Stop lecturing us!

Stop lecturing us!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Originally posted by karoly aczel, only a short while ago: "Yeah well stay out of it then if you aren't interested."

[b]You have posted many a post to Dasa. Thats all I was saying, so you are just guilty ,as you have charged me, with keeping his threads at the top.

This isn't about "keeping his threads at the top". This is about Dasa bullying people on .. it's karoly 'trying to be supportive of all posters on here' I guess.[/b]
Yeah , karoly contradicted himself. He said he would, assuming that the universe is paradoxical in nature.
It is important to follow through our points to their logical conclusions. No FMF or Dasa required.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
09 Mar 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Yeah , its relative.
Y'know, pick your battles. All your battles seem to be with Dasa because you think you're onto an easy target. Oops did I sound like Dasa again?

So yeah, stay out of it if your not interested. (This is my opinion,derr)

As for Dasa bullying people on this forum, he may have tried , but I fail to see anywhere he has successfully "bullied" anyone.
You are making a cow sandwich out of a steakhouse.
...You are making a cow sandwich out of a steakhouse.
Don't let Dasa hear you say that!...animal cruelty!?...cow sandwiches!??? ;]

F

Moves
09 Mar 11

So yeah, stay out of it if your not interested. (This is my opinion,derr)
karoly says "stay out of it", and then karoly doesn't say "stay out of it"... karoly says "stay out of it" again. LOL. Why do you always rush to Dasa's defence? What rudeness or insult have I visited upon him? When have I ever tried to replace his belief system with mine? What is it that you think your "neutrality" actually means?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Mar 11

Originally posted by Agerg
[b]...You are making a cow sandwich out of a steakhouse.
Don't let Dasa hear you say that!...animal cruelty!?...cow sandwiches!??? ;][/b]
Just rolled of the tounge without me thinking about it. Lol

Now its like LMFAO.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
karoly says "stay out of it", and then karoly doesn't say "stay out of it"... karoly says "stay out of it" again. LOL. Why do you always rush to Dasa's defence? What rudeness or insult have I visited upon him? When have I ever tried to replace his belief system with mine? What is it that you think your "neutrality" actually means?
Please stop, I promise I will.

you can make a sausage out of anything man.

Agerg could've ripped me apart.

Proper Knob could've given me a proper hiding.

Avalanchethecat could've sent me down a hill at a very fast rate.

None of them have done this.

You say you have been up to date with my posts, so whats wrong? That I ask you to stay out of stuff you're not interested in?
Well then keep on posting 😉

F

Moves
09 Mar 11

Agerg could've ripped me apart.

Proper Knob could've given me a proper hiding.

Avalanchethecat could've sent me down a hill at a very fast rate.

None of them have done this.
And neither have I. You feel "ripped apart"? Good grief.

I am merely curious as to why you pop up every now and then and basically say leave Dasa alone. Just don't get it. Just don't see what motivates you to defend him (even as you give him tickings off about certain things). I don't criticize his personal beliefs. I don't try to change his beliefs. I don't bully him. I don't insult him. I don't abuse him. Indeed, he does these very things to me. And yet it's me who should leave Dasa alone or "stay out of it" or whatever. No rancour, karoly. No hard feelings whatsoever. I don't feel any ill will towards Dasa either. Don't be so sensitive.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Mar 11

Originally posted by FMF
And neither have I. You feel "ripped apart"? Good grief.

I am merely curious as to why you pop up every now and then and basically say leave Dasa alone. Just don't get it. Just don't see what motivates you to defend him (even as you give him tickings off about certain things). I don't criticize his personal beliefs. I don't try to change his beliefs. ...[text shortened]... whatsoever. I don't feel any ill will towards Dasa either. Don't be so sensitive.
Well I am sensitive.Tis my nature.

To oversimplify our points, we are all guilty of. For example to say that I pop in now and then to defend Dasa is an over-simplification. I would even go so far as to say its misleading.
But hey, I'm a sensitive guy, so you can ignore that, if its possible for you.

You may well have refrained from all those things in your posts and not insulted Dasa, GRANTED, still you come across as negative with regards to your replies to Dasa. Which is fine, I guess, and prolly well deserved for Dasa.

Its when you start saying stuff like I stand "shoulder to shoulder" with him that I think you are missing the point- and by a long way 🙂

P

weedhopper

Moves
09 Mar 11

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
I see an awful lot of constant hypocrisy here on these forums by certain (not all, just an extreme minority) theists:

They constantly lecture to as atheists about love and hate as if we atheists promote hate and are full of hate and are against love and have no love just by being atheist! This is, of course, nonsense. Atheism is not about hate or ...[text shortened]... being evil and hateful for denying the spaghetti monster?

So please, Stop lecturing us!
I have never, ever, lectured, nor in any way tried to change the opinion of an atheist. Nor Buddhist, Hindu, or Hottentot for that matter. If your encounters with Christians are limited to the Bible thumpers, and tract handers, the ones who come to your door and ask if you're destined for hell, then all I can say is I think you're in the minority. On this particular forum, naturally there's going to be a pro-religion bias (Christian for the most part). After all--the title is "Spirituality", not quantum mechanics. Yet, even on these saintly pages of deathless prsoe, people should be more agreeable and less judgemental. As a Christian, I believe there is but one path to salvation/the good part of the afterlife. If you believe there's another way or ways, God (or Vishnu, or Smith, or Allah--pick your deity, prophet, or demigod of choice) bless you. My job isn't to save people---I couldn't do that anyway---I can only relay what I believe is truth, pray, and God handles the rest.

AH

Moves
09 Mar 11

nvm
What does “nvm” mean to you here?
Me being into computers, I happened to know it stands for “Non-Volatile Memory”.
Somehow I think you don't mean to say “Non-Volatile Memory” in response to my post else perhaps I am just lacking in imagination for I cannot quite imagine the relevance.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Mar 11

Originally posted by Dasa
karoly ....I dont expect one person to become vegetarian.

But I do expect persons to be truthful and stop saying animal cruelty is NOT wrong.
Well here is my problem: Suppose for whatever reason, no human slaughters animal any more. Humans no longer kill animals. That, however, will not stop cruelty to animals. For instance, you may have seen how felines 'play' with their prey before killing it, causing obvious stress and pain on the prey animal. So how will stopping humans from slaughtering animals stop animal cruelty? I suppose you will say, it's all right for animals to cause pain to other animals because they are lower on the scale than us, right?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Mar 11

Me being into computers, I happened to know it stands for “Non-Volatile Memory”.
Somehow I think you don't mean to say “Non-Volatile Memory” in response to my post else perhaps I am just lacking in imagination for I cannot quite imagine the relevance.
nvm I think means Nevermind in that context.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
09 Mar 11

Yeah, sorry about that; as sonhouse says it meant "nevermind". You'd issued a challenge to jaywill which I interpreted as a challenge he shouldn't be able to meet and I came up with an easy example - an example which illustrates the folly in his thinking. I then realised this was probably the object of the exercise and so retracted my response.

AH

Moves
10 Mar 11

Yeah, sorry about that; as sonhouse says it meant "nevermind". You'd issued a challenge to jaywill which I interpreted as a challenge he shouldn't be able to meet and I came up with an easy example - an example which illustrates the folly in his thinking. I then realised this was probably the object of the exercise and so retracted my response.
Lol.
I thought it must have been something like that.
I was really trying hard to see the connection with non-volatile memory and failing and wondering if I would be made to look really stupid for not seeing the obvious connection.

F

Moves
10 Mar 11

Originally posted by Dasa
At the end of the day you are the same as the atheist who fabricate falsity for the relief of conscience.
What have I fabricated though? Name one 'instruction from God' that I have fabricated. Name one 'method of ensuring an afterlife/reincarnation' that I have fabricated. Name one piece of religionist dogma or partisan doctrinal condemnation that I have fabricated. Why do you keep saying that I "fabricate" what you refer to as "falsity"?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
10 Mar 11

Originally posted by FMF
What have I fabricated though? Name one 'instruction from God' that I have fabricated. Name one 'method of ensuring an afterlife/reincarnation' that I have fabricated. Name one piece of religionist dogma or partisan doctrinal condemnation that I have fabricated. Why do you keep saying that I "fabricate" what you refer to as "falsity"?
You say.....

There are no instructions.

There is no soul..

There is no afterlife.

There is no rebirth.

You kill for food because you need food to stay alive.

You band together Vedanta and false religion.

You whimsically reject spiritual authority and say there is none.

And after fabricating all this you say "you are a theist"

All this is fabrication.