Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1407
    04 Jul '18 17:421 edit
    Many Conservatives I know are blue collar white males who spend a lot of time in their car or truck listening to folks like Rush Limbaugh lecturing them about those "lazy, unemployed welfare sucking, pot smoking Liberals who lay around on their backs and want free stuff" As it turns out, it is red states that are overwhelmingly the Welfare Queen States. Yes, that's right. Red States — the ones governed by folks who think government is too big and spending needs to be cut — are a net drain on the economy, taking in more federal spending than they pay out in federal taxes. They talk a good game, but stick Blue States with the bill.

    This is by no means the whole story, when you add the cost of corporate welfare, that is subsidizing the Fortune 500 companies in America, the situation is even more one sided. Sorry Conservatives, it's you that are feeding at the taxpayer trough, not the Liberals.

    Conservatives - I'd ask you to read these articles before crying "fake news" but fear that would be too much to ask.

    http://www.businessinsider.com/red-states-are-welfare-queens-2011-8

    https://www.inc.com/john-white/how-corporate-welfare-is-killing-small-businesses.html
  2. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    22123
    04 Jul '18 18:09
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Many Conservatives I know are blue collar white males who spend a lot of time in their car or truck listening to folks like Rush Limbaugh lecturing them about those "lazy, unemployed welfare sucking, pot smoking Liberals who lay around on their backs and want free stuff" As it turns out, it is red states that are overwhelmingly the Welfare Queen States. Yes, ...[text shortened]... -2011-8

    https://www.inc.com/john-white/how-corporate-welfare-is-killing-small-businesses.html
    Incredible!
    That makes perfect sense. What ballz!.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Jul '18 18:35
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Many Conservatives I know are blue collar white males who spend a lot of time in their car or truck listening to folks like Rush Limbaugh lecturing them about those "lazy, unemployed welfare sucking, pot smoking Liberals who lay around on their backs and want free stuff" As it turns out, it is red states that are overwhelmingly the Welfare Queen States. Yes, ...[text shortened]... -2011-8

    https://www.inc.com/john-white/how-corporate-welfare-is-killing-small-businesses.html
    I'm confused, I thought the GOP were evil white rich men.

    Are you telling me that it is the exact opposite? Are the evil white rich men Dims?
  4. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1407
    04 Jul '18 18:39
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I'm confused, I thought the GOP were evil white rich men.

    Are you telling me that it is the exact opposite? Are the evil white rich men Dims?
    Once again your talent for oversimplification is on full display Whodey. Please bother to read the links before responding, in this way you won't sound quite as foolish. 🙂
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52853
    04 Jul '18 19:45
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Once again your talent for oversimplification is on full display Whodey. Please bother to read the links before responding, in this way you won't sound quite as foolish. 🙂
    Is that at all possible?
Back to Top