem a hell (pardon me) of a lot more interesting to talk to ...

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
11 Feb 07

Is it wrong to mock lies?

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
11 Feb 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Is it wrong to mock lies?
if you want to mock a lie, then laugh your silly head off at the idea of Jesus being phony and God a myth...
the Bible is, if nothing else, a historical document proving the existence of God, and Jesus' teachings
is Jesus message of love a lie?
if love is a lie then i dont want to keep living...

c

Moves
12 Feb 07

Originally posted by knightmeister
Saddam and Hitler would both have to renounce their pride (and mean it) and feel a hell of a lot of remorse for what they had done.
It is interesting that you mentioned Saddam and Hitler. Well, I'm not a historian, so I don't know very much about Hitler, except that he apparently was the cause of about 6 million deaths, quite impressive, really.

But, although this has nothing much to do with spirituality, what is your opinion of Saddam? Do you think what he did was a bad thing?

I really thought that the world should have less of people like Saddam. So many people died during his reign as the president of Iraq. I'm not sure whether he was directly responsible for those deaths. Maybe he was, and perhaps he really did deserve the death sentence.

But let's be realistic and be honest to ourselves. This lately, I'm not so sure if removing Saddam was the 'best' thing to do. I personally think that Iraq can't handle freedom and democracy. You really need a dictator to keep things in order there! I'm not so well-versed with the statistics in Iraq, but I have a bad feeling that many, many more people have died after Saddam was ousted. Looking at the situation in Iraq now, maybe the only way to solve the problem, or at least to reduce the problem, is to have someone like Saddam to rule the country. Otherwise, everyone want to be the king! And these people will kill to achieve their goals.

j

CA, USA

Moves
12 Feb 07

fear ... and doubt

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
12 Feb 07

if you want to mock a lie, then laugh your silly head off at the idea of Jesus being phony and God a myth...
the Bible is, if nothing else, a historical document proving the existence of God, and Jesus' teachings
is Jesus message of love a lie?
if love is a lie then i dont want to keep living...
My, my, my, you're full of yourself, aren't you? The bible a historical document? Well, I suppose in a way that is true. Of course, JRR Tolkien's "The Hobbit" is a historical document too.

As for the bible "proving" that God exists, does "Lord of the Rings" prove that Orcs exist? Or "Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy" prove that suicidal androids exist? If the bible is false, there is nothing to back it up, and God doesn't exist, since the only validation that the bible has is itself.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
12 Feb 07

Originally posted by jammer
fear ... and doubt
Either that, or they just see through it.