What's wrong with Christmas?

What's wrong with Christmas?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g

Moves
27 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by sjeg
I take it Target is an American commercial chain? People could at least try and remember that not everyone posting here lives in the U.S.. Try and be a bit more international in your references! Otherwise you limit the number of people who have a clue about what you're on about.
The incident that no1 referred to, actually occurred at my place of work, just two days before Christmas, when a lady was wished a "Happy Holiday" by an employee ( as we were instructed to
do so by our employer) the lady started....screaming and shouting, how offended she was that we couldnt say Merry Christmas..... and that she would not be coming back here again! She lives in a Christian country, where Merry Christmas should be said to one another!! with that she left the store....

the next customer yelled after her "MERRY FKKING CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO!"

seems there is no end to offending anymore.....my next customer....we all agreed to say...."have a nice day!"

btw i dont work at Target, and I dont live in the United States!

gil

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
28 Dec 05

Originally posted by gentlegil
seems there is no end to offending anymore.....
South Africa must have been co-opted by Satanic economic forces a long time ago--I've seen "Seasons Greetings" cards for as long as I can remember, nor have I heard of anyone being offended.

l

London

Moves
28 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by telerion
It seems a lot of people here are easily offended. The xians foremost among them.
Really? Scanning down page 1 of the "Spirituality" forum it seems that a lot of so-called rationalists have nothing better to do with their spare time than deliberately go out of their way to find means of offending Christians.

It seems that the very existence of Christianity offends these people. And if you're going to talk about people who are easily offended, these people should be top of your list.

l

London

Moves
28 Dec 05
1 edit

When you're country matters in the world, then we'll note it. Until then, just be thankful we tolerate your independence.
Well said! At least someone here is brave enough to remind the rest of us how fortunate we are to have the USA "tolerate" our independence.

s

Et in Arcadia ego...

Moves
28 Dec 05

Of course, I would be naive to look to Ivanhoe as an example of Christian.
You might want to learn something about Christianity before you can decide who qualifies as what.

I grow weary of your idiocies.

Yes, I am a champion of P.C.. Were you dropped on your head as a child? Look it up- you're confused.

So we have established that you know nothing of my religious beliefs. We have also established you know nothing of my country. Can one assume that you know something about anything?

s

Et in Arcadia ego...

Moves
28 Dec 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
You've been answered and refuted. Your Crusade against non-existent bans is the clearest example of ludicrousness.
Wule, you are hysterical, as usual.

s

Et in Arcadia ego...

Moves
28 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
Sorry if I offended you. 😛
It's just a point that needs making every now and again! Don't mention it!

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
28 Dec 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Well said! At least someone here is brave enough to remind the rest of us how fortunate we are to have the USA "tolerate" our independence.
Obviously, I was pointing out the blatant hypocrisy in sjeg's post. Lighten up Lucifer.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
28 Dec 05

You might want to learn something about Christianity before you can decide who qualifies as what.

I grow weary of your idiocies.

Yes, I am a champion of P.C.. Were you dropped on your head as a child? Look it up- you're confused.

So we have established that you know nothing of my religious beliefs. We have also established you know nothing of my country. Can one assume that you know something about anything?
I just find it laughable how you start this thread in an attempt to animate some dead "Happy Holidays" conspiracy and place responsibility squarely on the great PC conspiracy, but then plead with people to be more "international" in their posts, that is they should be more conscientious and sensitive to you as a non-US citizen.

It's unfortunate that you have purposefully chosen not to engage my more reasoned posts on this thread with well-thought replies. Instead, when some one attempts to engage you with counterpoint, you either ignore it (as you did with my posts on page 2) or you fire back with redundancy and ad hominem (as you did on page 4). I made my main point on page 2, and as yet, you haven't found any response to demonstrate that Political Correctness is the reason that "Season's Greetings" and "Happy Holidays" have become popular business greetings, and you've been informed as to why "Xmas" is occasionally used in place of "Christmas." Really, until you bring something to advance this discussion, there's nothing left but to have a few laughs at your expense. You see, at least when you're fishing you sometimes catch a Big Mouth Bass, like say . . . Ivanhoe.

s

Et in Arcadia ego...

Moves
28 Dec 05
1 edit

I just find it laughable how you start this thread in an attempt to animate some dead "Happy Holidays" conspiracy and place responsibility squarely on the great PC conspiracy, but then plead with people to be more "international" in their posts, that is they should be more conscientious and sensitive to you as a non-US citizen.

It's unfortunate that yo n you're fishing you sometimes catch a Big Mouth Bass, like say . . . Ivanhoe.
What reasoned posts? You are forever trying to be funny, or vitriolic, or pathetically attempting to cause offence, and failing miserably. You have made no contribution to any discussion here, but pretend to have great points that everyone missed, and you ignore anything that is said to you, or purposefully (or through your own obtuse nature) misinterpret it.

Arguing with fools, one risks being mistaken for one, so do excuse me from entertaining any further discourse with your good self.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Dec 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Really? Scanning down page 1 of the "Spirituality" forum it seems that a lot of so-called rationalists have nothing better to do with their spare time than deliberately go out of their way to find means of offending Christians.

It seems that the very existence of Christianity offends these people. And if you're going to talk about people who are easily offended, these people should be top of your list.
:'(:'(:'(

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 Dec 05

I mean, did you Yanks lose another war recently?

My point is thus:

It is plainly ridiculous to write "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons' Greetings" on cards, so as not to mention Christmas. It is even more ludicrous to wish somebody a Happy X-mas, so as not to offend anyone.

This is an invention of the U.S. Politically Correct Brigade, and used to happen on ...[text shortened]... e, or buy a rubber sheet, at the very least.

And to all of you, a Merry Christmas.
X for Christ is an invention of Christians, dimwit.

It is plainly ridiculous to write "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons' Greetings" on cards, so as not to mention Christmas.

No it's not. I'm not Xian. Why should I talk about a Xian holiday?

Stop pushing your ridiculous religion on the rest of us.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
29 Dec 05

What reasoned posts? You are forever trying to be funny, or vitriolic, or pathetically attempting to cause offence, and failing miserably. You have made no contribution to any discussion here, but pretend to have great points that everyone missed, and you ignore anything that is said to you, or purposefully (or through your own obtuse nature) misinterpret it.
...[text shortened]... g mistaken for one, so do excuse me from entertaining any further discourse with your good self.
Maybe if you read them you would know. For instance if you read the post you quoted, you'll find that I gave you the pages in which my "reasoned posts" appear. I especially pointed you to page 2.

Anyway, forget it. I can see you are not interested in discussing the issue. You just want a fight. I have no time for such games. Unless you post a geniunely constructive response to my post on page 2, I will not discuss this with you further.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
29 Dec 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
X for Christ is an invention of Christians, dimwit.

[b]It is plainly ridiculous to write "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons' Greetings" on cards, so as not to mention Christmas.

No it's not. I'm not Xian. Why should I talk about a Xian holiday?

Stop pushing your ridiculous religion on the rest of us.[/b]
Be careful ATY! You don't know the first thing about his religious beliefs! lol

Until he comes up with something interesting, I think this topic has been beaten to death.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
29 Dec 05

this topic has been beaten to death.
And that's what's wrong with Christmas.