1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 14:19
    Originally posted by galveston75
    But was any person that was good in God's eyes ever in Hell?
    The lake of fire, the final place of punishment for all the unsaved, should be regarded as a universal trash can.

Nothing is good there. Everything that goes there has been regarded by God as trash worthy only to be discarded.

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved from that terrible universal trash can into which all that is no good and evil goes.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 15:20
    So it would not be a place a good God fearing person would want to go?
    The book of Job at 14:13 mentions Job wanted to go there to hide. "Duay Bible."
    Jesus was in Hell as is mentioned at Acts 2: 24-27. "King James Bible."
    Maybe Hell isn't what you think...
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 15:52
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    From my point of view, (on a non technical side), eternal damnation and eternal suffering to me means the same thing. My reason is that hell is a place of suffering, if you're there, you are sure damned, wouldn't you agree?
    Basically, NO.
    Eternal damnation and eternal suffering are two different things.

The first is death thats eternal and never to be reversed.
    The second is eternal suffering which does not include death... suffering. You know what suffering is?
    Maybe not.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 15:53
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    , ...The bigger picture is that God said that souls live forever.
    Please point me to the passage in the Bible that makes such a statement and I will withdraw my argument. Bear in mind that Christ clearly said that souls die.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 15:55
    Originally posted by jaywill
    How does that make that there is not eternal perdition? That is what you were objecting to. Right?

[b]"The soul that sinneth it shall die"
    does not change that.
    Nor does Romans 2:13 change that.

Are you trying to change the subject ?[/b]
    😀 NO.

Im just continuing my crusade to point out that belief must include works hence 'doers of the law ' are justified.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 16:011 edit
    So it would not be a place a good God fearing person would want to go?
    The book of Job at 14:13 mentions Job wanted to go there to hide. "Duay Bible."
    Jesus was in Hell as is mentioned at Acts 2: 24-27. "King James Bible."
    Maybe Hell isn't what you think...
    Maybe you are right.
    Jonah was in also hell which was the belly of a big fish.

The term Hell and grave are often used interchangeably in the Bible.

Anyway despite ones interpretation of death and hell and resurruction and the afterlife, belief in this regard has no bearing on ones salvation. Many believe that you must have the absolutely correct interpretation of the Bible to be even considered by Christ for salvation, but they are wrong. Christ was crystal clear on what He considered important. All these discussions are simply academic and what will happen to the those good and those that are evil, those that are lukewarm, will happen regardless of what we think.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 16:073 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    😀 NO.

Im just continuing my crusade to point out that belief must include works hence 'doers of the law ' are justified.
    =================================
    =======================================

IF .... there were any, that would be true that they WOULD be justified.

But ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. And by works of law shall none of these be justified.

So I think, sir, the campaign that you SHOULD be on is about the salvation through the grace of Christ. The person whom you are quoting, Paul, was preaching justification by faith.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 16:21
    [b]=================================
    =======================================

IF .... there were any, that would be true that they WOULD be justified.

But ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. And by works ...[text shortened]... grace of Christ. The person whom you are quoting, Paul, was preaching justification by faith.[/b]
    Thanks, but I will stick to what Christ said.
    Salvation through belief in Him and good works.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 16:274 edits
    Basically, NO.

The second is eternal suffering which does not include death... suffering. You know what suffering is?
    Maybe not.
    =============================

=================================

The first death is reversed in all who are raised by Christ to face judgment:

"Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming in which all on the tombs will hear His voice and will come forth: those who have done good, to the resurrection of life; and those who have practiced evil to the resurrection of judgment." (John 5:29)

How can you then say that the first death is not reversed ?

All who are in the tombs, being quite dead, will be raised by Christ, thus REVERSING the first physical death.

Secondly, one is a resurrection to life and the other is a resurrection to existence, and a very bad one at that.

"He who believes into the Son has eternal life; but he who disobeys the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." (JOhn 3:36)

The previous verse says that all will be raised. The latter passages shows that some are raised to life and others are raised to an existence in which the wrath of God abides on them. They will not see life. They will exist to be an abiding place for the wrath of God.

If they are annhilated the wrath of God cannot be said to be abiding on them. How can the wrath of God rest upon them if they do not exist ?

In the case of the word destroy in this regard it does not take on the meaning of non-existence. It is not the loss of being but the loss of wellbeing.

He is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna means He is able to damage the wellbeing of soul and body in Gehenna. It is not that in Gehenna He is able to cause body and soul to become non-existent.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 16:362 edits
    ===================
    =============================

Then why did you quote the Apostle Paul in Romans 2 ?
    Jesus also taught justification by faith. Where do you think Paul received the teaching from ?

And the word "salvation" has different aspects to it.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 16:40
    ==================
    =========================

What did Jesus say the work of God was in John 6:29 ?
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 16:421 edit
    Rajk999,

John 6:29 - "Jesus answered and said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe into Him whom He has sent."
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 16:58
    Maybe you are right.
    Jonah was in also hell which was the belly of a big fish.

The term Hell and grave are often used interchangeably in the Bible.

Anyway despite ones interpretation of death and hell and resurruction and the afterlife, belief in this regard has no bearing on ones salvation. Many believe that you must have the absolutely correct inter ...[text shortened]... good and those that are evil, those that are lukewarm, will happen regardless of what we think.
    So is Hell and the Lake of Fire the same thing?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 17:51
    So is Hell and the Lake of Fire the same thing?
    The Bible is not abundantly clear on what or where hell or hell fire is. Hell is often used interchangeably with grave. Hell could be Gehenna, which was a place where the Jews burned garbage and the dead bodies of criminals. Lake of fire is not clearly explained either. Anyone who claims to know for certain what these terms mean is either lying or seriously brainwashed.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 17:571 edit
    Rajk999,

John 6:29 - [b] "Jesus answered and said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe into Him whom He has sent."
    [/b]
    Pick one Jaywill, a wise man or a foolish man?
    The wise man does the good works.
    The foolish man does no good works

Matt 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
    24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
    25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
    26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
    27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree