Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 17 Oct '12 19:56 / 1 edit
    10 mins ago: WSJ

Foiled Muslim terrorsit attack ?
    Attempted "man-caused disaster" ?
    "Work place violence" ?
    Spontaneous attack over anti-Mohammed video ?

What will the spin be today ?

no1marauder... and the rest , can chime in any time.
  2. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    17 Oct '12 20:31
    Originally posted by utherpendragon

"Work place violence" ?

Are you sure it wasn't Ron Paul?
  3. 17 Oct '12 20:49 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    LOL.
    No. It was a Muslim Bangladeshi national. First heard of it on FOXNEWS. Its funny how the lame stream media is silent thus far. They probably need to see what mediamatters says first before they start up.
  4. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    17 Oct '12 20:50

"Work place violence" ?

Unlike right wingers, I prefer to await some facts.
  5. 17 Oct '12 20:52
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Unlike right wingers, I prefer to await some facts.
    Watch FOXNEWS and get informed before the spin starts no1marauder. They are reporting quotes from the FBI, how the whole scenario played out, his name,etc.
  6. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    17 Oct '12 20:54
    Watch FOXNEWS and get informed before the spin starts no1marauder. They are reporting quotes from the FBI, how the whole scenario played out, his name,etc.
    FoxNews "reporting" is worthless.
  7. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    17 Oct '12 20:59

"Work place violence" ?

It appears to be none of the above; instead it's a government created "crime".http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/17/14514354-man-arrested-in-alleged-plot-to-attack-federal-reserve-in-nyc?lite
  8. 17 Oct '12 21:01
    It appears to be none of the above; instead it's a government created "crime".http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/17/14514354-man-arrested-in-alleged-plot-to-attack-federal-reserve-in-nyc?lite
    LOL. How so ?
  9. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    17 Oct '12 21:06
    LOL. How so ?
    Maybe this wasn't on FoxNews:

An undercover FBI agent posed as an al-Qaida facilitator, supplying him with 20 50-pound bags of what he thought were explosives to use in building his bomb.
  10. 17 Oct '12 21:19 / 2 edits
    Maybe this wasn't on FoxNews:

An undercover FBI agent posed as an al-Qaida facilitator, supplying him with 20 50-pound bags of what he thought were explosives to use in building his bomb.
    It was on FOX. I just wanted to hear you say it ,so to speak.

That being said. Havent these stings been going on for decades ? Not just for terrorist, but for contract killings, sex offenders, drug users and dealers, car jackers ,etc ?

Do you always classify this as "Government created crime"? Or, just in this case ?
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    17 Oct '12 21:47 / 1 edit
    It was on FOX. I just wanted to hear you say it ,so to speak.

That being said. Havent these stings been going on for decades ? Not just for terrorist, but for contract killings, sex offenders, drug users and dealers, car jackers ,etc ?

Do you always classify this as "Government created crime"? Or, just in this case ?
    I think where the government encourages a crime and supplies the means to accomplish it, that it should be entrapment. Sadly, the SCOTUS in the 40s by a 5-4 decision made a contrary judgment. So we see this type of government created crime routinely.

EDIT: Actually the case was decided in 1932 and there were three justices arguing that in entrapment cases: "The applicable principle is that courts must be closed to the trial of a crime instigated by the government's own agents". With this standard I agree, regardless of the defendant's alleged "predisposition".

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=us&vol=287&invol=435
  12. 18 Oct '12 03:58
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Oh that Ron Paul is dangerous. Them doctors with what, the hippocratic oath fanatisicm and him being of the irrational right. Gotta watch them closely. Wasn't he in one of the pictures with Osama in a cave cleaning an AK-47?
  13. 18 Oct '12 04:41

"Work place violence" ?

Or maybe another case of Obama keeping us safe. I don't think I'm the only one who remembers Bush being praised to high Heaven everytime an attack was stopped on his watch

Is it a foiled Muslim terrorist attack you ask? I'm kind of confused here because I get the impression that you're being sarcastic. Was a terrorist attack stopped? Yes? Well then what we have there then is a foiled terrorist attack. Were they Muslims? If they were then yes it would be a foiled Muslim terrorist attack.

About that "workplace violence" the right likes to whine about. First of all it was workplace violence. Those people were shot while they were at work and when you get shot with a gun while you're at work that's workplace violence. Second of all the context in which that phrase was used was totally correct.

http://www.defense.gov/pubs/pdfs/DOD-ProtectingTheForce-Web_Security_HR_13jan10.pdf

The phrase "workplace violence" is used 16 times in the above report and in every single case using the word "terrorism" would be too narrow. The word terrorism is used in this report, when appropriate. In fact it's used about 60 times
  14. 18 Oct '12 04:43
    LOL.
    No. It was a Muslim Bangladeshi national. First heard of it on FOXNEWS. Its funny how the lame stream media is silent thus far. They probably need to see what mediamatters says first before they start up.
    The "lame stream media" is silent on yet another case of Obama keeping us safe?
  15. 18 Oct '12 05:20
    FoxNews "reporting" is worthless.
    You'll change your mind when the UN starts taxing you.