Yet Another JW Thread

Yet Another JW Thread

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Jan 10

Originally posted by Ullr
One of many that looked unusual to me:

"32.Play competitive sports professionally"

Serena Williams is a JW is she not?
I believe she still is but I don't know how active she is with her congregation. The thing about being a JW and being involved with sports on a high level, is not recomended because of the time that is usually required to pursue that endevor. We feel that because of the obligation we have to do the teaching work that Jesus told his followers to do is very important now because of the time in history we are now in and with world events speeding up.
It's not that most don't love sports, me very much included, but it's not the way we fell we should spend a large amount of time doing. And it is by no means something that you would be disfellowshipped for. It is a personal decision if one chooses to pursue that in their life....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Jan 10

Originally posted by Rajk999
141 Things that JWs are not allowed to do. Would be nice if the JWs on the site can verify these.

1.Belong to another organization or club for the purpose of socializing and friendship with 'worldly' people (Christian or not) who are not Jehovah's Witnesses. (Belonging to a professional association is allowed to the extent that it is required for employme ...[text shortened]... except for limited exceptions ).
Lol, lol, lol, lol, lol....... And all of these things are wrong? Lol.

Moves
22 Jan 10
1 edit

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Well, I'm not afraid of any word domination from their side.

If they don't want to be a part of the society (not vote, not be in the political life, etc) then why don't they go and isolate themselves? There are vast non-populated territories here and there in the world, and then they can do whatever they want there. Now they want to be within the socie s their headquarter located?

I see them as a cult. And as a cult they should be treated.
The way I see it, as long as they obey the laws of society like most of the rest of us then they can do or not do what they want and live where they want. If they don't want to vote or participate in politics or sports or the military or smoke or pledge allegiance to the flag then that's their business and who are we to criticize.

As far as them being a cult, well the Catholic Church is a cult as far as I'm concerned yet why should I treat a JW any differently than a Roman Catholic?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Jan 10
2 edits

The way I see it, as long as they obey the laws of society like most of the rest of us then they can do or not do what they want and live where they want. If they don't want to vote or participate in politics or sports or the military or smoke or pledge allegiance to the flag then that's their business and who are we to criticize.

As far as them being a cu ...[text shortened]... lt as far as I'm concerned yet why should I treat a JW any differently than a Roman Catholic?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Jan 10

As far as them being a cu ...[text shortened]... lt as far as I'm concerned yet why should I treat a JW any differently than a Roman Catholic?
After all I believe we live in a country here religious freedom is supposed to be an important thing I thought. But some on this forum don't seem to agree like you do.... Thanks.

F

Moves
22 Jan 10

Right. As the Jim Jones in Jonestown. And what's the name of the other suicide cult?

If we see the catholic church as a cult, then sure, they are in the same boat.

F

Moves
22 Jan 10
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
After all I believe we live in a country here religious freedom is supposed to be an important thing I thought. But some on this forum don't seem to agree like you do.... Thanks.
If someone doesn't agree with me and gives me a "post the contents for drooling mongrels like Fabian to lap up", then we know how much freedom he really wants.
If this is the method of JW culters to try to shut their opponunts up, then I would like to shut them all up.
But I didn't have anything against JW before I met the culters here. Their methods in a larger scale is downright dangerous for the society.

Do you defend robbie for his uncivilized manners, or do you condemn his methods, galveston?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Jan 10

If someone doesn't agree with me and gives me a "post the contents for drooling mongrels like Fabian to lap up", then we know how much freedom he really wants.
If this is the method of JW culters to try to shut their opponunts up, then I would like to shut them all up.
But I didn't have anything against JW before I met the culters here. Their methods ...[text shortened]...
Do you defend robbie for his uncivilized manners, or do you condemn his methods, galveston?
I haven't seen one thing that Robbie has posted that is false from the Bible. And just out of curiousity according to society, what is a cult? And why do we quailfy for that in your opinion?

F

Moves
22 Jan 10

I haven't seen one thing that Robbie has posted that is false from the Bible. And just out of curiousity according to society, what is a cult? And why do we quailfy for that in your opinion?
Whenever he says that the bible is true to the letter and avoid to answer our protests, then he shows that he cannot be trusted. He's an expert of avoidance.

Can I by your answer draw the conclusion that his attacks on other people is a normal behaviour by JW culters? A simple yes or no is sufficient. Or are you an avoider too?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Jan 10

Whenever he says that the bible is true to the letter and avoid to answer our protests, then he shows that he cannot be trusted. He's an expert of avoidance.

Can I by your answer draw the conclusion that his attacks on other people is a normal behaviour by JW culters? A simple yes or no is sufficient. Or are you an avoider too?
No and if I do it's a mistake as I don't mean too...

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
22 Jan 10

.. who are we to criticize. ..?
Its not as clear-cut as you think.

Would the general public have a right to be concerned if a JW parent deprives a child of medical care becuase the procedure requires a blood transfusion? Or should the govt step in a insist that such parents not be allowed to make such decisions.

Thats just one example. There are several others on the list that might be of concern from a public standpoint.

rc

Moves
22 Jan 10
2 edits

Would the general public have a right to be concerned if a JW parent deprives a child of medical care becuase the procedure requires a blood transfusion? Or should the govt step in a insist that such parents not be allowed to make such decisions.

Thats just one example. There are several others on the list that might be of concern from a public standpoint.
you have been told already you idiot, in the case of a minor, the parents have no jurisdiction. Do you understand that? parents have no jurisdiction. If a hospital wishes to administer blood to a minor, they may do so if the consultants wish. Your attempt to portray witnesses as child killers is reflective of the type of scum you are and i have no regret of using such terminology, Fabian the snake attempted to portray such good people as paedophiles. I knew then there are no depths you imbeciles are willing to stoop to, let it be noted by those who read the spirituality forum, this is the type of people you are.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Jan 10

My point of view is that if that I dont mind them living in my society but if they are going to come to my house, regurlarly, and tell me how it is and whats wrong with me,etc. then I should have a right of reply.
As I've found,(from having tea with several JW's), is that their idea of a conversation is they tell me how it is and me complying. The last I heard a conversation was a two way street.
Not to mention all the times I have used biblical refrences to counter their own biblical claims.

rc

Moves
23 Jan 10
4 edits

Originally posted by karoly aczel
My point of view is that if that I dont mind them living in my society but if they are going to come to my house, regurlarly, and tell me how it is and whats wrong with me,etc. then I should have a right of reply.
As I've found,(from having tea with several JW's), is that their idea of a conversation is they tell me how it is and me complying. The last ...[text shortened]... to mention all the times I have used biblical refrences to counter their own biblical claims.
funny i cannot recall in your entire posts one biblical reference. if you do not want to engage in conversation with those who visit your home then i suggest that you ask them not to visit, they shall be only too happy to comply, after all, why should we waste our precious time on those who are either argumentative or uninterested in what we have to say? And since when was it your society? do you own society? are you dictating to others how they should live their lives? a little ironic, dont you think. perhaps you were also a submarine commander during the second world war, or the dictator in a banana republic?

rc

Moves
23 Jan 10
2 edits

i have asked him previously to state what a cult is, he doesn't know. he does not know anything about spirituality and has no interest in cultivating an interest. Nor do i have any regrets, he attempted to portray those who are trying their very best to live by biblical principles as paedophiles. That is the type of person he is and the level he is willing to stoop to, i personally have no regrets, no , none what so ever.