Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 14:56
    Hey, whodey: How's it going? How are the Buckeyes going to do this year? Better than the Reds, I dareday? 😛

Anyway, as you know, I'm not a huge fan of Barack Obama. I voted against him twice (though I'd consider voting for him if he were running this year). But your consistent position about Obama being a left wing radical who is anti-white and anti-law and order has got to be challenged.

So, let's do this:

1. You pledge to read the whole book "The Audacity of Hope". It's a short book and is available on Amazon used for as little as 1 cent plus shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/Audacity-Hope-Thoughts-Reclaiming-American/dp/0307237702/

If you don't want to dig a few bucks out of your pocket, I'm sure you can get it at your local library (you can wear dark sunglasses when you check it out if you don't want to be spotted with it).

2. In exchange, I will read one nut job think tank book of your choice of comparable length. Any author you like. Pat Buchanan, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Niccolo Machiavelli... whatever you like.

Then let's come back here and you can tell me that you still think Obama hates white people and the police or that maybe you want to re-think it and I'll be better prepared to discuss your worldview.

Deal?
  2. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 15:02
    Originally posted by sh76
    Hey, whodey: How's it going? How are the Buckeyes going to do this year? Better than the Reds, I dareday? 😛

Anyway, as you know, I'm not a huge fan of Barack Obama. I voted against him twice (though I'd consider voting for him if he were running this year). But your consistent position about Obama being a left wing radical who is anti-white and anti-law an ...[text shortened]... at maybe you want to re-think it and I'll be better prepared to discuss your worldview.

Deal?
    A nice example of openness and civility. I like it.
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 18:22

Anyway, as you know, I'm not a huge fan of Barack Obama. I voted against him twice (though I'd consider voting for him if he were running this year). But your consistent position about Obama being a left wing radical who is anti-white and anti-law an ...[text shortened]... at maybe you want to re-think it and I'll be better prepared to discuss your worldview.

Deal?
    A comparable "nut job" book?

Does this mean a book as nutty as The Audacity of Hope? I'm not sure if this is what you're implying, or if it means you've made up your mind before the challenge is (or is not) accepted. 😕😛😉
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 20:074 edits

Deal?
    When did I ever say that Obama hates white people? Most of what politicians say is pure BS, or do you disagree?

What I said was, Obama race baits because it is politically expedient. Everyone in his party does it, many of which have said many racists things in the past like Harry Reid referring to Obama as a light skinned negro with a white dialect and the Clintons joking that Obama would have been serving them tea 10 years ago instead of beating them for the White House. Of course, no one ever considers them as being racist because they have a big "D" by their name.

Obama grew up apart from main stream racism, being raised by white parents in Hawaii in a Middle Class home. I think in large part he has bought into the notion that the US is racist, even though they elected him twice to the highest office, something he nor any other race baiter seems to want to acknowledge.

Racism as a whole is not as big an issue as it used to be, but somehow race relation have continued to deteriorate for some reason under Obama. Why? Or perhaps you don't agree.

To be honest, I have no real interest in reading his book and would not even pay on cent to read it. Perhaps if I saw it at a library I might consider the challenge, but I'm not even sure if I could bring myself to order it at the library if I did not see it available on the rack.

To be honest, my time if far too valuable to me to read his book and reading it would probably only aggravate me more.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 20:134 edits
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    A comparable "nut job" book?

Does this mean a book as nutty as The Audacity of Hope? I'm not sure if this is what you're implying, or if it means you've made up your mind before the challenge is (or is not) accepted. 😕😛😉
    Sh 76 has taken the position that Obama and the rest of the establishment is main stream and I'm a nutcase as well as any Conservative that may have written a book.

So be it,.

Enjoy the $40 trillion debt in a few years sh! It would also behoove you to learn Spanish and Arabic 😵
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 20:551 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Sh 76 has taken the position that Obama and the rest of the establishment is main stream and I'm a nutcase as well as any Conservative that may have written a book.

So be it,.

Enjoy the $40 trillion debt in a few years sh! It would also behoove you to learn Spanish and Arabic 😵
    The nut job line was a wisecrack.

Anyway, I don't think you're a nutcase, whodey, just excessively cynical and partisan and willing to swallow almost anything that confirms your pre-existing views.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 22:506 edits

Anyway, I don't think you're a nutcase, whodey, just excessively cynical and partisan and willing to swallow almost anything that confirms your pre-existing views.
    Partisan? So I'm a "W" fan am I? I reeeeeally like McCain do I? I've said repeatedly that Trump was a Hillary plant

Hell, half the GOP is voting Hillary.

Really I think nothing has changed, it's just that things are clearer now. The GOP is a train wreck, now we only have one party.

Enjoy. After all, it seemed to work great for the former USSR.

Just out of curiosity, the US is about to elect the most corrupt and inept Presidents in US history and you tell me I'm cynical?

What gives? You say that we need more tolerance, I say we have too much tolerance.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Oct '16 12:25
    So Whodey, what did you think of Obama's book?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Oct '16 14:06
    Originally posted by vivify
    So Whodey, what did you think of Obama's book?
    Obama who? The name seems vaguely familiar.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '16 14:06

Wrong!

Only a nut job would want to:

1. End open borders
    2. Pass a budget
    3. Not run massive deficits.
    4. Prohibit abortion in any way

You can't fix crazy sh. 🙄
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '16 15:27
    Originally posted by whodey
    Partisan? So I'm a "W" fan am I? I reeeeeally like McCain do I? I've said repeatedly that Trump was a Hillary plant

Hell, half the GOP is voting Hillary.

Really I think nothing has changed, it's just that things are clearer now. The GOP is a train wreck, now we only have one party.

Enjoy. After all, it seemed to work great for the former USSR. ...[text shortened]... cynical?

What gives? You say that we need more tolerance, I say we have too much tolerance.
    "... willing to swallow almost anything that confirms your pre-existing views."

To some extent we are all infected with that virus.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '16 16:212 edits
    Originally posted by JS357
    "... willing to swallow almost anything that confirms your pre-existing views."

To some extent we are all infected with that virus.
    No, it's just me.

I also forgot to mention I used to believe in a free market.

What was I thinking? 🙄

Save me Hillary! 😲

Any idiot there is no freedom in free trade. It should be called, anti-free free trade!!