1. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 13:31
    Originally posted by josephw
    You do agree that others say the vilest things that make what Bobby says look tame don't you? There's no comparison.
    No, I do not agree. Bobby may not use bad language, but he is a lot ruder than most other posters.

I think the real problem is that GrampyBobby is probably closer to the truth than anyone else, and that's why he receives so much apparent disdain and contempt. Just a possibility?
    No, its not a possibility. You think wrong in this instance. He receives disdain and contempt because of his total failure to engage. You on the other hand do actually read other peoples posts and attempt to understand what they are saying before responding. Even though you often get it wrong, or post utter nonsense, you still come across as trying to engage.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 13:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    I judge his behaviour and the content of his posts and I engage him. I welcome people doing the same thing to me. This is what a "debate and discussion" forum is all about.
    "I welcome people doing the same thing to me."

I know. I tend to forget and forgive offenses readily enough, and I don't recall you being overly critical of anyone's character, but you do give me fits at times. 😉

Sometimes you're clear and straightforward, and other times you're not. I'll let you know. 🙂
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 13:43
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, I do not agree. Bobby may not use bad language, but he is a lot ruder than most other posters.

[b]I think the real problem is that GrampyBobby is probably closer to the truth than anyone else, and that's why he receives so much apparent disdain and contempt. Just a possibility?

No, its not a possibility. You think wrong in this instance. He re ...[text shortened]... hough you often get it wrong, or post utter nonsense, you still come across as trying to engage.[/b]
    Honestly, I appreciate your vote of confidence. I do goof things up at times.

I think you guys are misinterpreting Bobby. I accept and respect that you have your own opinion. Perhaps we can leave it at that?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 14:41
    Originally posted by josephw
    I think you guys are misinterpreting Bobby.
    I am actually not interpreting much of what he posts because it is unintelligible. For example in this thread he tagged this line in italics to one of his posts:
    You've already vomited Salvation information.

I didn't bother asking what it meant because he typically does not respond to requests for clarification. What do you think he meant by it?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 16:02
    I am actually not interpreting much of what he posts because it is unintelligible. For example in this thread he tagged this line in italics to one of his posts:
    You've already vomited Salvation information.

I didn't bother asking what it meant because he typically does not respond to requests for clarification. What do you think he meant by it?
    Originally posted by Grampy BobbyThread 161626 (Page 5)
    If "I am a programmer. Born in Zambia..." attempting to explain the scope and complexities of my work to a tribesman in a remote jungle who had never even heard of the internet, computers or software applications what chance of achieving an understanding would there be with no compatible frame of reference? You've already vomited Salvation information.

>"You've already" rejected or thrown up or out "Salvation information" because it's foreign and you're unable to stomach it.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 16:051 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    >"You've already" rejected or thrown up or out "Salvation information" because it's foreign and you're unable to stomach it.
    Do you know that that is the first time that you have ever bothered to explain something when queried by me?

Hint: next time, don't bother with the unnecessary copy paste of a post that is in this thread.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 16:06
    All theists hold positions that I disagree with. I do not judge them all identically. You are correct that we know very little about Grampy, mostly because he reveals very little about himself. He does not typically answer questions or offer opinions. But this very act of not getting engaged in discussions, tells us something about him.

It is interesti ...[text shortened]... to Grampys posts. Is Grampy simply not saying enough to reveal the true nature of his character?
    "All theists hold positions that I disagree with. I do not judge them all identically. You are correct that we know very little about Grampy, mostly because he reveals very little about himself..."

twhitehead, what would you personally like to know about me?
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 16:08
    twhitehead, what would you personally like to know about me?
    I would simply like you to answer questions when asked. I am sure that if you actually participated in conversations, then we would get to know you.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 16:08
    Do you know that that is the first time that you have ever bothered to explain something when queried by me?
    Your question appeared to be relevant to the flow of the conversation and therefore worthy of a thoughtful reply.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 16:11
    I would simply like you to answer questions when asked. I am sure that if you actually participated in conversations, then we would get to know you.
    Fine but please feel free to ask a few questions. I'll depart from my accustomed focus on spiritual issues to answer them.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 16:13

Hint: next time, don't bother with the unnecessary copy paste of a post that is in this thread.
    Without context, quoted text is often robbed of its core meaning which allows distortions and causes confusion.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 16:251 edit
    Without context, quoted text is often robbed of its core meaning which allows distortions and causes confusion.
    That may be the case for you, but for everyone else, overquoting is often distracting and annoying - and causes confusion.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 16:262 edits
    -posted in error
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 16:29
    Your question appeared to be relevant to the flow of the conversation and therefore worthy of a thoughtful reply.
    I don't know what you intended with that comment, but it comes across as implying that all my questions in the past were irrelevant and not worthy of reply.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 18:48
    I don't know what you intended with that comment, but it comes across as implying that all my questions in the past were irrelevant and not worthy of reply.
    Well, not everyone replies to every comment. Except maybe FMF. I for example will try to quote the most salient of comments and reply to that.

All to often topics are buried in squabble and squawk in this forum. The discussion needs comments that are directly made to the point of contention. After awhile even I can't see the forest from the trees. Not that it takes all that much to lose me. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree