Moves
    31 May '18 23:09
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I and the father are one
    John 10:30

Anyone who has seen me, has seen the father
    John 14:9

Pretty clear by Jesus himself.
    Jesus said that he and his disciples are also one.
    Does that make the disciples = Christ?
    I dont think so.

Not pretty clear as you claim
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 May '18 23:102 edits
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    The is a completely different matter of why society does not accept the teachings of Christ. Many accept him with their mouth, and then proceed to change his doctrine and sideline his commandments
    Chaney3’s history here is one of asking questions to stir the proverbial pot. He’s had all of these answers previously.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 May '18 23:10
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    it doesn't seem fair to blame him for being confused by all the nonsense that Christians espouse. He simply doesn't know who to believe. Hopefully eventually he'll decide to believe the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.
    The thumbs down queen is around...😀
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 May '18 23:11
    Chaney3’s history here is one of asking questions to stirring the proverbial pot. He’s had all of these answers previously.
    Oh yes .. I remember well.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 May '18 23:11
    Jesus said that he and his disciples are also one.
    Does that make the disciples = Christ?
    I dont think so.

Not pretty clear as you claim
    Yes it is. It just doesn’t say what you want it to say.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 May '18 23:14
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Peter's reply was "Messiah, and Son of God".

Neither of those is in line with Jesus being God.
    Do accept that in John 1 Jesus is described as God?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 May '18 23:19
    Jesus is Jehovah God incarnate, the veil of flesh, the invisible God made visible, the king of kings, the alpha and the omega and his name is exalted above all other names.

Your difficulties are not exclusive to you, try not to worry about full understanding if it eludes you. God knows a person’s heart.
    That was a wonderful post.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 May '18 23:21
    Peter's reply was "Messiah, and Son of God".

Neither of those is in line with Jesus being God.
    What do you make of the Gospel of John chapter 1 and Hebrews chapters 1 and 2?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 May '18 23:22
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b]Neither of those is in line with Jesus being God.

Exactly the point[/b]
    What do you make of the Gospel of John chapter 1 and Hebrews chapters 1 and 2?

If Jesus was just a man, as you apparently believe, by what authority did He have to say how one enters heaven? Because He said He had that authority?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 May '18 23:23
    Jesus never made these claims Himself.
    Yes, He did.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 May '18 23:24
    They are all in the bible, but if you do not want to take the bible as your source and prefer to just focus on the documented words of Jesus then you have an extremely limited pool as Jesus didn’t write any of the bible himself and his words in it are relatively few.

Your problem therefore is your choice of source material. Decide what material you want to accept as being the truth and go from there.

All the best with it.
    That was a wonderful post,
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '18 00:03
    Chaney3’s history here is one of asking questions to stir the proverbial pot. He’s had all of these answers previously.
    He isn't stirring the pot as much as telling other people they are wrong after asking for the opinion. This is why I responded as I did.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Jun '18 00:18
    Originally posted by @eladar
    He isn't stirring the pot as much as telling other people they are wrong after asking for the opinion. This is why I responded as I did.
    I get the impression he is interested in finding out what Jesus actually said about himself or the closest thing to that.
    What John said, what Isaiah said, what the pastor said, etc etc is not the question
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '18 00:24
    I get the impression he is interested in finding out what Jesus actually said about himself or the closest thing to that.
    What John said, what Isaiah said, what the pastor said, etc etc is not the question
    Correct.

God = God

God does not = Messiah
    God does not = Son of God
    God does not = Son of Man
    God does not = Word

I don't think Jesus clearly revealed His identity, and I'm curious why modern society is making bold claims when Jesus didn't do it Himself.

Also: Jesus could have corrected Peter, but He didn't.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '18 00:25
    What Jesus said?

John 8

Jesus answered, “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say, ‘He is our God.’[a] 55 But you have not known him. I know him. If I were to say that I do not know him, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and I keep his word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.” 57 So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?”[b] 58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree