1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 23:22
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Please refraim from troll enties, comedian jokes, lampoon replies, wisecracks of the attention starved juvenile minded.

But...but... 🙁
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 23:322 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    We could say the sky is blue and you'd still spout out and disagree wouldn't you? I'm about to stop answering you as I do not answer Rajk...it's getting to be a waist of time.
    What would constitute a good spend of time, me agreeing with you and becoming a JW?

The problem you have Galveston is that you are here to preach your organisation and convert, whereas most of us here are here to debate issues.

Anyway suit yourself sulky boy, next thing you'll be leaving in a strop again.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 23:411 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What would constitute a good spend of time, me agreeing with you and becoming a JW?

The problem you have Galveston is that you are here to preach your organisation and convert, whereas most of us here are here to debate issues.

Anyway suit yourself sulky boy, next thing you'll be leaving in a strop again.
    Uh maybe because you argue just to argue which is just plane stupid... Why not try for once to stop the insults and add something with somekind of useful knowledge, info or something as I have seen nothing like that from you ever?
    The info I just posted has nothing to do with trying to convert anyone or preach about my organization as anyone can clearly see. It's just plane scriptural reading by you that's needed instead of flying off with some stupid statement
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 23:53
    Uh maybe because you argue just to argue which is just plane stupid... Why not try for once to stop the insults and add something with somekind of useful knowledge, info or something as I have seen nothing like that from you ever?
    The info I just posted has nothing to do with trying to convert anyone or preach about my organization as anyone can clearl ...[text shortened]... plane scriptural reading by you that's needed instead of flying off with some stupid statement
    I know, but that's why you feel it's a "waste of time" because you are here on a JW mission.

I don't disagree with you out of some sort of spite you know! We are fundamentally opposed spiritually because we serve different masters, think completely diffierently about the nature and identity of God and view organised religion from polarised viewpoints.

Look back through this thread and see where this banter started - your post rudely telling me I am completely wrong. I wasn't even talking to you!
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 00:02
    I know, but that's why you feel it's a "waste of time" because you are here on a JW mission.

I don't disagree with you out of some sort of spite you know! We are fundamentally opposed spiritually because we serve different masters, think completely diffierently about the nature and identity of God and view organised religion from polarised viewpoint ...[text shortened]... started - your post rudely telling me I am completely wrong. I wasn't even talking to you!
    Well you are wrong so I have no right to say that? You say we're here to debate so I'm debating with you.
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 00:04
    Jesus wept because He knew.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 00:131 edit
    So Jesus knew Lazarus was seriously ill and that his family were calling for him to come but he decides not to. Why?

You say he cried because his friend had died, then why didn't he go to him, malicious? Not caring? But he cried!

Your account makes no sense and as usual you and robbie (let's not pretend he will have a different view to you on so ...[text shortened]... have known Lararus' condition in the same way he knew the man's son had been healed?
    Somebody said he cried because he saw the lack of faith in the people who were with Lazarus. (my wording)

Somebody said he stayed away a couple more days so his raising of Lazarus would be more glorified in their eyes. Does this include it would be more convincing?

So if he knew staying away just 2 days more than the travel time would be sufficient to glorify the act and convince them, why cry? Lazarus had to die for the resurrection to be real; no tears for that; a couple more days away would do the job; no tears for that.

Also, he had a plan to convince them, so he must have known they lacked faith. Why be sad when he sees he is right, especially since he has a plan in place.

I still think the best explanation for his crying is sadness at Lazarus' death.

All in the interest of a tighter story.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 03:02
    .. I do not answer Rajk...
    I have not asked you a question in a very long time, so there is no need to answer me.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 06:041 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    Somebody said he cried because he saw the lack of faith in the people who were with Lazarus. (my wording)

Somebody said he stayed away a couple more days so his raising of Lazarus would be more glorified in their eyes. Does this include it would be more convincing?

So if he knew staying away just 2 days more than the travel time would be sufficient to gl ...[text shortened]... anation for his crying is sadness at Lazarus' death.

He was also sad because he knew his death by torture was soon to
    take place and he would be betrayed and even Peter would deny
    knowing Him and he would be ridiculed before all the people. The
    fact that He was about to command Lazarus to come out of the tomb
    after three days also reminded Him that His own disciples did not
    believe what He had said about that He must suffer and die and be
    rasied after three days. He had a hard time dealing with this as
    was demonstrated in the garden before He was taken into custody.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 09:15
    Well you are wrong so I have no right to say that? You say we're here to debate so I'm debating with you.
    That's absolutely fine Galveston and I enjoy it when you do.

Just try to stop acting like a child when people disagree with you; threatening not to talk to them anymore (as you did to me in this thread), threatening to leave the site (as you did a couple of weeks ago). It makes you come across sounding like a spoilt child who cannot take criticism of his new toy.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 17:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    believe what He had said about ...[text shortened]... hard time dealing with this as
    OK thanks. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing; just getting better informed about the accounts.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 17:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    believe what He had said about ...[text shortened]... hard time dealing with this as
    After reading this I'd even throw in that He knew that there were going to be
    people who even seeing Jesus raise someone from the dead would not only
    plot to kill Jesus, but also Lazarus as very soon after that.
    Kelly
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 17:491 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    After reading this I'd even throw in that He knew that there were going to be
    people who even seeing Jesus raise someone from the dead would not only
    plot to kill Jesus, but also Lazarus as very soon after that.
    Kelly
    Yes and Jesus actually wept on other occasions and was saddened many times for the conditions that mankind is suffering with our problems both mentally and physically. Rememeber he was there when his Father was creating man and Jesus was used in that creating and loved humans very much and that's the reason he offered himself to come to earth and eventually lay his life down for all of us so that one day all our suffering would be end and we would have the life that his Father originally planned for us on a beautiful and clean planet with no influance from Satan.
    This is why Jesus told the man beside him when they were being executed: "You will be with me in paradise."
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 18:05
    .. "You will be with me in paradise."
    Today ... you left out the word' today' .

[That is not a question]
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 23:003 edits
    Originally posted by JS357

So if he knew staying away just 2 days more than the travel time would be sufficient to gl ...[text shortened]... anation for his crying is sadness at Lazarus' death.

I still think the best explanation for his crying is sadness at Lazarus' death.

Don't you think it makes for a tight story that Jesus has to point out that the people's opinions are off ?

Marths, admits that she believes in a grand resurrection of all the dead at the end of time. Jesus has to tell her that He Himself IS the resurrection and the divine life. This leads to one of my favorite lines in the whole Bible - John 11:25

"Jesus said to her, You brother wil rise again.

Martha said to Him, I know that he will rise again in the resurrection in the last day.

Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection and the life; he who believses into Me, even if he should doe, shall live;

And everyone who lives and believes into Me shall by no means die forever. Do you believe this ?"

Martha bible knowledge and answer was very fundamental. But Jesus told her not to postpone the resurection to the last day. He WAS the very resurrection standing before them right then. Marvelous !

John 11:25 - I AM THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE; HE WHO BELIEVES INTO ME, EVEN IF HE DIE, SHALL LIVE."

I think Jesus wept because NO ONE was right there with Him in the truth. Even some were CLOSE but yet still so far off.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree