1. Joined
    03 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Jun '09 17:36
    I thought a question of this type would end up in the spirituality corner but its like we choose where we want to post it. So what do you think and/or know about Hell - fire - Hades - the bible - koran, etc.
    Lets know.
    Thanks.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Jun '09 17:561 edit
    Originally posted by magmacollins
    I thought a question of this type would end up in the spirituality corner but its like we choose where we want to post it. So what do you think and/or know about Hell - fire - Hades - the bible - koran, etc.
    Lets know.
    Thanks.
    When I think of the matter, I am always touched by this stanza from the Hymn Beneath the Cross of Jesus:

"There lies beneath its shadow,
    But on the other side,
    The darkness of an awful grave
    That gapes both deep and wide;
    And there between us stands the cross,
    Two arms outstretched to save,
    Like a watchman set to guard the way
    From that eternal grave. "
  3. Joined
    03 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Jun '09 18:39
    That's something.
    But not everyone will agree with you as some will still want to doubt (willingly), some scoff.
    Hell is real, anyway.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '09 20:33
    Originally posted by magmacollins
    Lets know.
    Thanks.
    It's a good invention to keep people in check...
    Like the Sibirian camps in the times of Stalin. "If you don't behave, then you can go to Sibiria!"
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Jun '09 23:53
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Like the Sibirian camps in the times of Stalin. "If you don't behave, then you can go to Sibiria!"
    I don't believe in eternal damnation-for so many reasons,many of which have been pointed out on various other posts
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Jun '09 01:10
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I don't believe in eternal damnation-for so many reasons,many of which have been pointed out on various other posts
    Believing in eternal damnation is not a requirement to be saved.

You don't have to believe in it. The Gospel commands us to believe in Christ the Lord, the Son of God.

You can be saved from eternal perdition without believing in it.
  7. e4
    Moves
    07 Jun '09 01:331 edit
    How about If I don't believe in Heaven and Hell.

Can I not argue outside the gates of Heaven that it's wrong not to be
    let in because I did not believe it existed?

Can I not state that because God has created a world full of hatred,
    misery and persecution it sowed the seeds of my doubt.

I hope when I die I can get my hands on a lawyer to argue my case,

Though I fear all the lawyers will be in Hell.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Jun '09 03:17
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Believing in eternal damnation is not a requirement to be saved.

You don't have to believe in it. The Gospel commands us to believe in Christ the Lord, the Son of God.

You can be saved from eternal perdition without believing in it.
    Yeah.. i know mr.jaywill
    I just wanted to get a response
    And while we're at it can you tell me again what i'm getting saved from?
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Jun '09 21:20
    Yeah.. i know mr.jaywill
    First of all we need to be saved from not being forgiven by God.
  10. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 07:28
    Can you post some of those reasons here please? Saves us hours trying to find maybe one post.

I actually believe in damnation. I believe God/Jesus/Holy Spirit is real. I see TRUE Christianity as a way of living. Why not? It's not selfish, it's not careless, it's not full of hate and sin etc. This is my logical point of view.

Also, if you look at Christianity more than 15 years ago, it was very very strict on a lot of matters in our lives. People had to die when certain sins were committed, and you had to wear certain clothes to church and you had to pray a certain way and you needed to be seen as someone who doesn't struggle and I can go on and on about stuff, but the point that I am trying to make is that this wasn't God's way, it was the people's way.

Now in some churches today you still get this dominating way. Laughing at them LOL my reason: Live Life the way God really intends you to.

Hell was never build for us humans. We are not build to handle hell and nor are we even clever enough to actually even think the unthinkable pain that it can cause.

I always say this and will again:
    I would rather live my life in God's way and die to find out I am in heaven with Him than to live a life the other way and die to find out that the hell exists too.

Sorry, I might have gone off the subject here.
  11. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 07:29
    Yeah.. i know mr.jaywill
    uhm.......eternal damnation?
  12. Joined
    03 Jun '09
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 09:03
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Very Funny LOL
  13. Joined
    03 Jun '09
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 09:21
    Originally posted by greenpawn34

People, some persons have actually seen Hell. Although it is normal most people would not want to believe that as anything beyond the human comprehension, by that I mean scientifically, they mostly would not believe.
    But if you read the bible, you would understand that God gave His Son to die in the place of man. He was wrongly accused of sin and took man's place and that setttled the sin, satan, evil, dominion issue.
    Before sin came, that is before we became consious of sin, we were perfect - no sickness, no hunger, etc. Man had POWER. You could do all these things you have to learn from the occult now. But satan deceived our women, making them want POWER, which they had although they were supposed to be subject to their husbands, even as equals; they wanted power and doubted God and Man! The order was reversed and the woman was found to rebel against God - her Maker.
    Now, Adam had to eat so that the woman would not be...I shall continue later. Pls, am sorry.
  14. Illinois
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 09:30
    Originally posted by greenpawn34

The only lawyer you will see on Judgment Day is Satan himself, unfortunately, and he will be making the case against you.

(Ironically, Satan is also the one currently blinding your eyes to the light that God has sent into the world to attest to the truth of the Gospel, i.e., the Spirit of Truth.)

The Bible says that Satan is both tempter and accuser. That means he's the kind of evil that would puff up your ego, seduce you into behaving badly, then recount all of your offenses in detail to the authorities -- all for the purpose of destroying you.

What Satan doesn't want you to realize is that (1) God exists, (2) your life is a moral problem that needs to be addressed, (3) Jesus Christ addressed that problem fully by dying on the cross as a propitiatory sacrifice for all sin, and (4) by believing in and coming under the headship of Jesus Christ that your sin-debt will be paid for once and for all.

As long as Satan keeps you secure in the mistaken belief that you'll be able to argue your way into heaven on the Day of Judgment, he'll be happy.

Satan will be accusing everybody on the Day of Judgment, but only those who responded to the Gospel will be able to enter the gates of heaven. Not on their own merits, mind you, but on the merits of Jesus Christ.

Claiming a lack of faith won't be enough.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 09:51
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    uhm.......eternal damnation?
    Eternal damnation? Lol!
    How much worse can thiis get?
    And if it lasts for eternity wont it get easier?
    It just don't make any sense to me ,eternal damnation and all . Maybe purgatory but that is not eternal...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree