The thing about LOVE

The thing about LOVE

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jun 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Just so I know, the doctrine of Christ is what according to how you read the scriptures?
The teachings and commandments of Christ. These are what one must do to get eternal life in the kingdom of God

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
The teachings and commandments of Christ. These are what one must do to get eternal life in the kingdom of God
I'm in agreement with you so far, specifically what is required?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jun 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I have explained it but it doesn’t fit your narrative.
No you haven’t explained “it”.
Nice use of the loose adjective “it” in order to obfuscate by the way old chap.

Here once again is what you need to explain...the incongruence in your interpretation of a God is LOVE vs a God who tortures people for eternity.

My contention is that they cannot be the same God.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
I'm in agreement with you so far, specifically what is required?
Christ's judgment day scenario in Matt 25 explains in vivid detail what is required.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Jun 19

@divegeester said
No you haven’t explained “it”.
Nice use of the loose adjective “it” in order to obfuscate by the way old chap.

Here once again is what you need to explain...the incongruence in your interpretation of a God is LOVE vs a God who tortures people for eternity.

My contention is that they cannot be the same God.
So you think the Bible lies when scripture says there is only one God?
That is an amazing sad profession if true, cannot reason with a Christian who rejects the truth of scripture.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Jun 19
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Christ's judgment day scenario in Matt 25 explains in vivid detail what is required.
Nothing else is required, nothing else?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jun 19
2 edits

@kellyjay said
So you think the Bible lies when scripture says there is only one God?
That is an amazing sad profession if true, cannot reason with a Christian who rejects the truth of scripture.
We are dealing with the incongruity at the heart of your particular version of Christian doctrine, the incongruity between a God is LOVE vs God tortures non Christians alive for eternity.

I am accepting what you believe is what you believe, there is no need to keep telling me because I accept that you believe it. Because I hold a different view from you is neither amazing, sad nor in fact even relevant. We are discussing an incongruence in what YOU believe.

You can either address this incongruence or continue to pretend that it doesn’t exist.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Jun 19

@divegeester said
We are dealing with the incongruity at the heart of your particular version of Christian doctrine, the incongruity between a God is LOVE vs God tortures non Christians alive for eternity.

I am accepting what you believe is what you believe, there is no need to keep telling me because I accept that you believe it. Because I hold a different view from you is neit ...[text shortened]... believe.

You can either address this incongruence or continue to pretend that it doesn’t exist.
For one as it has been pointed out to you before it isn't those who call themselves Christians and everyone else, it is all sinners! There is going to be a large number of people, more than likely the greater number of people within churches who claim to be Christians that are heading to hell for the same reason as everyone else. It is evil, wickedness, and so on that is going cause those who go to Hell, not who thinks Jesus is Lord without ever coming to Christ. There are many who sing His praise whose hearts are far from Him. You should at least get it straight who is going to Hell and why, instead of altering it to something that isn't true, there is no need.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jun 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Nothing else is required, nothing else?
Nothing else. If there was another criteria on which Jesus was going to judge then he would have said it. He mentioned nothing else. Not professions of faith. Not perfection. Not going to church. Not bible study. Not believing in his death and resurrection ... NOTHING. NOTHING MORE IS REQUIRED.

Jesus used over 375 words in that Matt 25 passage to explain in greater detail than was necessary to drive home the point that all he needs is for people to do good works and put into practice the greatest principle in the law, ie love thy neighbour principle. Not a solitary mention of loving God either becuase it is clear from the narrative here that love for fellow man = love for God. As Jesus said if you helped those in need it is like you helped me. That automatically shows love for God.

And this is not the first time Jesus did that. In the lengthy discourse the Sermon on the Mount [many thousands of words], Jesus describes who enters the Kingdom of God, and explains all about good works and righteousness, and not one solitary mention of faith or any of the stuff you proclaim is so critical.

Your failure lies in your misinterpretation of the purpose of faith. Faith is a vehicle to get the professed follower of Christ to actually follow Christ. Faith is like a marriage vow, it is a promise to God to live righteously. Failure to do that means that the faith is dead.

You are blinded by church doctrine so badly that you cannot see, neither understand the teachings of Christ.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
For one as it has been pointed out to you before it isn't those who call themselves Christians and everyone else, it is all sinners! There is going to be a large number of people, more than likely the greater number of people within churches who claim to be Christians that are heading to hell for the same reason as everyone else. It is evil, wickedness, and so on that is goi ...[text shortened]... who is going to Hell and why, instead of altering it to something that isn't true, there is no need.
The wicked will be destroyed, not tormented for eternity. That is the point.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Jun 19
1 edit

@divegeester said

I am accepting what you believe is what you believe, there is no need to keep telling me because I accept that you believe it. Because I hold a different view from you is neit ...[text shortened]... believe.

I don’t care what you accept about my beliefs that is not important not trying to be a smart a$$ here. I am not important but scripture is really important, when you reject Jesus’ words on any topic it should be for a reason. You think God cannot be love and do justice at the same time?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
I don’t care what you accept about my beliefs that is not important not trying to be a smart a$$ here.
Let it be noted that you have resorted to insulting words in an exchange which was quite amicable.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Jun 19

@divegeester said
Let it be noted that you have resorted to insulting words in an exchange which was quite amicable.
No, I am saying it is not my opinion that matters we can both be wrong about our views. I am pointing out to you that we can disagree with each other and go to scripture to get clarification; however, if you reject that than there are only opinions in place not a sure foundation.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
No, I am saying it is not my opinion that matters we can both be wrong about our views.
Yes! You have resorted to insults, calling me names, in what is a completely amicable exchange.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jun 19
3 edits

@kellyjay saidYou think God cannot be love and do justice at the same time?
Eternal torment is just punishment for 20 years of living a normal life ?

Like I keep saying the church has badly screwed up your ability to think clearly.