1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 01:57
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    chinking58, KellyJay, and Nemesio are the only Christians on this site who have impressed me in the slightest.
    Careful. Despite the fact that he knows a lot more about the religion than most of the "True Christians" around here, Nemesio might not be comfortable being characterized as a Christian.
  2. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 01:58
    Originally posted by telerion
    Careful. Despite the fact that he knows a lot more about the religion than most of the "True Christians" around here, Nemesio might not be comfortable being characterized as a Christian.
    Nemesio knows the history. But so do historians. That doesn't mean they know the first thing about Christianity.
  3. Graceland.
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 02:00

What you forget is that salvation is not dependent on the extent of one's knowledge of the scriptures. Even the most uneducated Christian can understand God better that one who has read the Bible a hundred times.

4. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 02:00
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Nemesio knows the history. But so do historians. That doesn't mean they know the first thing about Christianity.
    So much for being really busy. I guess you meant you were too busy polluting these forums to share how the power of Jesus Christ changed your life? You smell like rotten fruit.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 02:01
    Originally posted by pcaspian
    Curious, which person that you've met or know of has impressed you the most with their faith in the Christian God ?
    My Mother. She has an incredible amount of blind faith that I will never know. Her Christianity became as a result of circumstance, however it has been her faithful crutch ever since seeing her through some incredibly dark times.

Besides her, all other Christians are scum 😉
  6. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 02:02
    So much for being really busy. I guess you meant you were too busy polluting these forums to share how the power of Jesus Christ changed your life? You smell like rotten fruit.
    It's in earlier threads. I'll tell you what, I'll PM you a retelling later tonight if it is really bothering you.
  7. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 02:03
    Originally posted by darvlay
    My Mother. She has an incredible amount of blind faith that I will never know. Her Christianity became as a result of circumstance, however it has been her faithful crutch ever since seeing her through some incredibly dark times.

That's wonderful, darv. I'm so happy your mom found Jesus. I'm happy for you. 🙂
  8. Graceland.
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 02:04

Your mom seems like a nice lady Darv. I recall reading a Chris Eubank (boxer) autobiography and his mother was also a great Christian. Perhaps had I played her in chess she wouldn't have timed me out in both our games 😉
  9. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 02:08
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

Have you asked him what he thought of your famous foulmouthed Haiku's for instance ?
    Just so you know, Ivanhoe, I've sworn off offensive haikus. I work strictly in Limericks now:

Poor Terri she took a bad tumble
    A heart attack caused her to stumble
    We said “let’s kill her ‘bod”,
    So the Pope prayed to God,
    But all we could hear was him mumble.

Cheers!
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 02:09
    [b]My Mother. She has an incredible amount of blind faith that I will never know. Her Christianity became as a result of circumstance, however it has been her faithful crutch ever since seeing her through some incredibly dark times.

Your mom seems like a nice lady ...[text shortened]... hristian. Perhaps had I played her in chess she wouldn't have timed me out in both our games 😉[/b]
    Heh. Thanks. By the way, if you ever want a chance at retribution, let me know. Just be warned, sluggish behaviour will not be tolerated.
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 02:101 edit
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Just so you know, Ivanhoe, I've sworn off offensive haikus. I work strictly in Limericks now:

Poor Terri she took a bad tumble
    A heart attack caused her to stumble
    We said “let’s kill her ‘bod”,
    So the Pope prayed to God,
    But all we could hear was him mumble.

Cheers!
    😲

Don't let Phlabibit see this, he may decide to go on another tirade.
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 02:17
    I have several friends that support me unconditionally who very much enjoy my company. I could described their character in more detail, but they really are geuine people who live out their faith in example and are not too focused on doctrine.
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 02:24
    [b]Careful. Despite the fact that he knows a lot more about the religion than most of the "True Christians" around here, Nemesio might not be comfortable being characterized as a Christian.

What you forget is that salvation is not dependent on the extent of one's knowledge of the scriptures. Even the most un ...[text shortened]... ucated Christian can understand God better that one who has read the Bible a hundred times.

[/b]
    I'm not saying that anyone is saved. I also not saying that Nemesio understands God better. I'm saying that he understands the Christian religion better.

The most uneducated xtian should do us all a favor a learn a little bit about where their religion has come from. Otherwise this person is on par with the most uneducated Mormon, Scientologist, Hindu, or New Age Astrologer.
  14. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 02:39
    I'm not saying that anyone is saved. I also not saying that Nemesio understands God better. I'm saying that he understands the Christian religion better.

The most uneducated xtian should do us all a favor a learn a little bit about where their religion has come from. Otherwise this person is on par with the most uneducated Mormon, Scientologist, Hindu, or New Age Astrologer.
    You forgot about the most uneducated atheists, tel.

For instance, the ones who believe Darwinism isn't a joke. Or the ones who believe something came from nothing. Or the ones who think the brightest minds in the world have half an answer as to Origin of Life.
  15. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 02:48
    ... and he does a better job of defending true Christianity than the self-proclaimed apologists here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree