1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 19:27
    @wildgrass said
    Texas. How are liberal policies killing people in Texas? I'd hope you don't need crayons for that, you wrote it pretty matter-of-factly.
    the crayons are for your benefit.
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 20:071 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    the crayons are for your benefit.
    I'm good over here in reality. Thanks anyway, though.

Let me know if you think of anything, you know, related to our conversation. Anything non-crayon related that could address my question.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 21:27
    @wildgrass said

Let me know if you think of anything, you know, related to our conversation. Anything non-crayon related that could address my question.
    just sitting here thinking about that ONE windmill powering all of Antarctica. 😂
  4. Joined
    13 Feb '21
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 21:28
    Ya that part made me laugh too
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 21:34
    @wildgrass said

"I'm good over here in reality."
    Facts from reality don't translate well to coockoolanders?

He saw some pictures of frozen wind turbines and he made up his mind. Also someone told him AOC is to blame and he didn't bother to ask why would a NY rep be responsible for what happened in Texas with an infrastructure that is how many years old exactly?
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 21:39
    https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1361902402568355841?s=19
  7. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 22:29
    @zahlanzi said
    "I'm good over here in reality."
    Facts from reality don't translate well to coockoolanders?

He saw some pictures of frozen wind turbines and he made up his mind. Also someone told him AOC is to blame and he didn't bother to ask why would a NY rep be responsible for what happened in Texas with an infrastructure that is how many years old exactly?
    LOL. Do they really not understand that windmills work in cold weather?
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 23:01
    @wildgrass said
    ”We should have learned our energy lessons from Germany. In the early 2000s, the Germans went all in on green energy and largely abandoned fossil fuels. It caused massive price spikes throughout the country, and manufacturing began to leave for nations with much lower power costs. Germany wisely ditched the all-in green energy movement. Now as a polar vortex has hit Europe, the German are getting much of their energy from ... coal.”

https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/539004-as-nation-freezes-fossil-fuels-are-keeping-the-lights-and-heat-on?fbclid=IwAR2JuyNzgnNkFfhXjk7vxtfFGnxsIFkBNqRr05O4_d1DykInUJTfIQhhBxc
  9. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 23:171 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    ”We should have learned our energy lessons from Germany. In the early 2000s, the Germans went all in on green energy and largely abandoned fossil fuels. It caused massive price spikes throughout the country, and manufacturing began to leave for nations with much lower power costs. Germany wisely ditched the all-in green energy movement. Now as a polar vortex has hit E ...[text shortened]... -keeping-the-lights-and-heat-on?fbclid=IwAR2JuyNzgnNkFfhXjk7vxtfFGnxsIFkBNqRr05O4_d1DykInUJTfIQhhBxc
    Um, what does that have to do with the problem in Texas?

Proof that Green Energy is not ready for prime time? It is just a lie. If you buy a car and forget to add antifreeze its not the car's fault. This was user error.
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 23:521 edit
    @wildgrass said
    Um, what does that have to do with the problem in Texas?

Proof that Green Energy is not ready for prime time? It is just a lie. If you buy a car and forget to add antifreeze its not the car's fault. This was user error.
    Reserve (emergency) coal supplies are stacked up for a 90-period in Texas. What would you fellers think we should stack for a 90- day period. Can someone answer this question? Not Duchess, she asks questions,, but does nor answer them. No credence.
    So what would you guys (and girls) stockpile for an emergency? 90 days worth, such as that.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '21 00:04
    @wildgrass said
    noooo, how could they if he saw a picture of a frozen windmill? the obvious conclusion is that every windmill all over the world freezes as soon as temperatures dip below zero. It's common knowledge you only build wind turbines in tropical weather, everyone knows that.

It can't possibly be because someone up the chain skimped on costs (like they skimped on winterizing pipes) and just slapped a windmill together. That would be almost too logical.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Feb '21 00:061 edit
    @AverageJoe1
    Why 90 day? Why not 6 months or a year? Or ONE month?
    I have a generator but it runs out of fuel in a few hours which means you have to have a significant amount of gasoline to keep running even one DAY much less three months.

Sweden teaches Texas how to do wind in the winter:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/sweden-shows-texas-how-to-keep-turbines-going-in-icy-weather/ar-BB1dJtjT?ocid=msedgntp
  13. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    18 Feb '21 00:21
    Canada handles cold weather just fine
    windmills and all
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '21 01:101 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '21 01:26
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The US is constrained to using paid labor.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree