1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 02:53
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    ... and he does a better job of defending true Christianity than the self-proclaimed apologists here.
    I'm not interested in making you feel warm and cuddly inside. I'm interested in being the Lord's witness to you and to get you to quit acting in rebellion to Him.

Believe me, if you were with me in real life, I'd let you walk all over me. However, the internet affords me a little backbone. 🙂
  2. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 02:57
    Five or ten years ago Trinity Broadcasting TV sometimes hosted a preacher who was known for carrying a cross for long distances. It was a big wooden cross with a little wheel or two at the base. He would sling the crossbar over his shoulder and pull this cross on the shoulders of roads both in the United States and in other countries. I think the point of the exercise was to make drivers passing by think about the message of Christianity. From what little I saw of him on television, I thought he was a decent, down-to-earth chap. Unfortunately I can't remember his name.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 02:57
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Believe me, if you were with me in real life, I'd let you walk all over me. However, the internet affords me a little backbone. 🙂
    Really? I'm surprised by that. I would've bet otherwise.
  4. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 02:59
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Really? I'm surprised by that. I would've bet otherwise.
    I just get passionate when I talk about the Lord. If we're just hanging out as buds, I tend to be passive and laid back.
  5. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 03:07
    Ok folks. Let's not turn this thread into a 'pat Nemesio's jimmy' thread.

Having knowledge of Christianity doesn't make one an impressive Christian
    in and of itself. All you know is that I have studied the primary and secondary
    texts of Christianity, but not how I live my life.

I am a firm believer in the notion that one must strive to live a life to the
    highest degree of what one has discerned what is True and Right. With respect
    to the beauty of what I believe to be the essential Christian message, I'd like
    to claim that I do my best, but the truth is that I fall very short. While the
    'Forgiving Father' or the 'Publican' are my idols, I am most certainly the
    'Unforgiving Son' or the 'Pharisee.' (St Luke 18:9-14 and St Luke 15:11-32
    respectively). Or Jonah (the whole book). Any Christian, non-Christian,
    atheist or antitheist would be moved by the message of those two parables.

For my part, I would venture that Kirk is the person who lives the most
    impressive Christian life. Many of his compassionate posts have been an
    inspiration to me.

Ironically, based on his discussions, Bennett would, too, be an impressive
    Christian himself, if one accepts the Christiano-centric notion of the
    'Anonymous Christian' of the Roman Catholic theologian 'Karl Rahner.'

Nemesio
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 03:13
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Ok folks. Let's not turn this thread into a 'pat Nemesio's jimmy' thread.

Having knowledge of Christianity doesn't make one an impressive Christian
    in and of itself. All you know is that I have studied the primary and secondary
    texts of Christianity, but not how I live my life.

I am a firm believer in the notion that one must strive to live a ...[text shortened]... on of the
    'Anonymous Christian' of the Roman Catholic theologian 'Karl Rahner.'

Nemesio
    and all the people said, Amen!
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 03:172 edits
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Cheers!

I would appreciate it if you would discuss your foulmouthed, provoking, insulting, uncivilised, vulgar Haiku's with Huntingbear.

Let us know what he thought of them ......
  8. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 03:34
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

I would appreciate it if you would discuss your foulmouthed, provoking, insulting, uncivilised, vulgar Haiku's with Huntingbear.

Let us know what he thought of them ......
    I don't know to which haikus you are referring. My haikus were deftly satirical and urbane, neither foulmouthed nor vulgar. If you were offended by them, good. That is the point of satire.
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 03:34
    I didn't know I was a foreman of secular bigotry, I thought I was a mere pack member! Hooray, does this mean I get to bust unions?

Anyway, I found Norma McCorvey's poetry deeply offensive, and one bad poem deserves another. If you were offended, good. The point of satire is often to offend. If you want to know Huntingbear's reaction to those poems, a ...[text shortened]... t it, ask him how he feels about calling people 'nazis', and about hypocrisy in general.

I called one (1) person a "Red Nazi" and one (1) "brown trash", referring to the SA, who wore brown shirts, and who were insignificant streetfighters, that roamed the streets of Nazi-Germany in the thirties.

BBarr: "Anyway, I found Norma McCorvey's poetry deeply offensive, and one bad poem deserves another. If you were offended, good. "

Suppose we all had this attitude, BBarr ? Is this a "moral" attitude ?
    It would be nice if you discussed such issues with Huntingbear instead of that safe academic gobbledeegook.
  10. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 03:391 edit

I called one (1) person a "Red Nazi" and one (1) "brown trash", referring to the SA, who wore brown shirts, and who were insignificant streetfighters, that roamed the streets of Nazi-Germany in the thirties.

BBarr: "Anyway, I fou ...[text shortened]... ues with Huntingbear instead of that safe academic gobbledeegook.
    I'll discuss this with whomever is interested, Huntingbear included. I will use satire to critique and mock views I take to be morally repugnant. If my targets are offended, then that is indication that I am doing something right. If you were offended, good. I found your Norma McCorvey related posts offensive, as I did her "poetry". If you can't deal with this without flipping your lid, then tough.
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 03:40

BBarr: "Anyway, I found Norma McCorvey's poetry deeply offensive, and one bad poem deserves another. If you were offended, good. "

Suppo ...[text shortened]... nice if you discussed such issues with Huntingbear instead of that safe academic gobbledeegook.
    Ivanahoe, the title of this thread is "the most impressive Christian you have met." I'm getting the impression that the positive nature of the thread is something you do not want to engage in. If that is so, that is your choice, but consider building a bridge with your nemisis.
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 03:41
    Just so you know, Ivanhoe, I've sworn off offensive haikus. I work strictly in Limericks now:

Poor Terri she took a bad tumble
    A heart attack caused her to stumble
    We said “let’s kill her ‘bod”,
    So the Pope prayed to God,
    But all we could hear was him mumble.

Cheers!
    This is a very good limmerick.

Myself, I'm a traditionalist, and in that vein I offer this haiku:

Say "I want to live."
    I know you can, even though
    Your heart beats no more.
  13. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 03:42
    I don't know to which haikus you are referring. My haikus were deftly satirical and urbane, neither foulmouthed nor vulgar. If you were offended by them, good. That is the point of satire.

There was a time you wanted to conceal your motives. You are not doing this anymore. I bet you look upon this as an ethical improvement. Please, talk to Huntingbear about this and ask for his opinion.
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 03:43
    I'll discuss this with whomever is interested, Huntingbear included. I will use satire to critique and mock views I take to be morally repugnant. If my targets are offended, then that is indication that I am doing something right. If you were offended, good. I found your Norma McCorvey related posts offensive, as I did her "poetry". If you can't deal with this without flipping your lid, then tough.

Your mentality is the mentality of the Brown Shirts, die Braunhemde, the streetfighters of the SA.
  15. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 03:50

Your mentality is the mentality of the Brown Shirts, die Braunhemde, the streetfighters of the SA.
    Apparently it is time for your medicine, little prince.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree