The battle within

The battle within

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
28 Mar 18

Originally posted by @freakykbh
Why?
Why is it "the important thing"?
I'm not disagreeing, but I am curious why you think the important thing is the act--- or how you're valuating "important" in the first place.
I'm more curious why you think I'm talking about my own views when I clearly said, 'All these years and you still don't get what 'he' is talking about.'

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Mar 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
All these years and you still don't get what he is talking about. The atheist thing is irrelevant. (Or at least for God alone to judge). The important thing is acting out the good in our hearts, not just talking about it or thinking we are saved by belief alone or that good works are meaningless in themselves.
All these years ... she will never get it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Mar 18

I'm more curious why you think I'm talking about my own views when I clearly said, 'All these years and you still don't get what 'he' is talking about.'
He, gets what Im talking about. He just does not like it.

Moves
29 Mar 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
I actually never had this issue because I never operated from the perspective that man is fundamentally good. I think that the goodness that I have had, what little there is, is not from my own doing but from the doing of my parents and those around me. If I was left to my own devices, I would live in a way that is not different from a rude headhunting t ...[text shortened]... Wills, and all is subject to Him, and that this is the God of the Bible... It falls into place.
I’ll get to this later....

Moves
30 Mar 18
2 edits

I actually never had this issue because I never operated from the perspective that man is fundamentally good. I think that the goodness that I have had, what little there is, is not from my own doing but from the doing of my parents and those around me. If I was left to my own devices, I would live in a way that is not different from a rude headhunting t ...[text shortened]... Wills, and all is subject to Him, and that this is the God of the Bible... It falls into place.
I actually never had this issue because I never operated from the perspective that man is fundamentally good.
And yet in the other thread you talk about mankind/people deserving to be punished and sent to hell. If mankind is “fundamentally good”, why does he deserve punishment?

One of the more profound things that I learned was that historically people felt shame about their losses. People dind't actually feel like victimhood imbued righteousness -- it belied weakness. This is why entire civilizations refused to record their defeats -- see Israel Finklestein about this.
Why are you always telling people what you have read? And what on Earth has this comment got to do with the OP?

Man's "goodness" is like nothing. We have to follow the words of Christ to be good at all.
So not “fundamentally good” after all then? 😕

So I do not really think of man as something that deserves only goodness...
Oh really, so again...not “fundamentally good”?

But, more importantly,...
Yes, this is all SO important. If it made any sense, it might be.

I have total faith in God to mete out justice, and instead of depending on a postmodern understandign, and hardening my heart to view that my perspective on "justice" and what should happen is the right one, I acknowledge that the words of God are accurate and I will follow that teaching.
And there’s the barbed comment...

As far as "talkign snakes," I am not sure why you have a problem with this. You can interpret this as having occurred on another plane.
ah, of course...why didn’t I think of talking snakes on another plane. Silly me.

Once you accept that there is a creator God and God fo the Universe who can do as He Wills, and all is subject to Him, and that this is the God of the Bible... It falls into place.
Does it really? Well I’ll just abdicate my internal moral code, abandon all rational thought and just accept what you are saying then.

S. Korea

Moves
30 Mar 18

Half of your complaints would be solved if you read the first sentence that you quoted correctly:

I actually never had this issue because I never operated from the perspective that man is fundamentally good.

Plus...

I just realized...

we are very close to saying "Snakes on a plane."
When we said...

Talking snakes on another plane.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Mar 18

All these years and you still don't get what he is talking about. The atheist thing is irrelevant. (Or at least for God alone to judge). The important thing is acting out the good in our hearts, not just talking about it or thinking we are saved by belief alone or that good works are meaningless in themselves.
Oh, I get what he says.

He's just wrong, is all.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Mar 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Why is “sticks it” in quotation marks?

If certain so called Christians didn’t hold horrendous beliefs or behave dishonesty in this forum they wouldn’t find themselves get it “stuck” into them at all.
And, of course, you rate everyone who disagrees with you, as "dishonest".

Don't you even see the dishonesty of that?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Mar 18

The poignant verse of scripture you keep pointing to, to support his ideas, doesn't even mean what you think it does.

I know I don't have to quote "The Princess Bride", here.

Another poster once said, "And on top of that you can't even get there from here!"

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
All these years ... she will never get it.
I don't need to "get it", because you are wrong. You need to stop presupposing that your twisted interpretation of scripture is right.

But that's okay, there's a long line of similarly wrong Christians ahead of you. You're not the first, by any reckoning, to be wrong, nor the first to not even recognize that. You are, however, the single most popular, of those who've got it wrong, among the atheists here, because you are the first to be SO wrong as to say they're saved, over and above some Christians.

But as you like to say, God is not a "respecter of persons", and your popularity here means about as much as the spittle it takes to spit that out.

But yeah, you don't "get" that, either.

Moves
30 Mar 18

Half of your complaints would be solved if you read the first sentence that you quoted correctly:

I quoted you on that several times in my reply if you actually bothered to read my post instead of drooling over it.

Are you on the vodka again? Sober up Jacob.

Moves
30 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @suzianne
And, of course, you rate everyone who disagrees with you, as "dishonest".

Don't you even see the dishonesty of that?
The irony in your post is so thick I could use it to fill pot holes.Do you even stop to consider how you allow your partisan mindset to impact your posting? For example did you tackle sonship for calling out posters who disagreed with him (including you) as claiming to be more righteous that Christ? No of course you didn’t, he’s your buddy, brethren, forum pal, you side of the battle and the forum and website destroyers like me.

Just grow up.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Mar 18

I don't need to "get it", because you are wrong. You need to stop presupposing that your twisted interpretation of scripture is right.

But that's okay, there's a long line of similarly wrong Christians ahead of you. You're not the first, by any reckoning, to be wrong, nor the first to not even recognize that. You are, however, the single most popula ...[text shortened]... out as much as the spittle it takes to spit that out.

But yeah, you don't "get" that, either.
Your problem is that what I say makes sense.
What I say is what Jesus Christ says and that bothers you.
I suggest you wake up from your blissful ignorance and smell the coffee

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Mar 18

So, in order to make this simple declarative statement, you must be prepared to list his "works", and other ways he carries out the will of God, according to you and your other statements that other Christians here fall short. Because I submit that you have just as much proof of his "works" as you have proof that other Christians here do NOT have "works". ...[text shortened]... ans in this forum in much the same way as you do. This is incredibly self-serving on your part.
Rajk bases his assessment on others posts . Fair enough ?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Mar 18

And, of course, this has "nothing" to do with how Rajk consistently raises up atheists in this forum as "righteous".

Again, just as I told Rajk, your support of him is based on his support of you. No surprises there.
out of touch