The thing about LOVE

The thing about LOVE

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
You don't know about that passage, it is a single sentence by Jesus and you cannot read it and say what it means? You serious?
No I cannot and neither can you. You only think you know what it means but all you have is an opinion.

What does 'believe ' mean., and how do you know if or when someone believes. Do you go by what the person says?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
No I cannot and neither can you. You only think you know what it means but all you have is an opinion.

What does 'believe ' mean., and how do you know if or when someone believes. Do you go by what the person says?
You have no problem telling everyone what other scriptures mean!
You want to say all scripture is just an opinion when read or just this one?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
You have no problem telling everyone what other scriptures mean!
You want to say all scripture is just an opinion when read or just this one?
People take to word 'believe' to mean a professed belief with the mouth. So that everyone who professes belief with the mouth will get eternal life.

That interpretation is incorrect.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
People take to word 'believe' to mean a professed belief with the mouth. So that everyone who professes belief with the mouth will get eternal life.

Wait, you know what people believe, but you cannot understand that text?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Jun 19

@rajk999 said

Jesus said,
"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God."

If you don't know what the text means, how can you say someone else' interpretation is incorrect. Besides that, NO ONE IS ASKING FOR SOMEONE ELSES interpretation, yours is the only one I'm asking about! If you are going to say someone is incorrect, what is the correct interpretation you are judging it by?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
Wait, you know what people believe, but you cannot understand that text?
Yes I know what people believe because I speak to people and they tell me.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
Jesus said,
"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God."

If you don't know what the text means, how can you say someone else' interpretation is incorrect. Besides that, NO ONE IS ASKING FOR SOMEONE ELSES interpretation, yours is the only one I'm asking abou ...[text shortened]... you are going to say someone is incorrect, what is the correct interpretation you are judging it by?
Believe means to believe in Jesus's teachings and to follow them.

Therefore the text means:

"Whoever follow Jesus's teachings, is not condemned, but whoever does not follow His teachings is condemned already,

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Jun 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I'm not sure what you want dive.
What you need to do, if you want to and are able, is to address and explain the incongruence of a God of LOVE vs the God of eternal torture. cannot be the same God.

You do not need to use bible verses to reassert what you believe. Telling me “it’s in the bible” “the bible is plain” “it’s not my words it’s gods words” only tells me what you believe it doesn’t address the incongruence. The incongruence indicates that what you believe is a wrong interpretation. Reading out bible verses and telling me “it’s in the bible” doesn’t address it.

Now you can continue to play the dumb religious duck speaker, or you can look at the incongruence which I’ve put out there (in bold) and try to discuss why it is you want to ignore it or why it cannot be explained.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
Yes I know what people believe because I speak to people and they tell me.
I'm asking about one verse. Jesus said it, answer my question.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
Believe means to believe in Jesus's teachings and to follow them.

Therefore the text means:

"Whoever follow Jesus's teachings, is not condemned, but whoever does not follow His teachings is condemned already,
You have to change the words to ones you like to explain it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Jun 19

@divegeester said
What you need to do, if you want to and are able, is to address and explain the incongruence of a God of LOVE vs the God of eternal torture. cannot be the same God.

You do not need to use bible verses to reassert what you believe. Telling me “it’s in the bible” “the bible is plain” “it’s not my words it’s gods words” only tells me what you believe it doesn’t ...[text shortened]... ut there (in bold) and try to discuss why it is you want to ignore it or why it cannot be explained.
It tells me you cannot handle what it says and find fault with God. Odd for someone who claims Jesus is Lord.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
You have to change the words to ones you like to explain it.
Yes. Because in other passages Jesus, and all the Apostles condemn a mere profession with the mouth. Belief is one of the heart. Belief from the heart means good works and following the commandments of Christ. In the end what matters is who enters the Kingdom of God, and always it is those who follow the commandments of Christ and do good works.

You rather take that passage as it is because it meshes well with your mouth worshiping doctrine.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
It tells me you cannot handle what it says and find fault with God. Odd for someone who claims Jesus is Lord.
KellyJay, I hold to an different interpretation of the scriptures than you. Disagreeing with you, is NOT finding fault with God”.

You are completely unable to explain the incongruence of a God of LOVE vs the God of eternal torture.

Telling me what you believe and asserting that what YOU believe is right, because YOU believe your interpretation is right...is NOT explaining the incongruence.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
Yes. Because in other passages Jesus, and all the Apostles condemn a mere profession with the mouth. Belief is one of the heart. Belief from the heart means good works and following the commandments of Christ. In the end what matters is who enters the Kingdom of God, and always it is those who follow the commandments of Christ and do good works.

You rather take that passage as it is because it meshes well with your mouth worshiping doctrine.
When you rewrite scripture is it because you know the original language and you are translating properly, or you just think it should say what you think it should?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Jun 19

@divegeester said
KellyJay, I hold to an different interpretation of the scriptures than you. Disagreeing with you, is NOT finding fault with God”.

You are completely unable to explain the incongruence of a God of LOVE vs the God of eternal torture.

Telling me what you believe and asserting that what YOU believe is right, because YOU believe your interpretation is right...is NOT explaining the incongruence.
You think we are bound by what the Word says, or as we think and want it to mean? In other words if the text’ meaning is not according to the writers but the readers, does it have any meaning at all since it is now purely subjective? If two can read the same text can they make it whatever they want or should they strive to find the real truth behind the text not private interpretations?