Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 18 Aug '10 13:36
    The parent corporation just gave 1 million dollars to the Republican Governor's Re-election Fund. Isn't this conclusive proof that Corporations control America? Wake up, America, while you still have freedom! Fascism is on the march!
  2. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    18 Aug '10 14:10 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    The parent corporation just gave 1 million dollars to the Republican Governor's Re-election Fund. Isn't this conclusive proof that Corporations control America? Wake up, America, while you still have freedom! Fascism is on the march!
    In other news, the Earth is round, solid objects tend to fall downwards when dropped and people don't go to Hooters for the food.

3. 18 Aug '10 15:30
    Originally posted by sh76
    In other news, the Earth is round, solid objects tend to fall downwards when dropped and people don't go to Hooters for the food.

Why wasn't I informed of all this?
  4. Standard member DrKF
    incipit parodia
    18 Aug '10 15:43
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why wasn't I informed of all this?
    Because it's information found outwith your usual reading matter, perhaps?
  5. 18 Aug '10 15:46
    I say we need to mobilize the left and put a Marxist in the White House. To mask his Marxism we should pick a black man and then field any attacks on him as being racist.

Who is with me?
  6. Standard member DrKF
    incipit parodia
    18 Aug '10 15:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    I say we need to mobilize the left and put a Marxist in the White House. To mask his Marxism we should pick a black man and then field any attacks on him as being racist.

Who is with me?
    With the US flooded with millions of semi-literate teabagger racists and half-mad conspiracy-nuts, that would make for an interesting contrast.
  7. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    18 Aug '10 15:50
    Originally posted by DrKF
    With the US flooded with millions of semi-literate teabagger racists and half-mad conspiracy-nuts, that would make for an interesting contrast.
    Hey!

It's "semi-literate teapartier racists"
  8. Standard member DrKF
    incipit parodia
    18 Aug '10 15:51
    Originally posted by sh76
    Hey!

It's "semi-literate tea[b]partier
    racists" [/b]
    I thought this was ill-tempered say-what-you-want day...
  9. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    18 Aug '10 15:54
    I thought this was ill-tempered say-what-you-want day...
    Touché
  10. 18 Aug '10 17:14
    Laughable. It seems obvious now that you're eager to be the left-wing equivalent of whodey around here, while he shouts "marxist!" you shout "fascists!".
  11. 18 Aug '10 17:22
    It's a strange move, considering Fox News' ratings are higher if there are Democrats to bash you'd figure they'd support Democrats instead.
  12. 18 Aug '10 17:32
    If you sounded anymore ignorant it would be scary.

"Stereotypes, they're convenient, often catchy. But not necessarily true."

"A new Gallup Poll out this morning of 1,033 finds nothing fringe about self-proclaimed Tea Party adherents; they are slightly more likely to be employed, male and definitely more conservative. But otherwise Gallup's Lydia Saad writes, "their age, educational background, employment status, and race -- Tea Partiers are quite representative of the public at large."

"Now, comes a pair of polls, including Gallup, that paint a revealing detailed portrait of Tea Party supporters in most ways as pretty average Americans. A Sunday poll -- actually three national phone surveys of 1,000 registered voters -- found that 17% of all polled, or more than 500, called themselves "part of the Tea Party movement."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/04/tea-party-obama.html
  13. 18 Aug '10 17:44
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    [b]If you sounded anymore ignorant it would be scary.

"Stereotypes, they're convenient, often catchy. But not necessarily true."

"A new Gallup Poll out this morning of 1,033 finds nothing fringe about self-proclaimed Tea Party adherents; they are slightly more likely to be employed, male and definitely more conservative. But otherwise Gallu ...[text shortened]... movement."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/04/tea-party-obama.html[/b]
    Tea Partiers are quite representative of the public at large."
    Considering this conclusion stated by the website the only reasonable assumption to make is that perhaps the public at large is paranoid and politically illiterate, this isn't at all shocking, in every society there are uneducated peons and these are always the majority.
  14. 18 Aug '10 18:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    [b]Tea Partiers are quite representative of the public at large."
    Considering this conclusion stated by the website the only reasonable assumption to make is that perhaps the public at large is paranoid and politically illiterate, this isn't at all shocking, in every society there are uneducated peons and these are always the majority.[/b]
    so you are saying (if you agree w/drkf) "that the American public at large are "semi-literate racists and half-mad conspiracy-nuts".
  15. 18 Aug '10 18:22
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    so you are saying (if you agree w/drkf) "that the American public at large are "semi-literate racists and half-mad conspiracy-nuts".
    Isn't that true for the public at large in any country?