Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    01 Dec '15 00:35
    22 Times Obama Admin Declared Climate Change a Greater Threat than Terrorism

    http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/14/22-times-obama-admin-declared-climate-change-greater-threat-terrorism/

    Obama Says He’ll Rebuke ISIS By Talking About Climate Change

    http://thefederalist.com/2015/11/24/obama-says-hell-rebuke-isis-by-talking-about-climate-change/

    Combating climate change will prove to be a rebuttal of terrorist efforts, President Barack Obama declared at the opening of a major climate summit in Paris.

    His message to the more than 150 world leaders gathered at the le Bourget summit site: confronting climate change will prove a powerful antidote to nihilistic terrorist worldviews.


    http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/30/politics/obama-climate-summit-a-rejection-of-terror/
  2. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    01 Dec '15 03:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]22 Times Obama Admin Declared Climate Change a Greater Threat than Terrorism

    http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/14/22-times-obama-admin-declared-climate-change-greater-threat-terrorism/

    Obama Says He’ll Rebuke ISIS By Talking About Climate Change

    http://thefederalist.com/2015/11/24/obama-says-hell-rebuke-isis-by-talking-ab ...[text shortened]... views.[/b]

    http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/30/politics/obama-climate-summit-a-rejection-of-terror/[/b]
    It is easy to deflect blame for Climate change Obama can blame anyone he wants, while
    at the same time if the focus is ISIS he exposes himself to be blamed for choices he makes.

    On top of that, through Climate change big government becomes bigger.

    It is the best of both worlds from his perspective.
  3. 01 Dec '15 03:56
    Some days I think the world has gone mad but then I study history and learn its always been that way.
  4. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    01 Dec '15 04:58 / 1 edit
    Bill O'Reilly: Is President Barack Obama delusional?
    Bill O'Reilly's Talking Points Nov 16, 2015

    http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2015/11/17/bill-oreilly-is-president-barack-obama-delusional/

    “That’s delusional for President Obama, Hillary Clinton or anyone else to say that climate change is the biggest security threat,” Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina told “Fox News Sunday.”

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/29/fiorina-obama-delusional-about-magnitude-climate-change-as-security-threat.html

    Trump: President Obama is 'delusional'

    Published on Aug 2, 2012

    YouTube
  5. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    01 Dec '15 05:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]22 Times Obama Admin Declared Climate Change a Greater Threat than Terrorism

    http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/14/22-times-obama-admin-declared-climate-change-greater-threat-terrorism/

    Obama Says He’ll Rebuke ISIS By Talking About Climate Change

    http://thefederalist.com/2015/11/24/obama-says-hell-rebuke-isis-by-talking-ab ...[text shortened]... views.[/b]

    http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/30/politics/obama-climate-summit-a-rejection-of-terror/[/b]
    Any room full of reasonable grownups would accept that climate change is a far more serious threat to humanity than a rather small group of religious extremists.

    Of course this doesn't apply to a bunch of partisan shills interested in maintaining elite economic dominance at whatever cost nor to those wishing to conduct a Holy War.
  6. 01 Dec '15 06:24
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    It is easy to deflect blame for Climate change Obama can blame anyone he wants, while at the same time if the focus is ISIS he exposes himself to be blamed for choices he makes.
    The issue is not what the focus is, the issue is which is a bigger threat. Obama is clearly right.

    On top of that, through Climate change big government becomes bigger.
    Huh? Maybe you meant 'through certain actions taken to combat climate change'?

    It is the best of both worlds from his perspective.
    Its also the truth.
  7. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    01 Dec '15 09:11
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]Bill O'Reilly: Is President Barack Obama delusional?
    Bill O'Reilly's Talking Points Nov 16, 2015

    http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2015/11/17/bill-oreilly-is-president-barack-obama-delusional/

    “That’s delusional for President Obama, Hillary Clinton or anyone else to say that climate change is the biggest security threat,” Republican preside ...[text shortened]... esident Obama is 'delusional'

    Published on Aug 2, 2012

    [youtube]X8s3-7d5g_Q[/youtube][/b]
    Fox News
    Carly Florina
    Trump

    All label Obama delusional.

    Another insightful contrition to the debate.

    Not

    RJH consisently promotes the most absurd, irrational and twisted nonsense available.
  8. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    01 Dec '15 10:35
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Fox News
    Carly Florina
    Trump

    All label Obama delusional.

    Another insightful contrition to the debate.

    Not

    RJH consisently promotes the most absurd, irrational and twisted nonsense available.
    All I have to say to that is that finnegan is a doofus.
  9. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    01 Dec '15 12:58
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    All I have to say to that is that finnegan is a doofus.
    Not a lot to say then? We should be so lucky.
  10. 01 Dec '15 16:26
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Any room full of reasonable grownups would accept that climate change is a far more serious threat to humanity than a rather small group of religious extremists.

    Of course this doesn't apply to a bunch of partisan shills interested in maintaining elite economic dominance at whatever cost nor to those wishing to conduct a Holy War.
    Sure. In the last few decades, the chicken littles have gone from predictions of an Ice Age, to Global Warming, to now Climate Change, when they all know that there isn't a thing they can do to alter the climate. We can only adapt to it.
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    01 Dec '15 20:13
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Sure. In the last few decades, the chicken littles have gone from predictions of an Ice Age, to Global Warming, to now Climate Change, when they all know that there isn't a thing they can do to alter the climate. We can only adapt to it.
    Chicken Little's error was in believing the sky was falling when it was not. The same error is not present among the scientists describing the reality of climate change.

    I reject right wing appraisals that nothing can be done based merely on the fact that they don't want anything done to discomfort the economic elite who are able to force negative externalities on everyone else that the vast majority have to pay for in one way or another.
  12. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    01 Dec '15 20:17
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Any room full of reasonable grownups would accept that climate change is a far more serious threat to humanity than a rather small group of religious extremists.
    If and when those religious extremists get their hands on nuclear weapons, that calculus may change somewhat.
  13. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    01 Dec '15 20:25
    Originally posted by sh76
    If and when those religious extremists get their hands on nuclear weapons, that calculus may change somewhat.
    Doubtful even if they do. But it's good to see GW's excuse for attacking Iraq be resurrected as an excuse to attack Syria and wherever religious extremists of a certain sort are found. There is a virtue in consistency even if it lacks imagination.
  14. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    01 Dec '15 21:20 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    If and when those religious extremists get their hands on nuclear weapons, that calculus may change somewhat.
    Oh be fair - Israel has not done much with their nuclear weapons so far. Assuming they are on submarines, they will also survive rising sea levels. Their other weapons are a bigger problem but as always, the problem is never the technology, it is the people behind the technology.

    As for the USA, RJHines claims to have had a career in the American military and we have to wonder at the religious convictions of others in that mad monstor, given the apparent religious delusions of the American population generally. The delusions of the commander in chief, of course, can be positively alarming. I am not sure that alcoholic delusional evangelical Bush Jr was as bad as some of his possible successors coming along the line.
  15. 02 Dec '15 00:14
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Any room full of reasonable grownups would accept that climate change is a far more serious threat to humanity than a rather small group of religious extremists.

    Of course this doesn't apply to a bunch of partisan shills interested in maintaining elite economic dominance at whatever cost nor to those wishing to conduct a Holy War.
    Has a single person died of climate change? Humans have generally adapted to changes in climate, and in general the change that is most often threatening is cooling, not warming. When Greenland's climate warmed, many immigrated to farm there. When it changed back, people left.

    Seriously, I don't know of any reasonable grownups that accept the climate change fear mongering as a legitimate issue.