1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 12:473 edits
    This question is for anyone who has read the anti-eternal punishment threads of certain posters.

Of you who have not believed in the Gospel, I would like to know:

Has an argument that God is a Torturing Monster to execute eternal punishment made you MORE open minded to considering the truth claims of Jesus Christ ?

If before you heard of this Annhilationism and you scoffed at the Bible, has an elaboration ON God not condemning forever made you MORE opened that maybe Jesus is Son of God afterall ?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 12:541 edit
    You heard about Jesus and the Bible warning of eternal damnation.

Then you heard arguments that that is all wrong and God would not be SO much of a Torturing Monster so as not to zap you out of existence for rejecting Christ's redemption.

How many unbelievers have been favorably disposed to be MORE OPENED to the claims of Jesus because of embracing Annhilation rather than eternal punishment ?

Say, honestly "Well if THAT is the case, then MAYBE Jesus really might be the Savior and Lord - the Son of God."

How many have been helped by Divegeester to reconsider the Gospel because of this ?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 12:59
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Has an argument that God is a Torturing Monster to execute eternal punishment made you MORE open minded to considering the truth claims of Jesus Christ ?
    Your whole torturer god ideology is morally incoherent. It renders you unable to speak credibly about morality. Your moral compass spins on its circular logic. And ~ with this gullibility and obliviousness in mind ~ non-Christians are supposed to believe the supernatural stuff you claim about Jesus?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 13:06
    How many have been helped by Divegeester to reconsider the Gospel because of this ?
    divegeester's stance has helped me to realize how ludicrous your personal claim about you becoming more "like Jesus" really is. When you talk about "justice" and "morality" you offer nothing more than a heart of might-is-right darkness. divegeester has succeeded in highlighting this.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 13:063 edits
    Anyone else ?

Has Divegeester's arguments for a Kinder Gentler Non-Forever Judging Lord and Savior made you MORE inclined to believe the life and work of Jesus ?

( I never argued that there was no other teaching in the Bible ).

I got one ambiguous grumble.
    Any other CLEAR indications that you are MORE inclined towards the Bible's God because of "air conditioning hell" or teaching that you will reject God and then not exist in eternal oblivion ?

Does it make Christ more believable to you? More desirable perhaps ??

I'm out here on a limb now. So speak up.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 13:161 edit
    Does it make Christ more believable to you? More desirable perhaps ??
    No it does not make Christ more believable. No it is not more desirable. But it does make people like divegeester seem like they have a more coherent moral compass than the one people like you have. It is more desirable to have religionists running around with a fundamentally understanable moral compass rather than religionists running around without one [or forced to ignore the one their ghoulish superstitions have saddled them with].
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 13:193 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    divegeester's stance has helped me to realize how ludicrous your personal claim about you becoming more "like Jesus" really is. When you talk about "justice" and "morality" you offer nothing more than a heart of might-is-right darkness. divegeester has succeeded in highlighting this.
    I reject your caricature because Divine Might and Right ALSO apply for Him dying on the cross for all the sins of mankind.

The Might and Right attribute works both ways.

YOUR caricature is that Divine Might and Right only work AGAINST man.

I believe the NT that Divine Might and Right also Justified me forever freely.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 13:231 edit
    I reject your caricature because Might and Right ALSO apply for Him dying on the cross for all the sins of mankind.
    He "died on the cross" because the Romans executed him for sedition and the Jews wanted him executed for blasphemy. And if you are suggesting that non-believers somehow deserve to be hung out burning on chains for eternity because he "died on the cross", then your torturer god ideology just gets even more ghastly and far-fetched.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 13:27
    Anyone else ?

Has Divegeester's arguments for a [b]Kinder Gentler Non-Forever Judging Lord and Savior
    made you MORE inclined to believe the life and work of Jesus ?

Any other CLEAR indications that you are MORE inclined towards the Bible's God ...[text shortened]... t more believable to you? More desirable perhaps ??

I'm out here on a limb now. So speak up.[/b]
    The more you talk
    - the more people realize you are a fraud
    - the more people sitting on the fence move away from Christianity
    - the more people in your camp of OSAS become unconvinced of that doctrine

So you are your own worse enemy. Keep talking
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 13:273 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    He "died on the cross" because the Romans executed him for sedition and the Jews wanted him executed for blasphemy. And if you are suggesting that non-believers somehow deserve to be hung out burning on chains for eternity because he "died on the cross", then your torturer god ideology just gets even more ghastly and far-fetched.
    I have to put you in the "NO change to unbelief" group.

Divegeester's labors to present a gentler Annihilation to Oblivion Lord and Savior has not in the least influenced you to regard Christ as Son of God.

Others?

Quick before we have to spend the next 100 posts talking about FMF as the center of everything.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 13:30
    I have to put you in the "NO change to unbelief" group.
    Well I said so. Point blank. We all die. That's annihilationism for you, I suppose. If you want to claim you are somehow going to live forever, good for you. Whatever floats your boats. But to claim I am going to be tortured as a warning to people on other planets blah blah blah. You got to be kidding.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 13:32
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    The more you talk
    - the more people realize you are a fraud
    - the more people sitting on the fence move away from Christianity
    - the more people in your camp of OSAS become unconvinced of that doctrine

So you are your own worse enemy. Keep talking
    Wow, that sounds really bad.

Others?

Divegeester's Annilationism has caused the Son of God in the New Testament to be MORE BELIEVABLE to you ??
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 13:50
    Wow, that sounds really bad.

Others?

Divegeester's Annilationism has caused the Son of God in the New Testament to be MORE BELIEVABLE to you ??
    What exactly do you think is attractive to right thinking people about the following:

1. Accept Christ with your mouth and you are eternally saved.
    You can continue to sin and live as you wish.
    Sin only leads to some loss of rewards and maybe some punishment in the millennial age, but eternal life is secure

2. Do not accept Christ with your mouth and you will be tormented for all eternity.

How can you even think that anyone would accept a God with such a crooked agenda.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 13:57
    It makes for a more morally credible Christian.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 15:22
    Anyone else ?

Has Divegeester's arguments for a [b]Kinder Gentler Non-Forever Judging Lord and Savior
    made you MORE inclined to believe the life and work of Jesus ?

Any other CLEAR indications that you are MORE inclined towards the Bible's God ...[text shortened]... t more believable to you? More desirable perhaps ??

I'm out here on a limb now. So speak up.[/b]
    No.

But it sure makes your God sound like a more reasonable guy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree