1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 19:361 edit
    @wildgrass said
    @AverageJoe1

Right. All over the news. Why's the lamestream media still harping on the Green New Deal when everyone knows that's got nothing to do with it? They're like "yeah windmills didn't cause THIS disaster, but.... they're still bad right?"

Was it Rush Limbaugh who came up with the idea of deflecting blame over honesty? Who had the most authentically Rush Limbau ...[text shortened]... g that if they had a choice, Texans would rather freeze to death than have a functioning government.
    did they ever get the emergency declaration the asked for? or had biden not woke up yet?
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 19:40
    @mott-the-hoople said
    Same day biden took a snow day off, called a lid early yesterday morning.

Tell me what a senator can do, what power does he have to help in this situation?
    Does Biden go on fox news to own every lib who goes on vacation like Ted Cruz does?

I don't mind the vacation. But if you make criticizing Democrats for their vacation plans a focal point of your entire career then don't be surprised if it comes back to bite you.
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 22:48
    @wildgrass said
    You're projecting. Yall isn't me.

While I don't mind he went on vacation, I think Cruz deserves the criticism. He is one of a handful of politicians who repeatedly slams other politicians for going on vacation during crises. He likes doing that instead of governing because it's easier and gets him cheap points with constituents. Look at me, owning the libs while the worl ...[text shortened]... d when the whole house of cards falls down, blame the East Coast elite? Pssh. That's not patriotism.
    He travelled to be sure his daughter was safe, That is what conservatives do. They do not want some liberal in her face at the airport or somebody with a parade sign hassling her and telling her that that they want her to do something that is none of their business.
    He is protecting his child. With your very post here, you are telling Cruz what to do. Jesus
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 22:56
    @averagejoe1 said
    He is protecting his child.
    He's teaching his child to run away from responsibility.
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 22:59
    @wildgrass said
    Does Biden go on fox news to own every lib who goes on vacation like Ted Cruz does?

I don't mind the vacation. But if you make criticizing Democrats for their vacation plans a focal point of your entire career then don't be surprised if it comes back to bite you.
    you failed to answer my question, why? heres another chance.

"Tell me what a senator can do, what power does he have to help in this situation?"
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 22:59
    @handyandy said
    He's teaching his child to run away from responsibility.
    like joe taught hunter? LOL
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 23:32
    @mott-the-hoople said

"Tell me what a senator can do, what power does he have to help in this situation?"
    Wont happen. They just dont. Send him your favorite barbecue recipe, yall can chat.
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 23:35
    @mott-the-hoople said
    like joe taught hunter? LOL
    you dare engage Handy? His arguments always prevail. But don't throw him an analogy, you will never get back to the points. If you say a man from Mars landed in your yard and wondered what we are thinking when we are suggesting supporting our neighbor's child's tuition, he will say "A martian did not land in your back yard!!"
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 00:36
    @mott-the-hoople said

AOC raised a million dollars. But she isn't a texan senator i guess.
    Beto o'rourke organized volunteers to help the elderly. He isn't a texan senator either.

So i guess you're right, texan senators are useless, nothing that could be done. By a texan senator named Cruz. Plenty that could have been done if you're a human being with a conscience and a will to help people.

But since he isn't, i guess he could have done the bare minimum and not go on vacation to somewhere sunny to mock the people he represents. Oh? He didn't do even that?
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 00:391 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    He travelled to be sure his daughter was safe, That is what conservatives do. They do not want some liberal in her face at the airport or somebody with a parade sign hassling her and telling her that that they want her to do something that is none of their business.
    He is protecting his child. With your very post here, you are telling Cruz what to do. Jesus
    "He travelled to be sure his daughter was safe, That is what conservatives do"
    Aww so sweet. Instead of, you know, cancelling the trip.
    "They do not want some liberal in her face at the airport or somebody with a parade sign hassling her and telling her that that they want her to do something that is none of their business."
    Give it a rest. Nobody cares about his children except to feel sorry for them for having him as a father. A father that blamed that trip on his kids, as if they are the adults and he isn't respondinlble for his actions.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 01:17
    @zahlanzi said
    "He travelled to be sure his daughter was safe, That is what conservatives do"
    Aww so sweet. Instead of, you know, cancelling the trip.
    "They do not want some liberal in her face at the airport or somebody with a parade sign hassling her and telling her that that they want her to do something that is none of their business."
    Give it a rest. Nobody cares about his childre ...[text shortened]... blamed that trip on his kids, as if they are the adults and he isn't respondinlble for his actions.
    Did you see what some guy named Tenemouk said over on Biden Fails in Fredzing Texas, that countries do not care if they are the best, that they would not seek excellence for their citizens?
    You boys have some strange bedfellows . I can’t imsgine knowing a loser like that.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 05:42
    @wildgrass said
    @AverageJoe1

Right. All over the news. Why's the lamestream media still harping on the Green New Deal when everyone knows that's got nothing to do with it? They're like "yeah windmills didn't cause THIS disaster, but.... they're still bad right?"

Was it Rush Limbaugh who came up with the idea of deflecting blame over honesty? Who had the most authentically Rush Limbau ...[text shortened]... g that if they had a choice, Texans would rather freeze to death than have a functioning government.
    4. Trump blames the "Democrat governor" on Fox News.
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 10:31
    @mott-the-hoople said

He can kick some ass in the hope it gets the thing fixed ASAP
    He can turn up at a relief / emergency centre and roll his sleeves up.
    He can show some solidarity instead of running away and hiding behind his daughters skirts.
    But we are talking about the kind of maggot that lets a turd like trump insult his wife and responds by kissing his butt.
    Republican tuff guys are a mythological creature.
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 13:41
    @kevcvs57 said
    He can show some solidarity instead of running away and hiding behind his daughters skirts.
    But we are talking about the kind of maggot that lets a turd like trump insult his wife and responds by kissing his butt.
    But keep in mind MANY scientists say in 100 years the climate might 'change' , but less than 1%. So let us grow our world, with properly managed fossil fuels and , (sorry libs), be America First. Biden, you know, is for America Last.
    I might start a thread on that.

9sorry, libs
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 15:02
    @kevcvs57 said
    so you admit Cruz, as a senator can not do anything to help the millions affected?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree