The thing about LOVE

The thing about LOVE

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Jun 19
1 edit

@philokalia said
Single passages should probably be read in the context of the whole Bible, correct?

In many other places, it is said that it is through faith in God that one enters the Kingdom of God...

[quote]Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Rom ...[text shortened]... es this notion that people who do not know God at all will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, is a heresy.
A man is justified by grace, and saved by grace through faith. But a man is welcomed into the Kingdom of God and given eternal life because of works. This is the reason why whenever judgement and eternal is spoken of the issue of works is paramount. Failure to do good works leads to damnation.

Saved is NOT THE SAME AS eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Proof of this is in the very same Ephesians which you quoted. Paul warns the very same Christians in Ephesus who are all saved born again Saints in Christ, that if they did not live righteously they will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Therefore a man can be saved and also be justified. But that same man must live righteously in order to get eternal life. Not all the saved will enter the Kingdom of God. Some will be cast out.

Heresy is not something which interests me. That is something church leaders use to scare the congregation.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Jun 19
2 edits

@rajk999 said
A man is justified by grace, and saved by grace through faith. But a man is welcomed into the Kingdom of God and given eternal life because of works. This is the reason why whenever judgement and eternal is spoken of the issue of works is paramount. Failure to do good works leads to damnation.

Saved is NOT THE SAME AS eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Proof of this is ...[text shortened]... is not something which interests me. That is something church leaders use to scare the congregation.
We are saved by grace through faith this is a gift of God, we will do works, we will do them in obedience to the Lord, but it is through the God of our salvation we are saved. Once that was done, it is done, it was finished on the cross of Christ, He is the God of our salvation and through His righteousness we are justified.

You have no need to be justified by God if you are earning it through your own efforts and works. If they are by works than you are claiming God owes you for the things you have done. There are no amounts of works that is going to obligate God to you so that He has to pay you eternal life because of works.

We are to do our good works in God, if you are not abiding in Christ you are outside of His grace and mercy. Its God, not us who saves, it is through Jesus we are saved to serve Him, He justifies not our own efforts.

John 3:21
But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
We are saved by grace through faith this is a gift of God, we will do works, we will do them in obedience to the Lord, but it is through the God of our salvation we are saved. Once that was done, it is done, it was finished on the cross of Christ, He is the God of our salvation and through His righteousness we are justified.

You have no need to be justified by God if you ...[text shortened]... rue comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
In a nutshell, you can be saved all you like and boast that you are saved all you like. In the end if you do not do good works and live righteously there is no inheritance in the kingdom of God.

Saved by grace Yes.
Eternal life because you are saved NO.
Eternal life comes if and when the good works is done
There are some saved that will be cast out.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Jun 19

@caesar-salad said
If scripture leads us to bickering and antagonism, rather than a grander, kinder, and more forgiving worldview and way of being, is it really holy?

Or, from the other side, if we find justification for bickering and antagonism in scripture, are we really making the best use of it?

Sometimes I think we get too lost in the words, even the words of scripture, when we ...[text shortened]... e scenes for the more universalist among us).

"Love's in Need of Love Today" -- Mr. Stevie Wonder
I would say if we are exposed to a loving way to behave through scripture, and we don’t, then it is our faults being revealed, not the scriptures.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Jun 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I would say if we are exposed to a loving way to behave through scripture, and we don’t, then it is our faults being revealed, not the scriptures.
WHAT ??? How is that relevant?
Are your screws getting loose again ?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
WHAT ??? How is that relevant?
Are your screws getting loose again ?
Was not responding to you here.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
In a nutshell, you can be saved all you like and boast that you are saved all you like. In the end if you do not do good works and live righteously there is no inheritance in the kingdom of God.

Saved by grace Yes.
Eternal life because you are saved NO.
Eternal life comes if and when the good works is done
There are some saved that will be cast out.
I don’t preach against good works, I acknowledge we will do them in obedience to Christ. It is the God of our salvation, the Son of God who cleans us of our sins restoring our relationship with God so that we can call God Father. This was done by God, for God! We are not righteous by human efforts by man for man, we are saved by God’s grace through faith not of works!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Jun 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I don’t preach against good works, I acknowledge we will do them in obedience to Christ. It is the God of our salvation, the Son of God who cleans us of our sins restoring our relationship with God so that we can call God Father. This was done by God, for God! We are not righteous by human efforts by man for man, we are saved by God’s grace through faith not of works!
I think your continued boasting about your faith is a lie. Jesus said that if you have the smallest amount of faith you can literally command a mountain to move and it will happen. Nothing will be impossible for you to do.

Im pretty sure you do not qualify as one of the faithful.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
I think your continued boasting about your faith is a lie. Jesus said that if you have the smallest amount of faith you can literally command a mountain to move and it will happen. Nothing will be impossible for you to do.

Im pretty sure you do not qualify as one of the faithful.
You are not the judge of who belongs to Christ and who doesn’t. You were not even able to explain that scripture I asked you about without changing it to suit your beliefs.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
You are not the judge of who belongs to Christ and who doesn’t. You were not even able to explain that scripture I asked you about without changing it to suit your beliefs.
Do you have faith?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
Do you have faith?
Yes, do you have the Holy Spirit in your life?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
Yes, do you have the Holy Spirit in your life?
Wrong. According to Christ if you have the smallest grain of faith nothing is impossible for you. So can you command a mountain to move and go into the sea and it will happen? This is the test of faith according to Jesus Christ. Or is it that you do not agree with Him.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
Wrong. According to Christ if you have the smallest grain of faith nothing is impossible for you. So can you command a mountain to move and go into the sea and it will happen? This is the test of faith according to Jesus Christ. Or is it that you do not agree with Him.
You really do need to read the whole Bible.
Moving mountains isn’t a test of faith to prove you have faith. Repentance, doing good works will reveal that truth, displaying the fruits of the Spirit, things of that nature.

I suppose you since you asked me a personal question, you will not refuse to answer mine to you?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Jun 19
2 edits

@kellyjay said
You really do need to read the whole Bible.
Moving mountains isn’t a test of faith to prove you have faith. Repentance, doing good works will reveal that truth, displaying the fruits of the Spirit, things of that nature.

I suppose you since you asked me a personal question, you will not refuse to answer mine to you?
Gotya .. so Jesus was wrong. And I did not ask a personal question. You have volunteered this information about yourself
- that you have faith
- that you have Christ Spirit
- that you have the Holy Spirit
- that you have eternal life.

I have never volunteered information about myself. I discuss the doctrine and teachings of Christ and the Apostles, at arms length so to speak, mostly leaving myself out of it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
Gotya .. so Jesus was wrong. And I did not ask a personal question. You have volunteered this information about yourself
- that you have faith
- that you have Christ Spirit
- that you have the Holy Spirit
- that you have eternal life.

I have never volunteered information about myself. I discuss the doctrine and teachings of Christ and the Apostles, at arms length so to speak, mostly leaving myself out of it.
You asked if I had faith.
I asked if you have the Holy Spirit in you.

Jesus is not wrong about anything.
This would include the passage of scripture you had to alter before speaking to it.

I don’t care what you offered you got personal about my life, in what I have.

Please answer my question to you.

You have claimed I don’t belong to Christ, that is personal.

You have claimed I don’t have the Holy Spirit, that is personal.

You have made very vulgar comments that was extremely insulting and personal.

So answer the question, man up!