Best Video Game Ever Invented

Best Video Game Ever Invented

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

weedhopper

Moves
28 Apr 08

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Wow. I can't remember what my first one was.

That card game to decide your class was BRILLIANT. I wonder if there's one of those online quizzes we could throw in this thread based off that fortune teller's cards?

Found it!

http://www.tk421.net/ultima/
a card game WITHIN a video game? now That sounds fantastic! I never played any of the computer games--my experiences with video games ended with the mall arcades. But I like the idea of a card system to determine a character. is it something like rolling a character for dungeons & dragons?

e

Moves
28 Apr 08

Originally posted by John1916
Medal of Honour - is that different where you live, how could you possibly consider that one as the best games ever made - as for the rest you mentioned, yeah there spot on

Knights of the Old Republic - I heard a lot about this game but I've never actually seen it never mind played it, worth doing a bit of poking around for is it
kotor, i played that solid for six days, think i just lived on bread and water during that time cos i couldnt be away from it for too long...

as for medal of honor, i first played the original on the playstation, i remember having all the lights off and loading it up; it was just fantastic, i went the whole night playing it and really felt i was there... that's what a great game is all about, okay, call of duty is miles better, but medal of honor set the tread

e

Moves
28 Apr 08

Originally posted by Rapidfyre
Assassins Creed......... Best of the best.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc-ClutaN_I

Or if you are the battle type Call of Duty 4, and Battlefield 2

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JC3UMJ2It4

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUFJDVlxKZw
however, greatest computer game.... Kentilla for the spectrum 48k

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 Apr 08

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
a card game WITHIN a video game? now That sounds fantastic! I never played any of the computer games--my experiences with video games ended with the mall arcades. But I like the idea of a card system to determine a character. is it something like rolling a character for dungeons & dragons?
It's not a card game exactly. Before you start the actual game, you play through a short introduction in which you meet a fortune teller. She has eight cards, each of which represents one of eight virtues. She randomly deals two of them and then poses a moral dilemma between those two virtues. For example, the dilemma between Honor and Honesty is:

Thou art sworn to protect thy Lord at any cost, yet thou knowest he hast committed a crime. Authorities ask the of the affair, dost thou:

A) Silently keep thine oath
B) Break thine oath by speaking

After you've gone through this sort of thing a number of times, you'll find that you tend to choose one of the Virtures more than the others. Each Virtue has a class associated with it. For example, if you were mostly Honorable, you will be a Paladin, while if you were mostly Honest, you will be a Mage. Your class is determined by this fortune teller's personality test.

Take a look at the link I offered earlier:

http://www.tk421.net/ultima/

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
29 Apr 08

Did anyone mention Elite? Well, if not I just did. 😏

ZellulΓ€rer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
29 Apr 08
1 edit

The adventure party pulls into a dingy tavern frequented by dodgy types. At a table in the corner a skinny guy with a mullet and an acne'd beer-gutted lout are whispering over a book with a lurid cover depicting dragons, dungeons and naked women. Pretty soon the adventure party is sitting round the table enthralled by the novelty of the 'role-playing game'. Says the skinny mullet-head,
"The adventure party pulls into a dingy tavern frequented by dodgy types ... "

R
The Guvnor....!!!!

The Dark Side

Moves
29 Apr 08

Quite a few games are like that and it adds a dimension to the game me thinks

GTA IV has arrived and I will now be disappering ...........

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
29 Apr 08

Originally posted by RSMA1234
Quite a few games are like that and it adds a dimension to the game me thinks

GTA IV has arrived and I will now be disappering ...........
Tell us! Tell us!

How is it?

I'm still hesitating between ebay or from amazon the limited edition box! πŸ˜•

R
The Guvnor....!!!!

The Dark Side

Moves
29 Apr 08

Originally posted by Seitse
Tell us! Tell us!

How is it?

I'm still hesitating between ebay or from amazon the limited edition box! πŸ˜•
VERY VERY GOOD

I being serious here, have been playing games since the 1980's and this is excellant

I bought he special pack, but I can use the stuff in it, the safe box for passport / important papers, the bag for my gym stuff, the CD music to chill with....so if you would use the stuff, get the pack, otherwise just go for the normal one.

P

weedhopper

Moves
29 Apr 08

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
The adventure party pulls into a dingy tavern frequented by dodgy types. At a table in the corner a skinny guy with a mullet and an acne'd beer-gutted lout are whispering over a book with a lurid cover depicting dragons, dungeons and naked women. Pretty soon the adventure party is sitting round the table enthralled by the novelty of the 'role-playing g ...[text shortened]... ullet-head,
"The adventure party pulls into a dingy tavern frequented by dodgy types ... "
did i miss something ATY? or does this guy's post have anything to do with the subject of the thread?

S

Moves
29 Apr 08

Right, time I weighed in here. There's been some great games mentioned already, so here's my list of games that caused my relationships to break up, or my feet to take root in my living room floor. I'll try and keep them in chronological order πŸ˜•

Jet Set Willy
Head Over Heels
Saboteur
Duck Hunt
Out Run
Afterburner
Super Mario Bros 2
Kick Off
Double Dragon 2
Shinobi
R-Type
Dungeon Master
Sim City
F111 Strike Eagle 2
Dune 2
Parodius
Street Fighter II Turbo (ten star)
Virtua Cop
Daggerfall
Final Fantasy 7
Call of Duty
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Tenchu Stealth Assassins
Thief
Morrowind
Star Wars Galaxies
Ico
Rome: Total War
Oblivion
Resident Evil 4
Call of Duty 4
Tiger Woods PGA 2008

I'm sure there are hundreds more, but they stand out most for me.

Still dying to play:

Crysis
FEAR
Stalker

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 Apr 08
1 edit

did i miss something ATY? or does this guy's post have anything to do with the subject of the thread?
Seems to be an odd sort of mockery or joke about D&D. It's kind of interesting but not relevant to the topic which is video games.

Good call, Starr, on Dungeon Master. Gameplay's kind of lame but the magic system kicks butt and the character selection room is kind of neat.

D
Mr. Bombastic

Ogden, Ut

Moves
30 Apr 08

Did anyone mention Ogre Battle?

P

weedhopper

Moves
30 Apr 08

Thank you ATY.

HEY!! Bossy de Naggy?? Kiss my sac.πŸ˜›

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
30 Apr 08

Thank you ATY.

HEY!! Bossy de Naggy?? Kiss my sac.πŸ˜›
Grow up.