The Jesus Question

The Jesus Question

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @eladar
Was John written by an apostle?
John said this :

1Jn_4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

God revealed that to Simon Peter
God revealed that to John
God revealed that to me.

Maybe God will revealed it to you when you believe in following Christ

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
I didn't change the topic. If you believe Jesus when he said only God is good, and you don't think Jesus is God, then by simple deduction, you don't believe Jesus was/is good.

I didn't just up and decide for no reason that the case for the doctrine OSAS has merit; I weighed the arguments for and against, and came to my own conclusion.

John 3:15-16 ...[text shortened]... ls. And those whom He calls, He justifies. Not some of whom are predestined and called. All.
By certain standards only God is good. Jesus also said that disciples should try to be perfect even as God is perfect. So I see no problem with the statement.

Had you really weighed in all the teachings which are for and against the doctrine of OSAS you would not accept such a woefully incomplete doctrine.

In all the writings of Jesus and the Apostles there are warnings to all Christians - born again, Saints who have the Holy Spirit to refrain from a life of sin and evil otherwise there is no inheritance in the Kingdom of God. That alone cancels any doctrine of OSAS which states that all who profess with their mouth Jesus , they are saved.immediately.

It is a nonsense doctrine which relies on two a three passages for support.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
By certain standards only God is good. Jesus also said that disciples should try to be perfect even as God is perfect. So I see no problem with the statement.

Had you really weighed in all the teachings which are for and against the doctrine of OSAS you would not accept such a woefully incomplete doctrine.

In all the writings of Jesus and the Apostle ...[text shortened]... aved.immediately.

It is a nonsense doctrine which relies on two a three passages for support.
And salvation by works is flawed because the Bible is clear in saying people can know if they are children of God while they are on earth, and the Bible makes no mention of a judgment in the afterlife to determine one’s eternal destination.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
If the posters on this forum are any indication, Intellectual integrity is in really short supply amongst Christians.
You mean like someone who refuses to say if he is an atheist and who ignores literally dozens of questions that prove his doctrines are false?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jun 18

You could say that again.
And a Christ denier agrees with the Christ-denying ToO.

Shockah!

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
03 Jun 18

... doctrine of OSAS which states that all who profess with their mouth Jesus , they are saved.immediately.
No, that is not what the doctrine says. There are many who profess falsely.

T

Moves
03 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
You mean like someone who refuses to say if he is an atheist and who ignores literally dozens of questions that prove his doctrines are false?
No I mean someone like you.

What's perplexing is that other Christians don't rein you in. Your antics present Christians and Christianity in a bad light.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
03 Jun 18

T

Moves
03 Jun 18

[youtube=Someone Like You]Ua9uhFByAJo[/youtube]
Yuck

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jun 18

No, that is not what the doctrine says. There are many who profess falsely.
Kindly tell me what the doctrine says.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jun 18

What's perplexing is that other Christians don't rein you in. Your antics present Christians and Christianity in a bad light.
Why won’t you say if you’re an atheist?

Why don’t you have the integrity to not only stand up for what you believe, but say what you believe?

I couldn’t care less what other people on here think of me and no one - atheist or Christian - is capable of “reining me in” for that reason.

I answer to God and God alone. Who do you answer to?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jun 18

Kindly tell me what the doctrine says.
Are you incapable of reading John 3:16 and Romans 10:9?

T

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Why won’t you say if you’re an atheist?

Why don’t you have the integrity to not only stand up for what you believe, but say what you believe?

I couldn’t care less what other people on here think of me and no one - atheist or Christian - is capable of “reining me in” for that reason.

I answer to God and God alone. Who do you answer to?
If you "answer to God", then it would seem that God wants a buffoon to represent His views.

Somehow that doesn't seem right. More likely it's that - like many Christians - you've created "God" in your own image.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jun 18
1 edit

If you "answer to God", then it would seem that God wants a buffoon to represent His views.

Somehow that doesn't seem right. More likely it's that - like many Christians - you've created "God" in your own image.
Well I see you’re resorting to personal insults and attacks to divert attention from your refusal to say if you are an atheist - and more broadly, your refusal to not only stand up for what you believe, but even to state what you believe.

Weak!

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
03 Jun 18

Yuck
Your fault. You reminded me 😵