Strife

Strife

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by lemon lime
I see. So, you've judged yourself and found yourself innocent of any wrongdoing...

Why am I not surprised?
You asked me if I considered myself an enemy of God, I said no.

What are you on about now, not saying my prayers at night?

F

Moves
07 Apr 16

I see. So, you've judged yourself and found yourself innocent of any wrongdoing...

Why am I not surprised?
Does "any wrongdoing" make a Christian "an enemy of God"? This would be the first time I've heard such a notion suggested. Is this what you think James 4:4 means?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
07 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
You asked me if I considered myself an enemy of God, I said no.

What are you on about now, not saying my prayers at night?
That doesn't make sense... why would I ask you if you consider yourself an enemy of God if I already know you don't consider yourself an enemy of God? That's the sort of dumb-ss question I'd expect to see coming from you-know-who.

What I said was it was something you should seriously consider if you are a Christian.

F

Moves
07 Apr 16

That doesn't make sense... why would I ask you if you consider yourself an enemy of God if I already know you don't consider yourself an enemy of God? That's the sort of dumb-ss question I'd expect to see coming from you-know-who.
He's a Christian, and you told him - in that case - he should "seriously consider" if he is "an enemy of God or not". When he said he doesn't think he's "an enemy of God", you declared that to mean that he has judged himself and "found [himself] innocent of any wrongdoing". It is surely you who is not making sense.

F

Moves
07 Apr 16

What I said was it was something you should seriously consider [b]if you are a Christian.[/b]
Well he has considered it, as you suggest. How do you equate a Christian not feeling they are "an enemy of God" with them supposedly claiming they are "innocent of any wrongdoing"? I have not encountered this before. Is it based on scripture?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
07 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Does "any wrongdoing" make a Christian "an enemy of God"? This would be the first time I've heard such a notion suggested. Is this what you think James 4:4 means?
You're clearly out of your element here...

I'm looking forward to seeing intelligent questions coming from you when or if that ever happens... until then I'll mostly be ignoring you.

rc

Moves
07 Apr 16

I'm looking forward to seeing intelligent questions coming from you when or if that ever happens... until then I'll be mostly ignoring you.
a discussion with FMF is a tundra region, a vast emptiness over which the Arctic wind blows endlessly!

F

Moves
07 Apr 16

I'm looking forward to seeing intelligent questions coming from you when or if that ever happens... until then I'll mostly be ignoring you.
This is understandably evasive of you when you have clearly said something that you are going to be hard pressed to justify and my question is bang on target.

F

Moves
07 Apr 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
a discussion with FMF is a tundra region, a vast emptiness over which the Arctic wind blows endlessly!
Which scripture do you imagine lemon lime has in mind when he links not being "an enemy of God" with being "innocent of any wrongdoing"? It sounds far-fetched.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
07 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
This is understandably evasive of you when you have clearly said something that you are going to be hard pressed to justify and my question is bang on target.
LoL

You're definitely banging on something, that's for sure.

F

Moves
07 Apr 16
1 edit

LoL

You're definitely banging on something, that's for sure.
Be that as it may, but the questions put to you remain unanswered.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
07 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
He's a Christian, and you told him - in that case - he should "seriously consider" if he is "an enemy of God or not". When he said he doesn't think he's "an enemy of God", you declared that to mean that he has judged himself and "found [himself] innocent of any wrongdoing". It is surely you who is not making sense.
"He's a Christian..."

And I'm a Cessna 172 Skyhawk. Four-seat, single-engine, high wing, fixed-wing aircraft made by the Cessna Aircraft Company.

Range: 736.3 mi
Cruise speed: 140 mph
Top speed: 188 mph
Wingspan: 36′ 0″
Engine type: Lycoming O-360

F

Moves
07 Apr 16

"He's a Christian..."

And I'm a Cessna 172 Skyhawk. Four-seat, single-engine, high wing, fixed-wing aircraft made by the Cessna Aircraft Company.

You both believe that Jesus is your saviour and you probably agree on almost all of the doctrines that Christians subscribe to. What differences in terms of belief and doctrine do you have with him? Trinity? Eternal torture? Surely the differences between you do not preclude you both being Christians and recognizing each other as Christians?

rc

Moves
07 Apr 16

"He's a Christian..."

Lol 😀

F

Moves
07 Apr 16

This comes across as merely a couple of posters going ...you're not a Christian... but we are... na na ni na na. I would have thought the doctrinal differences between lemon lime and robbie would be far more substantial and intractable than those between lemon lime and divegeester.