1. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 17:141 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    You did not answer this question.

Why then did He say -

[b] " ... for apart from Me you can do nothing" ( John 15:5b)

?
    [/b]
    I dont need to answer anything.
    That verse actually condemns anyone who does nothing.
    Doing nothing means that they are not in Christ.
    Doing something means that they are in Christ.
    You promote a doctrine of doing nothing.
    Therefore if anyone follows you and actually do nothing then they are not in Christ.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 17:321 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    I dont need to answer anything.
    That verse actually condemns anyone who does nothing.
    Doing nothing means that they are not in Christ.
    Doing something means that they are in Christ.
    You promote a doctrine of doing nothing.
    Therefore if anyone follows you and actually do nothing then they are not in Christ.
    But the passage does not simply say "Don't do nothing."
    It says apart from Him the disciples can do nothing.

Any reasonable person should understand that to mean that Abiding in Him much can be accomplished for Him and apart from abiding in Him nothing can.

You'er twisting the passage.

If there is condemnation in the passage it is for not ABIDING in Him as the true vine primarily.

The reason you don't think it is important or even possible to abide in Christ as the true vine is because you don't think Christ is available.

"Sweat WITHOUT Jesus" is your message.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 17:47
    But the passage does not simply say "Don't do nothing."
    It says [b]apart from
    Him the disciples can do nothing.

Any reasonable person should understand that to mean that Abiding in Him much can be accomplished for Him and apart from abiding in Him nothing can.

You'er twisting the passage.

If there is condemnation in the passage it is for no ...[text shortened]... vine is because you don't think Christ is available.

"Sweat WITHOUT Jesus" is your message.[/b]
    You do not understand what it means to abide in Christ.
    Jesus explained what that meant.
    But you do not care to read it as abiding in Christ means following the commandments
    We all know how you love the commandments of Christ.

If someone is FOLLOWING THE COMMANDMENTS OF CHRIST
    Then they are ABIDING IN CHRIST.

You think that abiding in Christ means to TALK AND TALK AND TALK AND TALK AND TALK AND TALK AND TALK AND TALK AND TALK AND TALK AND TALK AND TALK AND TALK AND TALK AND TALK AND TALK AND TALK about Christ over and over.

You are a talker and a bull$$hitter.

DOERS are just, not talkers
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 21:131 edit
    You still didn't explain what it means that apart from Him the disciples can do nothing.

Before fruit can be produced abiding must occur.
    Apart from abiding in Him no fruit unto Him can be produced.

The source of the fruit is in the vine's life flowing into the branches.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 21:521 edit
    You still didn't explain what it means that apart from Him the disciples can do nothing.

Before fruit can be produced abiding must occur.
    Apart from abiding in Him no fruit unto Him can be produced.

The source of the fruit is in the vine's life flowing into the branches.
    You did not read the whole passage. Jesus explained it in very simple language

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
    (John 15:1-14 KJV)

How does someone abide in Christ. I think Jesus makes it pretty clear.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 00:26
    You did not read the whole passage. Jesus explained it in very simple language

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now [b]ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
    Abid ...[text shortened]... John 15:1-14 KJV)

How does someone abide in Christ. I think Jesus makes it pretty clear.[/b]
    Recently, a few days ago, I wrote something too insulting to you about your mouth and a demon's anus. I apologize to you for that post.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 00:47
    Recently, a few days ago, I wrote something too insulting to you about your mouth and a demon's anus. I apologize to you for that post.
    What does that have to do with the matter under discussion.

Please focus.

How does the Christian abide in Christ?
  8. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 06:55
    Woo. Sounds like I've been missing some good stuff here...
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 13:47
    What does that have to do with the matter under discussion.

Please focus.

How does the Christian abide in Christ?
    I didn't say I was intending to discuss anything with you necessarily.

Don't be confused. I was simply apologizing for something.
    Now that is done, so good day.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 13:571 edit
    I didn't say I was intending to discuss anything with you necessarily.

Don't be confused. I was simply apologizing for something.
    Now that is done, so good day.
    Your apologies are for your benefit not mine. Plus you have apologised so often in the last few years that it is like the wind blowing. So moving forward... Jesus says that if someone follows his commandments then that person is abiding in him and abiding in his love. You seem not to understand that. Instead your doctrine focuses only on talking about Jesus and equating that with abiding in Jesus, and not in doing what Jesus said to do

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree