Best Video Game Ever Invented

Best Video Game Ever Invented

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
30 Apr 08

If you haven't heard of Zero Punctuation before, check out this great link for hilarious reviews on some modern games:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation

P

weedhopper

Moves
30 Apr 08

Originally posted by Palynka
Grow up.
Back off, Sonny. I crap bigger'n you.

S

Moves
30 Apr 08

Originally posted by hopscotch
If you haven't heard of Zero Punctuation before, check out this great link for hilarious reviews on some modern games:

Genius! Why don't I ever think of doing things like that?

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
30 Apr 08

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Back off, Sonny. I crap bigger'n you.
So is it true what they say? You are Dirk Diggler's ex-boyfriend?

P

weedhopper

Moves
30 Apr 08

Originally posted by Seitse
"ex" being the operative word. He choked, y'know.😀

P

weedhopper

Moves
30 Apr 08

Originally posted by Seitse
wait a minute--you're not that guy! You don't even have a dog in this fight. Run along, sonny boy--this is grown-up talk.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
01 May 08

Originally posted by hopscotch

Wow. The Halo 3 review had me cracking up. Excellent reviewer!

Moves
01 May 08

The idea of 'great' holds some quite distinguished ground and I think most current video games have a ways to go to prove out; I'm not sure any do. This doesn't mean there are not some good games out there! But with that in mind:

Pong - So many games were based on that little bouncing ball: Missle Command, Asteroids, Galaxian; all the 2-D shoot 'em ups.

Woldfenstein - The first truly addictive PC game. All first player shoot 'em ups borrow from killing those primitive Nazis. Who cares about the story? I want that big, bad, submachine gun!

SimCity - A strategy game that inspired the like of the Civilization series, this game was able to morph from a single player strategy game into a MP monster. Truly a classic.

Neverwinter Nights - An RPGer's dream. The game was ok; the genius was the it is intended for anyone to modify to suit their wants and then invite all their buddies to roleplay. 5 years later (an eternity in video games) I'm still playing it. Those of us who yearned for someone to play D&D with 30 years ago have our online game. 😉

R
The Guvnor....!!!!

The Dark Side

Moves
01 May 08

Originally posted by Badwater
The idea of 'great' holds some quite distinguished ground and I think most current video games have a ways to go to prove out; I'm not sure any do. This doesn't mean there are not some good games out there! But with that in mind:

[b]Pong
- So many games were based on that little bouncing ball: Missle Command, Asteroids, Galaxian; all the 2-D shoot 'e ...[text shortened]... ose of us who yearned for someone to play D&D with 30 years ago have our online game. 😉[/b]
So i take it you mean by great game, you mean somthing which inspires another "genra" or "type" off game ?

R
OK SORRY

Moves
01 May 08

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Wow. The Halo 3 review had me cracking up. Excellent reviewer!
The game alone cracks me up. I think its hillarious when you get hit by a that huge laser gun.

P

weedhopper

Moves
01 May 08

Originally posted by Badwater

[b]Pong
- So many games were based on that little bouncing ball: Missle Command, Asteroids, Galaxian; all the 2-D shoot 'e ...[text shortened]... ose of us who yearned for someone to play D&D with 30 years ago have our online game. 😉[/b]
Neverwinter IS fantastic

d

Moves
01 May 08

Dope Wars

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
01 May 08

Leisure Suit Larry

Moves
01 May 08

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
02 May 08

Originally posted by Rapidfyre
The game alone cracks me up. I think its hillarious when you get hit by a that huge laser gun.
I've played Halo and I might have played Halo II (not sure) but not Halo III.