1. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 12:42
    I probably won't do it for various reasons, mostly because my life isn't that bad and because I don't want to hurt people I care about. But tell me...is there any good reason other than these that you can think about?
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 13:37
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I probably won't do it for various reasons, mostly because my life isn't that bad and because I don't want to hurt people I care about. But tell me...is there any good reason other than these that you can think about?
    You'd be wasting a perfectly good bullet.

P-
  3. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 13:51
    God no.
    Just do it man...

That's a joke by the way. I really don't need your death on my consience...
  4. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 13:56
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    he isn't your wife
    Not yet, no.
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 14:10
    You're going to die one way or another soon enough. Why be in a rush?
  6. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 14:31
    About 4 months ago, my 21-year old niece's face was swelling up. She was sent from one section to another in the general hospital. One doctor arrived at a conclusion that her molar tooth which was just emerging from her gum got infected. He prescribed some anti-biotics. But the problem persisted. Further tests and a few weeks later revealed that she had a very aggressive tumor, cancerous. In another two weeks, it spread to her neck, and it was still spreading fast. There was hardly any time to react. Soon, she was in surgery. The doctors cut off almost her entire left cheek, and took out the tumors from the neck too. Then they cut a lump of flesh from he abdomen to reconstruct her left cheek. But after a few days, that flesh was dying. So the doctors cut it off again. Then they cut off a portion of her left breast and used that to reconstruct her face. I saw her parents cried the whole time. She's recovering now, but the cancer might come back within the next 2-5 years. She has no control of her left face now; most of the muscles and nerves are gone. For a pretty girl at that age, losing a face and a breast was beyond imagination. But she fought on. Life is very precious. You can't get it like a spare part for a car. To me, there is simply no reason to take your own life.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 14:47
    Suicide was of central concern for the twentieth century existentialists, who saw the choice to take one's life as impressed upon us by our experience of the absurdity or meaninglessness of the world and of human endeavor. Albert Camus illustrated this absurdity in his novel The Myth of Sisyphus. For Camus, Sisyphus heroically does not try to escape his absurd task, but instead perseveres and in so doing resists the lure of suicide. Suicide, Camus contends, tempts us with the promise of an illusory freedom from the absurdity of our existence, but is in the end an abdication of our responsibility to confront or embrace that absurdity head on.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/suicide/
  8. The sky
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 15:01
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Suicide was of central concern for the twentieth century existentialists, who saw the choice to take one's life as impressed upon us by our experience of the absurdity or meaninglessness of the world and of human endeavor. Albert Camus illustrated this absurdity in his novel The Myth of Sisyphus. For Camus, Sisyphus heroically does not try to escape his ...[text shortened]... o confront or embrace that absurdity head on.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/suicide/
    And I keep rolling up that rock...
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 15:43
    Is that all your life's meaning, what other people think and feel about you?
    Kelly
  10. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 15:54
    You'd miss the next series of Big Brother.
  11. Territories Unknown
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 17:11
    Because (to you) in this universe, you are the pivotal person, upon which all of existence hinges. I wish to remain in existence, so I would prefer for you to hang on a little while longer, if at all possible, please.
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 19:48
    if theres no god why not, but there is (i think so you may not) so dont do it
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 20:35
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    Do you think that the presence of a god is the only preventative for suicide?
  14. Standard memberAnonymousnumber1
    Just call me
    Gark
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 22:37
    DO IT

DO IT NOW
  15. Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 22:45
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    If there's no god why not?
    Why would the existence or otherwise of a god have anything to do with it?

Actually, come to think of it, if there was a god, I probably would kill myself. I wouldn't want to live in a universe that had such entities.