To My Christion Friends

To My Christion Friends

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
The only meaningful thing I see in your contribution to this discussion of "justice" is that you are floundering. Once your slogans are ruffled, and your bizarre 'thought exercises' and analogies collapse under the weight of their own contrivance, you have nothing to offer but your wriggling and your pretentious evasions. Under questioning about the central conceit of your religion, you have nothing much more than 'my god says so' to offer.
Well clearly you think you know how to run the universe and God doesn't. No surprise there.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by 667joe
Are you glad Jesus was crucified,(if so, are you a sadist?), or do you think the crucifixion of Jesus should have been avoided? Couldn't Jesus forgive your sins without being crucified? In other words, was the crucifixion truly necessary?
Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin!

F

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
Well clearly you think you know how to run the universe and God doesn't. No surprise there.
Not much of a debating point, this one, is it?

Maryland

Moves
24 May 17

Let's say I am not a Christian. I violate person X in some way. I then become a Christian and believe in Jesus. I ask Jesus to forgive my violation of person X. Jesus gives me forgiveness, It seems to me this is immoral because I should ask person X for forgiveness and make amends. Accepting forgiveness from Jesus gets me off the hook, but does nothing to help person X. What If I murdered person X and could not ask for forgiveness from him, or make amends? Believing in Jesus gets me off scot free (at least in the after life). This is why Christianity is dangerous and immoral. It provides a way for people to avoid responsibility for their actions and takes the focus off the individual sinned against.

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Not much of a debating point, this one, is it?
Our disagreements are fundamentally based on one thing, I believe what the Bible says and you don't.

F

Moves
24 May 17

Our disagreements are fundamentally based on one thing, I believe what the Bible says and you don't.
And the fact there are these disagreements between us makes you behave and say things on this message board as if you were a teenager.

Moves
24 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
And the fact there are these disagreements between us makes you behave and say things on this message board as if you were a teenager.
Are you just jealous because you sound like a cranky old man? 😉

Maybe you should try being joung at heart.

c

Moves
24 May 17

Sounds like?
Have you seen his profile pic?
Lol. 🙂

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 May 17
1 edit

Let's say I am not a Christian. I violate person X in some way. I then become a Christian and believe in Jesus. I ask Jesus to forgive my violation of person X. Jesus gives me forgiveness, It seems to me this is immoral because I should ask person X for forgiveness and make amends. Accepting forgiveness from Jesus gets me off the hook, but does nothing to ...[text shortened]... o avoid responsibility for their actions and takes the focus off the individual sinned against.
Jesus died for everyone's sins yours and everyone else's. We are told to forgive everyone because we are forgiven all our sins. They condemned Jesus for forgiving people's sins when He was healing them now we are told to do the same, forgive those who sin against us. As He paid the price for every single sin there is not one He isn't personally involved in, which makes His grace so powerful and outstanding. Those who despise Jesus work will die in their sins.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
24 May 17

Let's say I am not a Christian. I violate person X in some way. I then become a Christian and believe in Jesus. I ask Jesus to forgive my violation of person X. Jesus gives me forgiveness, It seems to me this is immoral because I should ask person X for forgiveness and make amends. Accepting forgiveness from Jesus gets me off the hook, but does nothing to ...[text shortened]... o avoid responsibility for their actions and takes the focus off the individual sinned against.
Even more powerful is if they forgive you without you asking for forgiveness.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
24 May 17

Maybe you should try being joung at heart.
I think you mean 'envious'. Jealousy is something else.

Moves
24 May 17
1 edit

Restitution is a key biblical principle.

(Exodus 22:1, 3-6, 14; Leviticus 6:2-5; Luke 19; Romans 10:10)

Maryland

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by RBHILL
Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin!
What a malignant comment!

Moves
24 May 17

Are you glad Jesus was crucified,(if so, are you a sadist?), or do you think the crucifixion of Jesus should have been avoided? Couldn't Jesus forgive your sins without being crucified? In other words, was the crucifixion truly necessary?
When you say "friends" you mean 'people you deride and have no respect for', right?

Maryland

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by divegeester
When you say "friends" you mean 'people you deride and have no respect for', right?
I can have respect for people and not agree with some of their beliefs. Do you only respect people who think 100% as you do?