27 May '22 20:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    27 May '22 20:361 edit
    @sonhouse

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/27/us/uvalde-texas-elementary-school-shooting-friday/index.html

19 Texas policemen waited for an hour outside the classroom wherein children were dialing 911 begging for rescue while the shooter blew them away. What a lousy police force. Utter cowards.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    27 May '22 20:40
    @kellyjay said
    You recall Timothy McVeigh when he killed people he didn't even use a gun.
    I appreciate you coming all the way down here kellyjay and I’m sure your trying to make a point, just not sure what it is, other than life is a hopeless charade let’s all drink hemlock.
    What about the Holocaust, what about Hiroshima.
    What’s that prayer that talks about having the strength to change what I can…..etc.
  4. Joined
    10 May '22
    Moves
    27 May '22 20:49
    @suzianne said
    Is this your new word-of-the-day?

Yeah, we're excited too that you learned something today, but give it a freaking rest.

You're like a five-year-old when he learns a new word.
    ...said the girl who says...

Non sequitur
    Gaslighting
    Strawman
    Fear Fear Fear!!

All of the time ๐Ÿ™„
  5. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    27 May '22 22:091 edit
    @capacrapa said
    ...said the girl who says...

Non sequitur
    Gaslighting
    Strawman
    Fear Fear Fear!!

All of the time ๐Ÿ™„
    YOU KNOW, and
    I KNOW, that Suzi
    isn't one of the purveyors
    of fear around here.
  6. Joined
    10 May '22
    Moves
    27 May '22 22:12
    @jimm619 said
    YOU KNOW, and
    I KNOW, that Suzi
    isn't one of the purveyors
    of fear around here.
    She's scared of the American way that built the best country in the world so ya she's scared.
  7. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    28 May '22 19:18
    @capacrapa said
    Interestingly enough...this site has moderators...

No different than armed guards ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Oh yeah, no difference at all.
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    28 May '22 19:401 edit
    @moonbus said
    @sonhouse

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/27/us/uvalde-texas-elementary-school-shooting-friday/index.html

19 Texas policemen waited for an hour outside the classroom wherein children were dialing 911 begging for rescue while the shooter blew them away. What a lousy police force. Utter cowards.
    There were parents begging to borrow gear and guns to go in and do what the police would not.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 May '22 20:56
    @kevcvs57 said
    I appreciate you coming all the way down here kellyjay and I’m sure your trying to make a point, just not sure what it is, other than life is a hopeless charade let’s all drink hemlock.
    What about the Holocaust, what about Hiroshima.
    What’s that prayer that talks about having the strength to change what I can…..etc.
    Life isn't a hopeless charade; it isn't the tools we use to kill each other's fault; it is
    the hands that weld them. We are teaching life isn't worth more than our desires
    from conception to the grave; we make it all about us, and we are shocked when
    things like this happen. When life stops being precious and our response to being
    unhappy is rage, revenge, or getting even, as highlighted by what we entertain
    ourselves with, what do you think will occur? War is a different subject altogether;
    the gas chamber shows you how far man will go when other men become less
    than in their eyes and despised; the more we hate someone, the more justified we
    feel in harming them.
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 May '22 15:28
    @capacrapa said
    She's scared of the American way that built the best country in the world
    The best country in the world where school shootings are a regular thing and they blame it on the doors. Funny definition of "best" you have.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 May '22 15:381 edit
    @Shallow-Blue
    The US has made DAMN sure those teenage killers are the best equipped shooters in history, their weapon of choice ALL of them, the AR15 which 18 year olds can get with NO checks just hand over the 3K selling price and buy a few thousand rounds of ammo, what could POSSIBLY go wrong.
    This latest one in Texas was a goat fuk from the first call to the cops who did NOTHING for near two hours and the shooter just walked into a back door open but the cops did NOTHING and there WILL be repercussions for that lack of action. They failed miserably to defend CHILDREN for gods sake. I guess if the kids were not Hispanic they would have driven in with a tank if they had to but those kids? Not worth the effort.
  12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    29 May '22 18:21
    @metal-brain said
    None. I was just pointing out I didn't have to prove membership. The 2nd amendment doesn't require that though. You don't have to be a member of an existing militia. A militia can form later and call on people with arms to protect the constitution from threats foreign or domestic.

Nothing in the constitution requires membership in a militia to be able to bear arms. It doesn't say when.
    Good points. Thank you for your reply.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 May '22 23:49
    @kevin-eleven said
    Good points. Thank you for your reply.
    MB doesn't know what he is talking about. "Militia" at the time meant a government organized local self-defense force that every able bodied white man was obliged to join (with certain exemptions for pacifist religious groups). The Militia Act made this clear:

"That each and every free able-bodied white male citizen of the respective States, resident therein, who is or shall be of age of eighteen years, and under the age of forty-five years (except as is herein after excepted) shall severally and respectively be enrolled in the militia, by the Captain or Commanding Officer of the company, within whose bounds such citizen shall reside, and that within twelve months after the passing of this Act. And it shall at all time hereafter be the duty of every such Captain or Commanding Officer of a company, to enroll every such citizen as aforesaid, and also those who shall, from time to time, arrive at the age of 18 years, or being at the age of 18 years, and under the age of 45 years (except as before excepted) shall come to reside within his bounds; and shall without delay notify such citizen of the said enrollment, by the proper non-commissioned Officer of the company, by whom such notice may be proved."

https://constitution.org/1-Activism/mil/mil_act_1792.htm passed May 8, 1792 less than 6 months after the Second Amendment was ratified. https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/amendment/amendment-ii

The rabble that call themselves "militia" mainly to drink beer and shoot at the cans on their free weekends isn't what the Framers had in mind.
  14. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    30 May '22 00:37
    @no1marauder said

The rabble that call themselves "militia" mainly to drink beer and shoot at the cans on their free weekends isn't what the Framers had in mind.
    Sounds like good guys with guns, they probably even barbecue.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 May '22 15:48
    @wajoma said
    Sounds like good guys with guns, they probably even barbecue.
    These groups are probably a lot of fun, but they are irrelevant to any analysis of the Second Amendment.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree