Why shouldn't I kill myself

Why shouldn't I kill myself

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
13 Aug 06

I probably won't do it for various reasons, mostly because my life isn't that bad and because I don't want to hurt people I care about. But tell me...is there any good reason other than these that you can think about?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
13 Aug 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I probably won't do it for various reasons, mostly because my life isn't that bad and because I don't want to hurt people I care about. But tell me...is there any good reason other than these that you can think about?
You'd be wasting a perfectly good bullet.

P-

Jew.

Moves
13 Aug 06

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
13 Aug 06

God no.
Just do it man...

That's a joke by the way. I really don't need your death on my consience...

Jew.

Moves
13 Aug 06

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
13 Aug 06

Originally posted by 7ate9
he isn't your wife
Not yet, no.

Jew.

Moves
13 Aug 06

Moves
13 Aug 06

You're going to die one way or another soon enough. Why be in a rush?

c

Moves
13 Aug 06

About 4 months ago, my 21-year old niece's face was swelling up. She was sent from one section to another in the general hospital. One doctor arrived at a conclusion that her molar tooth which was just emerging from her gum got infected. He prescribed some anti-biotics. But the problem persisted. Further tests and a few weeks later revealed that she had a very aggressive tumor, cancerous. In another two weeks, it spread to her neck, and it was still spreading fast. There was hardly any time to react. Soon, she was in surgery. The doctors cut off almost her entire left cheek, and took out the tumors from the neck too. Then they cut a lump of flesh from he abdomen to reconstruct her left cheek. But after a few days, that flesh was dying. So the doctors cut it off again. Then they cut off a portion of her left breast and used that to reconstruct her face. I saw her parents cried the whole time. She's recovering now, but the cancer might come back within the next 2-5 years. She has no control of her left face now; most of the muscles and nerves are gone. For a pretty girl at that age, losing a face and a breast was beyond imagination. But she fought on. Life is very precious. You can't get it like a spare part for a car. To me, there is simply no reason to take your own life.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
13 Aug 06

Suicide was of central concern for the twentieth century existentialists, who saw the choice to take one's life as impressed upon us by our experience of the absurdity or meaninglessness of the world and of human endeavor. Albert Camus illustrated this absurdity in his novel The Myth of Sisyphus. For Camus, Sisyphus heroically does not try to escape his absurd task, but instead perseveres and in so doing resists the lure of suicide. Suicide, Camus contends, tempts us with the promise of an illusory freedom from the absurdity of our existence, but is in the end an abdication of our responsibility to confront or embrace that absurdity head on.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/suicide/

N

The sky

Moves
13 Aug 06

Originally posted by rwingett
Suicide was of central concern for the twentieth century existentialists, who saw the choice to take one's life as impressed upon us by our experience of the absurdity or meaninglessness of the world and of human endeavor. Albert Camus illustrated this absurdity in his novel The Myth of Sisyphus. For Camus, Sisyphus heroically does not try to escape his ...[text shortened]... o confront or embrace that absurdity head on.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/suicide/
And I keep rolling up that rock...

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Aug 06

Is that all your life's meaning, what other people think and feel about you?
Kelly

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
13 Aug 06

You'd miss the next series of Big Brother.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
13 Aug 06

Because (to you) in this universe, you are the pivotal person, upon which all of existence hinges. I wish to remain in existence, so I would prefer for you to hang on a little while longer, if at all possible, please.

E

Moves
13 Aug 06

if theres no god why not, but there is (i think so you may not) so dont do it