The battle within

The battle within

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Mar 18
1 edit

I am a Christian, a real one in my opinion. I have a faith, I respect the gospel of Jesus Christ and I believe that Jesus is Lord.

However, I also look at Christianity and at the bible and the other part of me thinks “WTF!” Eternal torture, genocidal floods and talking snakes.

Anyone else have this issue, just wondering?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Mar 18

One thumb down already 😞

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Mar 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
One thumb down already 😞
Romans and Family

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

I am a Christian, a real one in my opinion. I have a faith, I respect the gospel of Jesus Christ and I believe that Jesus is Lord.

However, I also look at Christianity and at the bible and the other part of me thinks “WTF!” Eternal torture, genocidal floods and talking snakes.

Before passing judgment, we ought to acknowledge we don’t know what the world was like before the flood (how evil it was,) and the “talking snake” was simply demon possessed. A famous case on Lindley Street in Bridgeport, CT USA had a talking cat that was witnessed by firefighters and police officers who responded to the house due to unexplained phenomenon. And annihilationism may well be correct - but even if it isn’t, I think you just have to trust in God and in His ways. A God that would send His Son to die a sacrificial death on the cross to save mankind can’t be as bad as one would think - just the opposite in fact.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Romans and Family
I didn’t thumb it down.

But there you are, bearing false witness again. When are you condemning me to hell? You haven’t done that in a while.

Moves
24 Mar 18
2 edits

What is the issue for you?

Is it that there are people who claim that the Bible asserts that Eternal torture, genocidal floods and talking snakes are factual, and such facts collide with your picture of what is true? This is easy, there are such people and they are wrong. However, it leaves some doubt that the Bible is to be taken “literally.” Whatever that means. Whatever it means, it places responsibility for a proper reading of the Bible in your own hands. That’s a big deal. It’s at once freeing, and binding.

Or is it that the Lord Himself calls on you to believe these things are factual and you just can’t do it? That’s not so easy. Edit: but then the Lord is talking to you through these other humans? Don’t believe it for a minute.

Moves
24 Mar 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @romans1009
Before passing judgment, we ought to acknowledge we don’t know what the world was like before the flood (how evil it was,) and the “talking snake” was simply demon possessed. A famous case on Lindley Street in Bridgeport, CT USA had a talking cat that was witnessed by firefighters and police officers who responded to the house due to unexplained phenomen ...[text shortened]... ath on the cross to save mankind can’t be as bad as one would think - just the opposite in fact.
“A God that would send His Son to die a sacrificial death on the cross to save mankind can’t be as bad as one would think - just the opposite in fact.”

We’re just lucky we were still covered by the Manufacturer’s warranty.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Mar 18

Do you want some real advice?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Before passing judgment, we ought to acknowledge we don’t know what the world was like before the flood (how evil it was,) and the “talking snake” was simply demon possessed. A famous case on Lindley Street in Bridgeport, CT USA had a talking cat that was witnessed by firefighters and police officers who responded to the house due to unexplained phenomen ...[text shortened]... ath on the cross to save mankind can’t be as bad as one would think - just the opposite in fact.
Dont judge . Advise instead

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Mar 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Do you want some real advice?
As opposed to fake advice?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
24 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Romans and Family
Aren't you going to accuse divegeester of mouth worship?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
24 Mar 18

What makes a real Christian, in your opinion?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Dont judge . Advise instead
Maybe you should listen to and act upon your own advice.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 Mar 18

Originally posted by @secondson
What makes a real Christian, in your opinion?
My faith.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 Mar 18

Originally posted by @js357
What is the issue for you?

Is it that there are people who claim that the Bible asserts that Eternal torture, genocidal floods and talking snakes are factual, and such facts collide with your picture of what is true? This is easy, there are such people and they are wrong. However, it leaves some doubt that the Bible is to be taken “literally.” Whatever tha ...[text shortened]... : but then the Lord is talking to you through these other humans? Don’t believe it for a minute.
These two positions are not mutually exclusive, however the first i now reject out of hand. Like most religious people I was “brought up” (loosest meaning) to believe x y z, or I have bec9me aware that a b c is believed by other Christians. I have decided to make my own mind up and I reject a lot of what other Christian believe, or have themselves been “brought up” to believe. The trinity and eternal suffering are two examples of things I never have believed anyway but genocide and murder does not fit with my moral code either.

God has not told me to believe in these things.