1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Jun '12 14:44
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Not enough.
    Lol. So you'd like more to die then did in the past? Really?
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    24 Jun '12 15:00
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Just found this interesting site.

http://www.worldometers.info/

Some here say that things are fine and even better then ever before. Maybe ones like this should stop and look at some of the stats here and just sit and watch the numbers go by for a few minutes and try to connect each number to a real person....

I also found the amount of money spent on illegal drugs to be unbelievable.
    The number of $$ spent on illegal drugs is high because too many drugs are illegal. 😛
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '12 16:39
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes we know you are scared by big numbers, afraid because of the news and your exposure to the information age, but why cant you seem to find any stats to actually back up your claims? Why do you keep resorting to fallacious reasoning? In this instance you claiming that 'things are so bad now that they can't possibly be getting better' - an obvious fallac ...[text shortened]... rgy striking Earth" for a few minutes. Now tell me whether or not global warming is a fact!
    We that believe in Christ have no need to be scared. It is the unbeliever, like you, that should be scared.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Jun '12 16:40
    Silly question to say the least. It doesn't matter and not the topic being discussed here. Start your own thread on that and don't ignor the issues here if you are interested in this thread.
    It's quite relevant to the discussion. If, as you claim, things are 'worse than ever before' there has to be a time when 'things were better'. Can you name me this time, ie which period of history, in which things were better?! Rob, in a previous thread couldn't, can you?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '12 16:471 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    The number of $$ spent on illegal drugs is high because too many drugs are illegal. 😛
    This is an indication of the corruption of the mind of so many people for them to want to spend their money on drugs that can only cause them harm in the long run. It would be better for all if they would use that money to buy food for the hungry and help the poor.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Jun '12 16:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    This is an indication of the corruption of the mind of so many people for them to want to spend their money on drugs that can only cause them harm in the long run. It would be better for all if they would use that money to buy food for the hungry and help the poor.
    Says the guy who's morbidly obese. 😞
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '12 16:55
    It's quite relevant to the discussion. If, as you claim, things are 'worse than ever before' there has to be a time when 'things were better'. Can you name me this time, ie which period of history, in which things were better?! Rob, in a previous thread couldn't, can you?
    He is not talking about technologically better. He is referring moral corruption of the minds of so many people in the world today. We should remember the words of this song:

YouTube&feature=related
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '12 16:56
    all the epochs before this one, prior to the industrial revolution, the air was cleaner, the
    water was cleaner and a loaf of bread was wholesome!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '12 16:57
    He is not talking about technologically better. He is referring moral corruption of the minds of so many people in the world today. We should remember the words of this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d87N9GIW2I&feature=related
    Poor MJ, he tried to be a witness but was corrupted by fame and fortune!
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    24 Jun '12 17:07
    Just found this interesting site.

http://www.worldometers.info/

Some here say that things are fine and even better then ever before. Maybe ones like this should stop and look at some of the stats here and just sit and watch the numbers go by for a few minutes and try to connect each number to a real person....

I also found the amount of money spent on illegal drugs to be unbelievable.
    what about the amount spent on legal drugs? legal drugs kill more people than illegal ones.

rate of abortion does not affect quality of life. population is still increasing.
    this can actually be construed as a bad thing. environmental damage increases with increasing population.

overall, those stats don't say a thing about the quality of life 2000 years ago or earlier. little has changed, but at least now there are large portions of the world where things are a lot better for the people living there.

i would rather live here in the american continent or one of the other civilized western-style nations now than any other place in any other time.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '12 17:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Poor MJ, he tried to be a witness but was corrupted by fame and fortune!
    There were too many people trying to take advantage of him for the love of riches, even his own father. He was misunderstood by the entire world and deceived by Satan.
  12. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    24 Jun '12 17:13
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes we know you are scared by big numbers, afraid because of the news and your exposure to the information age, but why cant you seem to find any stats to actually back up your claims? Why do you keep resorting to fallacious reasoning? In this instance you claiming that 'things are so bad now that they can't possibly be getting better' - an obvious fallac ...[text shortened]... rgy striking Earth" for a few minutes. Now tell me whether or not global warming is a fact!
    that's really an interesting figure. the solar energy received in one day is more than the entire oil reserves on earth.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Jun '12 17:22
    all the epochs before this one, prior to the industrial revolution, the air was cleaner, the
    water was cleaner and a loaf of bread was wholesome!
    So it's your view that medieval times were better than here today?
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Jun '12 17:22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d87N9GIW2I&feature=related
    I never claimed he was talking about being technologically better.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Jun '12 17:58
    all the epochs before this one, prior to the industrial revolution, the air was cleaner, the water was cleaner and a loaf of bread was wholesome!
    You are badly in need of a history lesson (and a little time spent in a poor country where they still have 'clean' water free from all those industrial pollutants (but also rather brown in color and full of disease, but I am sure you would prefer that to industrial pollutants).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree