Uniqueness of Christ

Uniqueness of Christ

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
If you want to see someone I outsmarted, just look in the mirror, amigo. You were so badly outsmarted you lay down your sword and retired as Head Troll.

I admire your staying active in retirement, but you should really think about endorsing FMF. He needs a new narrative after his belly flops in this thread.
You'd make a very poor fiction writer.

Instead, with 'God as your witness' tell us again how this is your first account on this site.

Moves
26 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
To offer my penny's worth on the topic.
FMF's penny worth: "What if you're wrong?" Not really worth a dime.

F

Moves
26 Feb 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
FMF's penny worth: "What if you're wrong?" Not really worth a dime.
Well you're a Christian, and I am a non-believer, so it's no surprise that we see things differently.

w

Moves
26 Feb 18
4 edits

Originally posted by @fmf
Your personal liking and preference for Christianity is all well and good, but what of it? If both you and I are wrong, and it turns out that Islam - for example - is the "true" religion [and their version of the Jesus story is correct], then your liking for the Christian Christ is neither here nor there.
Mo was both a political .leader and military leader who converted with the sword after his conquests. That is one of his claims to fame, which looking at history people like this seem to be a dime a dozen.

Thus he does not match the description above.

Again, who is like Christ?

Even Muslims praise him.

T

Moves
26 Feb 18

You seem to ignore His statements that reveal He was God in the flesh.

Did God intend/want Jews to follow the Mosaic Law?
What does this have to do with what I posted?

You not only neither hear nor understand what He is saying, you repeatedly show that you neither hear nor understand what others post on this forum.

You seem to ignore His statements that reveal He was God in the flesh.

There are no such statements. Your interpretations of what He said are perversions. You do this because Christianity has the teachings of others as its foundation. You don't allow His words to speak for themselves.

T

Moves
26 Feb 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @dj2becker
[b]You neither hear nor understand what He is saying.

Let me guess, you are the only one that hears and understands, and everyone else is wrong in their interpretations?[/b]
Let me guess, you are the only one that hears and understands, and everyone else is wrong in their interpretations?

Of course not. Why are you forever jumping to illogical conclusions like this?

I'm saying Romans is wrong in his interpretations. As is everyone who has the teachings of those other than Jesus as their foundation and attempt to make the words spoken by Jesus fit that foundation. In doing so, they pervert what He actually says. They don't allow His words to speak for themselves.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Feb 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
What does this have to do with what I posted?

You not only neither hear nor understand what He is saying, you repeatedly show that you neither hear nor understand what others post on this forum.

[b]You seem to ignore His statements that reveal He was God in the flesh.

There are no such statements. Your interpretations of what He said are per ...[text shortened]... as the teachings of others as its foundation. You don't allow His words to speak for themselves.[/b]
You know Jesus Christ was put to death for claiming He was the Son of God, correct?

Before I post numerous verses where He said He came down from heaven and where He identified Himself as God - and where God the Father identified Jesus as His Son - give me your interpretation of this single passage.

“Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.“

(John 8:56-59)

This is not at all the most unambiguous passage where Jesus identifies as God, but note the Jews’ reaction. Why take up stones to kill Him? Because they correctly understood Jesus to be saying He was God (has existed from everlasting.)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Feb 18

[b]Let me guess, you are the only one that hears and understands, and everyone else is wrong in their interpretations?

Of course not. Why are you forever jumping to illogical conclusions like this?

I'm saying Romans is wrong in his interpretations. As is everyone who has the teachings of those other than Jesus as their foundation and attempt to ...[text shortened]... oing so, they pervert what He actually says. They don't allow His words to speak for themselves.[/b]
You deny Jesus Christ was/is God in the flesh yet can’t explain the numerous times He identified as God and said He came down from heaven, not to mention God the Father saying Jesus was His Son.

The earthly reason Jesus Christ was put to death was for saying He was the Son of God. Did 1st century Jews who saw and heard Jesus with their own eyes and ears understand Him less than you?

What of the miracles He performed? Do you discount them?

T

Moves
26 Feb 18

You know Jesus Christ was put to death for claiming He was the Son of God, correct?

Before I post numerous verses where He said He came down from heaven and where He identified Himself as God - and where God the Father identified Jesus as His Son - give me your interpretation of this single passage.

“Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and ...[text shortened]... Because they correctly understood Jesus to be saying He was God (has existed from everlasting.)
Jesus wants all His followers to become sons of God as He was a son of God.

Have you actually read through the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry? The Jews were forever misunderstanding Jesus. That they misunderstood Him here is consistent with that theme. That you believe that they are correct and are siding with them should tell you something.

Actually acknowledge or cogently refute each point that I've made here. Then and only then will I continue. If you don't, I'll know as well as you do that you can't refute them.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Feb 18

Have you actually read through the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry? The Jews were forever misunderstanding Jesus. That they misunderstood Him here is consistent with that theme. That you believe that they are correct and are siding with them should tell you someth ...[text shortened]... only then will I continue. If you don't, I'll know as well as you do that you can't refute them.
I’ve asked you numerous questions that you refuse to answer.

The latest few were to give your interpretation of that passage from John chapter 8, whether you discount all the miracles Jesus performed, whether you discount all the times He said He came down from heaven and identified Himself as God, what you make of God the Father identifying Jesus as His Son and so on.

I have answered many of your questions and am frankly not aware of one I haven’t. On the other hand, you have ignored literally dozens of my questions because they expose as unBiblical and false your belief that Jesus was only a man.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Feb 18

Have you actually read through the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry? The Jews were forever misunderstanding Jesus. That they misunderstood Him here is consistent with that theme. That you believe that they are correct and are siding with them should tell you someth ...[text shortened]... only then will I continue. If you don't, I'll know as well as you do that you can't refute them.
<Actually acknowledge or cogently refute each point that I've made here. Then and only then will I continue. If you don't, I'll know as well as you do that you can't refute them.>

This is classic projection.

Not only have you ignored literally dozens of my questions, you also have refused to answer dive’s question, asked numerous times, of what the “Good News” represents.

T

Moves
26 Feb 18
1 edit

<Actually acknowledge or cogently refute each point that I've made here. Then and only then will I continue. If you don't, I'll know as well as you do that you can't refute them.>

This is classic projection.

Not only have you ignored literally dozens of my questions, you also have refused to answer dive’s question, asked numerous times, of what the “Good News” represents.
Here is the typical Romans dodge per usual.

We both know that you can't cogently refute what I posted and instead of acknowledging this fact you pull one of your usual antics.

Why don't you interact like a normal human being in this forum like you showed you can in the culture forum?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Feb 18

We both know that you can't cogently refute what I posted and instead of acknowledging this fact you pull one of your usual antics.

Why don't you interact like a normal human being in this forum like you showed you can in the culture forum?
I’ve responded to numerous posts from you, and you haven’t afforded me (or others) the same courtesy.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Feb 18

Because I don’t agree with you, I’m not normal?

Why don’t you answer questions from me, dive and Becker? Why do you accuse others of not answering questions when you in fact are the one who does that? Is it projection or are you employing Saul Alinsky’s advice to accuse others of that which you yourself are guilty of?

T

Moves
26 Feb 18
1 edit

I’ve responded to numerous posts from you, and you haven’t afforded me (or others) the same courtesy.
The problem is that you rarely, if ever, actually address the points anyone makes.

Instead you recite what you believe or ask a wall of questions that reflect what you believe.

Here I've directly addressed your point about "Son of God". True or Not True.

Do me the same courtesy.

If you do that, I'll address the other points you made as I said.