Why Do You Think Jesus Wept ?

Why Do You Think Jesus Wept ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
14 Jan 12
3 edits

Please refraim from troll enties, comedian jokes, lampoon replies, wisecracks of the attention starved juvenile minded.

Any thoughtful answer I consider contributory. JS537 seems to be an Atheist. And I would like to hear his/her opinion on why Jesus wept.

JS357:

I lack that belief. But I lack belief in the father-god, the son-god, the spirit-god, and god, period.

What he intended to convey was obviously, not conveyed as well as other verses like "Jesus wept."

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by jaywill
Please refraim from troll enties, comedian jokes, lampoon replies, wisecracks of the attention starved juvenile minded.

Any thoughtful answer I consider contributory. JS537 seems to be an Atheist. And I would like to hear his/her opinion on why Jesus wept.

JS357:

I lack that belief. But I lack belief in the father-god, the son-god, ...[text shortened]... nded to convey was obviously, not conveyed as well as other verses like "Jesus wept."
Uh, Lazarus was a very dear friend of Jesus, one that he loved and he was sad his friend had died..........

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Uh, Lazarus was a very dear friend of Jesus, one that he loved and he was sad his friend had died..........
Don't you think that the death and resurrection of Lazarus was a
foreshadowing and a reminder of what was to happen to Jesus,
himself. His own people were gonig to reject Him and have
Him put to death and he would have to experience this death
the same as his good friend Lazarus and there would be no
man to come to His rescue. Jesus would have to rescue Himself
by raising Himself from the grave as He was about to do for Lazarus.

j

Moves
14 Jan 12

I don't think that that is the mere reason Jesus wept. Jesus had purposely stayed away extra time to insure that Lazarus would indeed be DEAD.

Consider that an re-think if there might be something else or at least additional factors that drew forth a tear from Jesus.

Moves
14 Jan 12

It was not to do with Lazarus dying; Jesus wept because of their unbelief.

C

Moves
14 Jan 12

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by divegeester
It was not to do with Lazarus dying; Jesus wept because of their unbelief.
You need to read those verses more as your flat wrong buddy......

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Don't you think that the death and resurrection of Lazarus was a
foreshadowing and a reminder of what was to happen to Jesus,
himself. His own people were gonig to reject Him and have
Him put to death and he would have to experience this death
the same as his good friend Lazarus and there would be no
man to come to His rescue. Jesus would have to rescue Himself
by raising Himself from the grave as He was about to do for Lazarus.
I don't see that thought anywhere in the Bible but if you have the scriptures to show that, I'd love to see them.
While your at it would you show the scriptures that shows Jesus raising himself from the dead?

Moves
14 Jan 12

You need to read those verses more as your flat wrong buddy......
As you are so sure of yourself perhaps you could explain what you think Jesus wept at?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jan 12

I don't think that that is the mere reason Jesus wept. Jesus had purposely stayed away extra time to insure that Lazarus would indeed be [b]DEAD.

Consider that an re-think if there might be something else or at least additional factors that drew forth a tear from Jesus.[/b]
Sorry but can't find any scriptures to point to that thought. If you have them I'd like to take a look at it.

But by doing this and the others he resurrected it was showing the power that his Father Jehovah has to resurrect the dead. If you look closely at John 11: 40-43 it shows that Jesus asked his Father for this resurrection of Lazarus to happen. It was not Jesus that actually did this but his Father Jehovah in heaven that resurrected Lazarus.

John 11:40-43
English Standard Version (ESV)

40 Jesus said to her, “Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?” 41 So they took away the stone. And Jesus lifted up his eyes and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me.” 43 When he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out.”

If it were truly Jesus that did this and not his Father then he would not have made this statement. He would have said I resurrected Lazarus, but he didn't as he clearly shows who he was giving that honor too.
Really, really read this scripture and get the meaning of it..............

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by divegeester
As you are so sure of yourself perhaps you could explain what you think Jesus wept at?
I already answered it............

Moves
14 Jan 12

I already answered it............
You mean your 1st post in this thread? If so that does not make sense as Jaywill pointed out, Jesus delayed his arrival in order to allow Lazarus to die. Jesus wept at the lackof faith he saw in those around him and it troubled him in his spirit also. Jesus works in the resurection plane, those around him were thinking in the restoration plane. They had faith for healing but not faith is his authority over death.

w

Moves
14 Jan 12

I don't think that that is the mere reason Jesus wept. Jesus had purposely stayed away extra time to insure that Lazarus would indeed be [b]DEAD.

Consider that an re-think if there might be something else or at least additional factors that drew forth a tear from Jesus.[/b]
Very true. Jesus knew that he could have gone to Lazarus earlier to stop him from dying, but he chose to let him die so that he could later raise him from the dead.

That said, Jesus I think was crying because of the effects of sin on those whom he loved. Part of it was the pain they were experiencing, but mostly I think he saw their inability to see who he was and what he came to accomplish.

w

Moves
14 Jan 12

Very true. Jesus knew that he could have gone to Lazarus earlier to stop him from dying, but he chose to let him die so that he could later raise him from the dead.

That said, Jesus I think was crying because of the effects of sin on those whom he loved. Part of it was the pain they were experiencing, but mostly I think he saw their inability to see who he was and what he came to accomplish.

w

Moves
14 Jan 12