Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    09 Apr '15 18:04
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Seems someone in South Carolina took your advice. Eight shots in the back of a black man. I wonder if he will get donations.
    The invention of cellphone cameras was a tough break for Southern, white police officers.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    09 Apr '15 18:38
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Seems someone in South Carolina took your advice. Eight shots in the back of a black man. I wonder if he will get donations.
    Of course!

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-32226584

However, so far only $300 (according to the article) has been collected in support of cold-blooded murder. Political correctness wins again, despite FishHead and Eladar's $150 contributions.
  3. Garner, NC
    Moves
    09 Apr '15 18:55
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The invention of cellphone cameras was a tough break for Southern, white police officers.
    If I made such a blanket disparaging statement against a particular race, I'd probably get banned from the forums.

All the southern white police officers I've known would more likely be vindicated from cell phone cameras.

Unfortunately, the three known to me or my family who were killed in the line of duty all happened before cell phone cameras. Otherwise their killers might have had less of a chance of getting off in court.
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    09 Apr '15 19:08
    Originally posted by techsouth
    If I made such a blanket disparaging statement against a particular race, I'd probably get banned from the forums.

All the southern white police officers I've known would more likely be vindicated from cell phone cameras.

Unfortunately, the three known to me or my family who were killed in the line of duty all happened before cell phone cameras. Otherwise their killers might have had less of a chance of getting off in court.
    Do tell: how many accused cop killers get acquitted in Southern courts?

Of course, you would have believed this police officer's story absent the cellphone video.
  5. Garner, NC
    Moves
    09 Apr '15 19:13

Of course, you would have believed this police officer's story absent the cellphone video.

How often does one kill a cop in the line of duty? It's hard to even imagine a scenario.

And somehow you know this to be true in spite of the fact we've never met. I suppose in your mind, I'm the one inclined to judge people by superficial characteristics such as skin color, and you're the open minded one.
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    09 Apr '15 19:54
    Originally posted by techsouth
    [b]Do tell: how many accused cop killers get acquitted in Southern courts?

How often does one kill a cop in the line of duty? It's hard to even imagine a scenario.

And somehow you know this to be true in spite of the fact we've never met. I su ...[text shortened]... judge people by superficial characteristics such as skin color, and you're the open minded one.[/b]
    Non sequitur. Cops get killed in the line of duty but you were implying that their killers get freed by the courts. I asked you how many times that happens in the South and naturally you dodged that question.

You've posted enough on this site for me to know what your knee jerk judgment is in such matters.
  7. Garner, NC
    Moves
    09 Apr '15 20:18
    Non sequitur. Cops get killed in the line of duty but you were implying that their killers get freed by the courts. I asked you how many times that happens in the South and naturally you dodged that question.

You've posted enough on this site for me to know what your knee jerk judgment is in such matters.
    I implied no such thing.

If anything, I merely point out that video evidence can cut both ways, in both cases where the cop did the killing and when the cop was killed. Secondly, that police work is very dangerous for the cops and perhaps overall stats can be examined with that in mind.

As far as my "knee jerk" judgements go, I don't guess we're going to see a day where you consider the possibility that you've got your own myopia?

I've generally tried to debate the points as if each case were distinct. You make statements about how cell phone cameras are a bad break for southern white cops. Tell me, are you fit to be on a jury where a southern white man is the accused? You demonstrate a whole lot of prejudice for someone who is so quick to accuse me of prejudice.
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    09 Apr '15 22:21
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Of course!

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-32226584

However, so far only $300 (according to the article) has been collected in support of cold-blooded murder. Political correctness wins again, despite FishHead and Eladar's $150 contributions.
    Progress is being made; over $1,000 now. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/michael-t-slager-support-fund
  9. Germany
    Moves
    10 Apr '15 05:40
    Progress is being made; over $1,000 now. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/michael-t-slager-support-fund
    Damn, I knew I shouldn't have posted that link on these forums...
  10. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    11 Apr '15 22:36
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Damn, I knew I shouldn't have posted that link on these forums...
    Shot yourself in the foot?