1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 16:56
    @rajk999 said
    So you in fact believe that some people will be tormented for eternity.
    josephw had exactly the same cognitive dissonance, the same wretched inability to be unequivocal, and the same resort to channel this cognitive dissonance and wretched inability to be unequivocal through proxies.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 17:20
    @rajk999 said
    So you in fact believe that some people will be tormented for eternity.
    Without a doubt!
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 17:53
    @kellyjay said
    Without a doubt!
    And the fact you can marry that with the existence of an omnibenevolent deity demonstrates clearly how theological thought weakens your human morality.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 18:58
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    And the fact you can marry that with the existence of an omnibenevolent deity demonstrates clearly how theological thought weakens your human morality.
    You have not addressed my point about over looking a crime yet. You already knew I believed in an eternal hell so nothing new there. You think love means crimes can be ignored?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 19:00
    @kellyjay said
    You have not addressed my point about over looking a crime yet. You already knew I believed in an eternal hell so nothing new there. You think love means crimes can be ignored?
    You have not yet addressed the OP.

Neither has sonship nor SecondSon.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 19:03
    @kellyjay said
    What "crimes"?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 19:11
    @kellyjay said
    Without a doubt!
    You believe in an evil God. Your God is Satan. Only Satan and his evil angels will believe and promote such a doctrine .
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 19:14
    @fmf said
    What "crimes"?
    KellyJay, when you allude to "crimes", are you referring to not obeying Jesus' commandments and not doing good works, or are you referring to some notion of thoughtcrimes you believe in?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 19:46
    @rajk999 said
    You believe in an evil God. Your God is Satan. Only Satan and his evil angels will believe and promote such a doctrine .
    Actually I believe God is good and man is not, neither is Satan or his evil angels. You are very free with making charges that have more to do with your feelings than with actual reality or scriptural truths.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 20:02
    @kellyjay said
    Actually I believe God is good and man is not, neither is Satan or his evil angels. You are very free with making charges that have more to do with your feelings than with actual reality or scriptural truths.
    What if 'scriptural truths' are merely the 'feelings' of men, written down a long time ago in a book?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 20:59
    @kellyjay said
    Actually I believe God is good and man is not, neither is Satan or his evil angels.
    Of these persons you mention, which of them will be burning people alive for eternity?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 22:25
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    What if 'scriptural truths' are merely the 'feelings' of men, written down a long time ago in a book?
    Right now, you are the one making truth claim based upon just your feelings. I asked you a question so we could reason this out. If you want to lower this to name-calling too, I guess we can stop. If however you think that what you said is absolutely true why avoid answering what I’m asking? Can someone who loves another over look a crime if that person is just and good, even a human we don’t have to take this to godhood?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '19 00:54
    @kellyjay said
    Can someone who loves another over look a crime if that person is just and good, even a human we don’t have to take this to godhood?
    What "crime" And what punishment in response to it? You're analogy is surely a dud. You seem to be talking about "someone who loves another" nevertheless torturing them in a most demented and morally incoherent way. What was the analogy earlier? For embezzling money from a family firm? Torment in burning flames for eternity?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '19 00:56
    @kellyjay said
    If however you think that what you said is absolutely true why avoid answering what I’m asking?
    Oh the irony.
  15. S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Sep '19 02:11
    @divegeester said
    Ok this thread is specifically calling SecondSon and Sonship to the platform to discuss precisely what it is we all need to know about Jesus and his alleged oversight of the burning of people in Hell for eternity. I’d include JellyKay but he’s got me on ignore as usual.

Why am I starting this thread? Both of the protagonists mentioned are keen to highlight the l ...[text shortened]... what you believe about it, please feel free to step in and correct my understanding.

Thank you.
    This is the sort of salvo that you get from atheists pointing out that the Christian God is cruel, right. And that is fine, it is something that has to be dealt with.

However, I have yet to see Dive in particular tell us how his view of hell not existing is Biblical.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree