Why We HATE Hell

Why We HATE Hell

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Jul 17

Originally posted by sonship
djbecker, you were right on somewhere where you said without God man has no hope.

Without God man has no hope - hopeless.
In the long run that will happen in any case. Take a look at what happened to Neadertals. Went extinct, just like homo sapians will eventually. And with it your god.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jul 17

Originally posted by sonhouse
In the long run that will happen in any case. Take a look at what happened to Neadertals. Went extinct, just like homo sapians will eventually. And with it your god.
That is your opinion, only true if you believe that Neanderthals were in some evolutionary reality.

Moves
01 Jul 17

Moves
01 Jul 17
1 edit

[Your arguments do nothing to damage the Gospel.
But your strange beliefs do!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jul 17
3 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
But your strange beliefs do!
By "strange beliefs" you mean what cannot be taught in two or three sentences ?
When you get tired at reading here a long paragraph - that is a "strange belief" ?

Okay, let's talk about "strange beliefs" -

Do you believe that Jesus was unethically and unrighteously giving us the wrong impression when He spoke about Laszarus, the rich man, and their respective conditions after they died ?

See Luke 16:19-31.

All I want you to do is explain WHY Jesus gave an impression in His teaching which is not true. If He did, was it not unrighteous for Him to leave us with that kind of impression ?

Then we will see if your explanation is "strange" to the evident intention of Christ's point of Luke 16:19-31.

Moves
05 Jul 17
2 edits

By "strange beliefs" you mean what cannot be taught in two or three sentences ?
Why are you asking what you already know? I feel there is a real disingenuous to your child-like questioning today.

I address you about two things:
1) the length of your posts, the way you use a barrage of waffle to bury a simple response. Others complain about this too.

2) your strange or erroneous beliefs. When I point one of these out I am very specific and can leave you in know doubt as to what I'm addressing.

Do you still want to continue to pretend that you don't know what it is i challenge you about?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jul 17
2 edits

Why are you asking what you already know? I feel there is a real disingenuous to your child-like questioning today.

1) the length of your posts, the way you use a barrage of waffle to bury a simple response. Others complain about this too.

2) your strange or erroneous beliefs. When I point one of these out I am ver ...[text shortened]...
Do you still want to continue to pretend that you don't know what it is i challenge you about?

Being wordy or verbose doesn't make what was written "strange".

2) your strange or erroneous beliefs. When I point one of these out I am very specific and can leave you in know doubt as to what I'm addressing.

God says that that He would have to judge is strange (Isaiah 28:21)

Though God says that His act of judgment is "strange" or "alien, different," it is still true. I believe that God will judge and I understand that God Himself would admit that it is strange for Him to have to do so.

Isaiah 28:21 in a few translations" [my bolding]

English Standard Version
For the LORD will rise up as on Mount Perazim; as in the Valley of Gibeon he will be roused; to do his deed— strange is his deed! and to work his work— alien is his work!

New American Standard Bible
For the LORD will rise up as at Mount Perazim, He will be stirred up as in the valley of Gibeon, To do His task, His unusual task, And to work His work, His extraordinary work.

King James Bible
For the LORD shall rise up as in mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon, that he may do his work, his strange work; and bring to pass his act, his strange act.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
For the LORD will rise up as He did at Mount Perazim. He will rise in wrath, as at the Valley of Gibeon, to do His work, His strange work, and to perform His task, His disturbing task.

International Standard Version
For the LORD will stand upon Mount Perazim, he will rouse himself in the Valley of Gibeon; to carry out his work— his strange deed, and to perform his task— his alien task!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jul 17
3 edits

The topic is Why We HATE Hell.

Eternal judgment, I think, is strange, disturbing, as God's word says that He would have to judge is "strange, disturbing, different, extraordinary."

Recovery Version
"For Jehovah will rise as on Mount Perazim, He will be agitated as in the valley of Gibeon,
To do his deed, His strange deed, And to do His work, His most different work. (v.21)

Now therefore do not be mockers Lest your fetters become stronger; For I have heard from the Lord Jehovah of hosts of complete and decisive destruction upon the whole earth." (v.22)

The point here is that the word of God informs us of the nature of God's eternal judgment. It is considered by God Himself strange and different that He should even have to perform the task.

However, He will do it. And ...

" But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth ..." (See Rom. 2:2)

Moves
07 Jul 17
1 edit

Being wordy or verbose doesn't make what was written "strange"
I didn't and never have said said, you are just being dishonest and obfuscating.

What's makes your beliefs strange, is their strangeness. Such as your belief that there are people of other worlds witnessesing the lost being hung in chains of punishment as a warning to them.

That is a strange belief. You have many.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jul 17
2 edits

If you want bring up again this accusation about " beings in other worlds " matter I would request that each time you please paste in the quotation from which you derive that complaint.

Since the half truthfulness of your accusation has been dealt with more than once, accompany your revisiting of the charge with the original quotation.

Otherwise you are just acting like Senator McCarthy - repeating the big lie:
An argument by repetitious slander.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jul 17
4 edits

bump for Divegeester

Do you believe that Jesus was unethically and unrighteously giving us the wrong impression when He spoke about Lazarus, the rich man, and their respective conditions after they died ?

See Luke 16:19-31.

All I want you to do is explain WHY Jesus gave an impression in His teaching which is not true. If He did, was it not unrighteous for Him to leave us with that kind of impression ?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Jul 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
That is your opinion, only true if you believe that Neanderthals were in some evolutionary reality.
Come on, you think Neantertals were what, fake, no such thing? When we have already extracted DNA from them and established and it is like ours but with differences, lots of differences and some of OUR DNA comes directly from them.

Are you a Neandertal denier?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jul 17
1 edit

bump for Divegeester

Do you believe that Jesus was unethically and unrighteously giving us the wrong impression when He spoke about Lazarus, the rich man, and their respective conditions after they died ?

See [b] Luke 16:19-31.

[/b]
Jesus is not into giving impressions. His teachings are clear and cannot be misinterpreted unless you are hell-bent on believing something else. Nothing in that story speaks of eternal torment. There is torment, but you put in the eternal part.

So I might state this in your words.

You have unethically and unrighteously added to the teachings of Christ. All I want you to do is explain WHY YOU added something His teaching which is not true. Are you not unrighteous to do that ?

Moves
08 Jul 17

We hate hell because its a silly man made idea of punishment....Pain+Time=Bad

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jul 17
2 edits

Originally posted by stellspalfie
We hate hell because its a silly man made idea of punishment....Pain+Time=Bad
Man does not "hate" the concept of punishment. That should be obvious from history.

Now man does not like not being able to beat God, best God, out think, out maneuver God. I think the thought of being completely at a loss before God as a unrepentant sinner, is hated.

This is possibly exacerbated because God is not intrusive. No lightening is likely to strike you or I today because of our sins. He is invisible. And this adds to man's suspicion that God does not exist or that He doesn't care or that we are getting away with a lot of things.

All these concepts about the ineptitude of the Divine is shattered when we hear of eternal punishment. So it is often a hated thing to hear.

What we should think more about is what God has done that man may be reconciled to the Perfect.