The Jesus Question

The Jesus Question

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jun 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Genesis 22:8
And Abraham said, My son, [b]God will provide himself
a lamb for a burnt offering:[/b]
God provided a lamb for Abraham
God provided His Son for the sacrifice for the sins of the world.

He did not send HIMSELF like I said.

T

Moves
02 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @whodey
So that was the big secret he told his disciples, eh?

John 3:16 New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

What does the term "ONLY" mean to you?
This is an example of what I had in mind when I wrote:
Like usual, many Christians don't really care what Jesus actually said or didn't say in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. They relegate those words spoken by Jesus behind the words of others. This despite the fact that perhaps the most prevalent theme in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry was the importance of the words He was speaking during that time.

You've placed your speculation about "the big secret" ahead of what Jesus explicitly stated.

You've placed the words of the narrator of John ahead of what Jesus explicitly stated.

T

Moves
02 Jun 18
4 edits

Genesis 22:8
And Abraham said, My son, [b]God will provide himself
a lamb for a burnt offering:[/b]
Genesis 22
7 Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, “My father!” And he said, “Here I am, my son.” And he said, “Behold, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?” 8 Abraham said, “God will provide for Himself the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” So the two of them walked on together.

Let's see:
Isaac asks Abraham where they are going to get lamb for a burnt offering.
Abraham replies that God will provide it.

Somehow you managed to take a simple and straightforward conversation between Isaac and Abraham and pervert it into something else entirely? Seriously? Are there no bounds to your nonsensical thinking?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
02 Jun 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
God provided a lamb for Abraham
God provided His Son for the sacrifice for the sins of the world.

He did not send HIMSELF like I said.
If you can, tell who you think the man named Jesus was before he was born.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
02 Jun 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Genesis 22
7 Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, “My father!” And he said, “Here I am, my son.” And he said, “Behold, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?” 8 Abraham said, “God will provide for Himself the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” So the two of them walked on together.

Let's see:
Isaac asks Abraha ...[text shortened]... rt it into something else entirely? Seriously? Are there no bounds to your nonsensical thinking?
You quote a corrupt translation.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jun 18
1 edit

The Son of God.
The Word of God

T

Moves
02 Jun 18
1 edit

You quote a corrupt translation.
The facts remain the same with the KJV:

Genesis 22
7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? 8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

Let's see:
Isaac asks Abraham where they are going to get lamb for a burnt offering.
Abraham replies that God will provide it.

Somehow you managed to take a simple and straightforward conversation between Isaac and Abraham and pervert it into something else entirely? Seriously? Are there no bounds to your nonsensical thinking?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jun 18

Originally posted by @chaney3
We can likely agree that He was a human man. After that, it gets difficult.

What is Messiah?
What is Son of God?
What is Word?

My answer, basically, is that I don't know.

He refers to God SO many times as Father (who He also prayed to), that it's hard to believe He was God, as many claim He is.
Jesus Christ did not have the same status in the flesh as He had before He came to earth.

“But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.”

(Hebrews 2:9)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jun 18
8 edits

Originally posted by @chaney3
Can you cite one Old Testament prophecy that speaks of God coming to earth as a human?

Do you want to receive Christ as Lord. Or do you just want some objective information for your intellect ?

You should be honest about what you want. Maybe you just want the data, the objective teaching but not Jesus as YOUR Lord.

Isaiah 9:6 says the child born is called the Mighty God and the son given is called the Eternal Father. This is God become a man and on earth. Receive Him into your heart as Lord and Savior - Jesus Christ.

"For a child is born to us, A son is given to us;
And the government is upon His shoulder;

And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." (v.7)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jun 18
2 edits

I would pray over this verse and RECEIVE Jesus as EACH title, like this:

"Lord Jesus, I receive You as the child born. Lord Jesus I also receive You as the son given. Thankyou Lord for being the born child to me and thankyou for being the son given to me. I receive You Lord.

Lord Jesus I also receive You as the Mighty God. Lord Jesus I receive you as the Eternal Father. Lord save me from FIGHTING against You because of these titles. Lord Jesus instead let me be subdued by You and submit to You as You are these Wonderful titles.

Lord Thankyou for being full of Wonder. Thank You Lord for being my Wonderful Counselor I receive You also as the Prince of Peace as the One upon Whose shoulder is the government of all creation. Amen Lord Jesus"

By praying in faith over each of these titles TO the Lord Jesus directly, God will open your inner eyes and not only come into your being but furnish you with the revelation of Him that you need.

It is a good start. a good start to an eternity of enjoying this Wonderful One, the Lord Jesus.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
02 Jun 18

The Word of God
So you're saying Jesus had a pre-incarnate existence.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Matthew 1:23
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Emmanuel = God with us. Jesus is God.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
02 Jun 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
The facts remain the same with the KJV:

Genesis 22
7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? 8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together. ...[text shortened]... rt it into something else entirely? Seriously? Are there no bounds to your nonsensical thinking?
God will provide himself a lamb.

In Revelations Jesus referred to Himself as a lamb more than any other description.

Go provided a lamb. Jesus. Jesus is the lamb. God provided himself a lamb. Jesus is God.

I realize that after so many years of indoctrination by the watchtower you're unable to see it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jun 18

So you're saying Jesus had a pre-incarnate existence.

John 1:1

Matthew 1:23
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Emmanuel = God with us. Jesus is God.
How could the Word be WITH God and BE God as well.
There is something wrong with that sentence
There are well established translation difficulties with that sentence

Jesus was always WITH God.
God was always the Father
Jesus was always the Son
The Father is greater
Jesus is not equal to the Father.

They are two separate and distinct entities.

E

Moves
02 Jun 18

How could the Word be WITH God and BE God as well.
There is something wrong with that sentence
There are well established translation difficulties with that sentence

Jesus was always WITH God.
God was always the Father
Jesus was always the Son
The Father is greater
Jesus is not equal to the Father.

They are two separate and distinct entities.

The only thing wrong with this sentence is your lack of perspective. You believe God is limited to our perspective. I would say this is because you have created your God from your own imagination.

c

Moves
02 Jun 18

Who are any of us before we are born?