1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 15:413 edits
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    No.

But it sure makes your God sound like a more reasonable guy.
    Would you think that a rapist would find "more reasonable" a law which warns of breaking the law to rape people, BUT has no consequences for doing so?

Would you think that the serial rapist might find that government's laws "more reasonable" ?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 15:461 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Would you think that a rapist would find "more reasonable" a law which warns of breaking the law to rape people, BUT has no consequences for doing so?

Would you think the serial rapist would find that society "more reasonable" ?
    Oh gosh. Maybe Ghost of a Duke condones 'no punishment' for rape? Is that what you're getting at?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 15:58
    I think a serial rapist should go to gaol. I would think "no consequences" for a serial rapist would not be reasonable. Do you and I agree on that? Have I 'passed' your debating gimmick?
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 17:29

Would you think that the serial rapist might find that government's laws "more reasonable" ?
    Surely the consequence for such a despicable person is 'not' experiencing everlasting life in heaven?

Why isn't that enough for you?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 19:443 edits
    Surely the consequence for such a despicable person is 'not' experiencing everlasting life in heaven?

Why isn't that enough for you?

1.) I don't talk about going to heaven as an everlasting destiny. The warfare with God's enemies is over the earth and the universe.

2.) It could be that the unreconciled sinner is in a perpetual state of rebellion which in turn calls for a perpetual state of judgment.

3.) It also could be that as the saved are conformed to the image of Christ, the lost become more and more exactly like Satan. That too would call for perpetual judgment.

This is speculative and I do not know for sure.
    It is not a matter of what satisfies me.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 19:491 edit
    And I always balance my contemplations of everlasting punishment with the awesome realization that God Himself in Christ went as far as He could that we be reconciled to the eternal Perfect.

Whenever I think of the horrors of eternal separation from God I contemplate the horrors of what the God-man Jesus passed through in His uttermost love to save us.

To many of you, what occurred on Calvary was no big deal. So you think only of the severity to sinners in being judged by God instead of letting Jesus be judged in your place.

I would suggest to some of you that you spend at least equal time to meditate on WHO it was that hung on that cross for you under the wrath of God - ON YOUR BEHALF.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 19:55
    In the garden of Gethsemane a Perfect and Righteous man cared nothing for Himself, but poured out His dedication to the will of His Father.

If you take Divegeester's interpretation that He knew that there was no eternal punishment (but non-existence to the lost), HOW MANY of you are MORE inclined to love and believe that Jesus the Son of God gave Himself for you ?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 22:011 edit
    If the thought of being unjustified by God and eternal damnation makes your heart utterly COLD towards Jesus Christ -

Does removal of the prospect of eternal punishment warm up anyone's heart towards Jesus ?

Did the prospect of rejection of Christ leading to Annihilation to the oblivion of nothingness warm up your heart towards the Person and work of Christ ?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 23:48
    If the thought of being unjustified by God and eternal damnation makes your heart utterly COLD towards Jesus Christ -

Does removal of the prospect of eternal punishment warm up anyone's heart towards Jesus ?

Did the prospect of rejection of Christ leading to [b] Annihilation to the oblivion of nothingness
    warm up your heart towards the Person and work of Christ ?[/b]
    You are damaged goods.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 06:25
    If the thought of being unjustified by God and eternal damnation makes your heart utterly COLD towards Jesus Christ - Does removal of the prospect of eternal punishment warm up anyone's heart towards Jesus ? Did the prospect of rejection of Christ leading to Annihilation to the oblivion of nothingness warm up your heart towards the Person and work of Christ ?
    All this makes me think that I have no need to take seriously the conjecture and far-fetched claims of someone who falls hook line a sinker for such a mundanely depraved and morally non-sensical ideology.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 11:11
    Anyone else ?

Has Divegeester's arguments for a Kinder Gentler Non-Forever Judging Lord and Savior made you MORE inclined to believe the life and work of Jesus ? ...
    Fairy tales aren't more likely to be true because the fairy is nice!
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 11:17
    I would suggest to some of you that you spend at least equal time to meditate on WHO it was that hung on that cross for you under the wrath of God - ON YOUR BEHALF.
    Jesus saved us from hell, prometheus gave us fire stolen from the gods, paul bunyan made lakes just by walking around. They all deserve statues downtown.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 12:39
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Jesus saved us from hell, prometheus gave us fire stolen from the gods, paul bunyan made lakes just by walking around. They all deserve statues downtown.
    Perhaps the more important question is not about Jesus saves you from hell but if you're worth a damn to begin with.

You need a life.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 13:08
    Perhaps the more important question is not about Jesus saves you from hell but if you're worth a damn to begin with.

You need a life.
    Are you declaring yourself to be a better and more worthy person than apathist, sonship?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 13:18
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Are you declaring yourself to be a better and more worthy person than apathist, sonship?
    I'm declaring myself to be saved.

He like you is declaring that he doesn't need to be.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree