Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    15 Oct '16 00:44
    Originally posted by normbenign
    You can only hope. A degree if desperation would have to accompany any man seeking your company.
    Donald Trump has just used the same sexist argument that Normbenign does.

    Donald Trump has argued that he cannot have sexually harassed or assaulted the (diverse)
    women who have accused him because they are too unattractive to have interested him at all.
    He implies that these women must be lying because they are desperate for attention from men.

    Regarding Jessica Leeds (who then was a 38 year old businesswoman), Donald Trump
    said (mocking her as particularly unattractive):
    "Believe me, she would not be my first choice [for a sexual encounter], I can tell you."
    --Donald Trump

    Apart from his sexism, Donald Trump's 'defense' is ludicrous because there was no 'choice'
    involved in assigning a woman to sit next to him on an airliner. It presumably was done by a computer.
    Donald Trump did not have the choice of being in a position to grope Jessica Leeds or a young supermodel.
    Most victims of sexual assault become targets because they seem *available*, not because they are beauty queens.
  2. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    15 Oct '16 00:501 edit
    "She's [Lindsay Lohan] probably deeply troubled and therefore great in bed. ...
    "Deeply troubled women ... they're always the best in bed."
    --Donald Trump (in a 2004 interview with Howard Stern)

    Donald Trump (then age 58) was wondering how he would feel to have sexual intercourse
    with actress Lindsay Lohan (then age 18). Evidently, the self-described 'gentleman'
    Donald Trump does not mind taking advantage of a vulnerable much younger woman.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    149167
    15 Oct '16 05:02
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://mic.com/articles/156517/3-000-sexual-assault-survivors-tell-the-gop-to-stop-enabling-donald-trump-in-full-page-ad#.wYRC1BzIq
    Where were they when Bill was in office?
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    15 Oct '16 08:28
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Where were they when Bill was in office?
    bill
    is
    NOT
    running
    for
    president
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    15 Oct '16 08:30
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Where were they when Bill was in office?
    probably hiding due to even bigger sexism than today.

    you don't get to question WHEN a rape/sexual harassment victim comes forward.
  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Oct '16 09:16
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Robbie Carrobe's dishonest as usual.

    "Mrs Clinton had enough on her plate trying to keep ol Bills willy under wraps."
    --Robbie Carrobie

    Robbie Carrobie implies that Hillary Clinton was responsible for how Bill Clinton used his 'willy'.
    No Mrs Clinton was responsible for trying to keep a lid on ol Bills sexual predations. I have never claimed that she was responsible for what he did. You simply made that up.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35902
    15 Oct '16 09:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No Mrs Clinton was responsible for trying to keep a lid on ol Bills sexual predations. I have never claimed that she was responsible for what he did. You simply made that up.
    And Donald Trump is responsible for his own sexual "predations".

    How is this evading you?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35902
    15 Oct '16 09:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Oh dear a rather transparent slight of hand, not very subtle nor very clever. I thought it was clear, I want to hold Mrs Clinton responsible for the way she has treated women.
    Women who slept with her husband. (And yes, I realize I'm using a euphemism.)

    Be honest now, how would you react to men who had slept with your wife while you were married?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35902
    15 Oct '16 09:34
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    oh dear my logically challenged fiend, i am not defending anyone, I am exposing Mrs Clinton as someone who has said things about women that are equally as disturbing as Mr Trump but because you are a Hillary zombie you have only a single perspective and can see nothing else. You are like a bishop of the chessboard which only travels on a single colour and which the French term, le fou (the fool).
    "you have only a single perspective and can see nothing else"

    Well, isn't this the pot calling the kettle black.

    "I am exposing Mrs Clinton as someone who has said things about women that are equally as disturbing as Mr Trump"

    And I am exposing you as someone who fully supports what Trump has done against women. By minimizing what they went through, you are, again, "the pot calling the kettle black". What Trump has said against women pales in comparison to what he has actually done against women. And you are defending his behavior. What does this say about you?
  10. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Oct '16 10:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And Donald Trump is responsible for his own sexual "predations".

    How is this evading you?
    Its not evading me at all and I fully expect that Trump in his megalomania has made some rather unsavoury remarks,
  11. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Oct '16 10:23
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Women who slept with her husband. (And yes, I realize I'm using a euphemism.)

    Be honest now, how would you react to men who had slept with your wife while you were married?
    It would never happen, my wife is from another culture where life partner means a life partner. Indian culture frowns upon even remarriage and many tend to stay single even after the death of their spouse or some other circumstance like separation or divorce. Its a religious and spiritual thing.
  12. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Oct '16 10:353 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    [b]"you have only a single perspective and can see nothing else"

    Well, isn't this the pot calling the kettle black.

    "I am exposing Mrs Clinton as someone who has said things about women that are equally as disturbing as Mr Trump"

    And I am exposing you as someone who fully supports what Trump has done against women. By minimizing ...[text shortened]... actually done against women. And you are defending his behavior. What does this say about you?[/b]
    No its not, I am fully open to criticism of Mr Trump. Infact I was reading an article just the other day which has exposed him as politicising demise of coal industries in places like West Virginia and essentially giving false hope to those who have been adversely affected by this demise in the industry, simply to get their votes. He's a politician like any other.

    I reject your ludicrous text, I have said practically nothing about the allegations alleged against Donald Trump other than to state that there are far greater issues than what he said in a video tape ten years ago. That is minimising nothing nor have I defended his behaviour, you simply made that up. The fact of the matter is that you and Hillary zombies like you have a single mode, hate and attack Donald Trump, we never hear you talk about any issues other than Donald Trump because as I have exposed, its all you have. It says nothing about me, it says plenty about your inability or unwillingness to grapple with reality though, that's why you need to fabricate a reality for yourself.
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    40034
    15 Oct '16 10:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    It would never happen, my wife is from another culture where life partner means a life partner. Indian culture frowns upon even remarriage and many tend to stay single even after the death of their spouse or some other circumstance like separation or divorce. Its a religious and spiritual thing.
    A rather pathetic dodge based on cultural stereotypes that are outdated if they were ever true:

    A survey has revealed that 76% of Indian women and 61% of men don't think that infidelity is a sin or immoral.

    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Most-Indians-feel-infidelity-not-a-sin-Survey/articleshow/44353938.cms
  14. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Oct '16 11:155 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    A rather pathetic dodge based on cultural stereotypes that are outdated if they were ever true:

    A survey has revealed that 76% of Indian women and 61% of men don't think that infidelity is a sin or immoral.

    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Most-Indians-feel-infidelity-not-a-sin-Survey/articleshow/44353938.cms
    Oh dear perhaps your own experience of living in and absorbing Indian culture has been different from mine? Furthermore we were not talking about sin or even infidelity, what we were actually talking about was cultural attitudes to marriage. This is what happens when experts on everything proffer a perspective while sitting in the comfort of some leafy suburb in America! I am reminded of the character of Alden Pyle from the Quiet American, the green and bookish American ideologist who gleans all his values in life from what he reads.
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    40034
    15 Oct '16 11:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Oh dear perhaps your own experience of living in and absorbing Indian culture has been different from mine? Furthermore we were not talking about sin or even infidelity, what we were actually talking about was cultural attitudes to marriage. This is what happens when experts on everything proffer a perspective while sitting in the comfort of some le ...[text shortened]... the green and bookish American ideologist who gleans all his values in life from what he reads.
    Right wingers always deny reality; it is what is expected.

    The "experts" who gave their opinion here were Indian men and women.
Back to Top