Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 12 Jan '17 00:34
    http://www.timesofisrael.com/plurality-of-jewish-israelis-want-to-expel-arabs-study-shows/

"Nearly half of Jewish Israelis want to expel Arabs, survey shows:
    Pew study finds 79% believe Jews should get preferential treatment over Arab citizens;"

On the question of whether Israel should expel all Arabs (whether Palestinians
    under Israeli military occupation or Arab citizens), 48% (a plurality) of
    Israeli Jews said 'yes, 46% said 'no', and the other 6% were undecided.

79% of Israeli Jews believe that Jewish citizens deserve preferential
    treatment in law and policy over the non-Jewish citizens of Israel.
    These Jews reject the principle of equal treatment under the law in a democracy.

Israel always has been a fundamentally racist Jewish supremacist state.
    Given the election of the fanatically pro-Israeli racist Donald Trump as
    the US President, it seems increasingly likely that Israel's hard right-wing
    government may attempt to implement the 'transfer' (Israeli Jewish euphemism
    for the mass expulsion and killing) of Arabs from all land under Israel's control.
    I would expect the USA to condone an Israeli genocide of the Palestinians.
  2. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    12 Jan '17 04:27 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    http://www.timesofisrael.com/plurality-of-jewish-israelis-want-to-expel-arabs-study-shows/

"Nearly half of Jewish Israelis want to expel Arabs, survey shows:
    Pew study finds 79% believe Jews should get preferential treatment over Arab citizens;"

On the question of whether Israel should expel all Arabs (whether Palestinians
    under Israeli military oc ...[text shortened]... er Israel's control.
    I would expect the USA to condone an Israeli genocide of the Palestinians.

Thank You for telling us what we already know. On the other hand, the Arab states surrounding Israel have always been fair and accepting of Jews and the State of Israel, right?? You have a habit of reporting only one side of the story Duchess.
  3. 12 Jan '17 11:08
    Originally posted by mchill

Thank You for telling us what we already know. On the other hand, the Arab states surrounding Israel have always been fair and accepting of Jews and the State of Israel, right?? You have a habit of reporting only one side of the story Duchess.
    Warm up the ovens. Duchess is in town.
  4. 12 Jan '17 20:13 / 4 edits
    Originally posted by mchill

The ignorant and prejudiced Mchill spews more nonsense.

"Thank You for telling us what we already know."
    --Mchill

In fact, about all American politicians deny that Israel's ever been a fundamentally racist
    Jewish supremacist state and insist that Israel's 'the only democracy in the Middle East',
    which always has treated every citizen (Jewish or non-Jewish) with absolute equality.
    And the dominant US media reinforces that absurdly false pro-Israeli narrative.

The ignorant Mchill also insists upon completely disregarding the historical context.
    Until the rise of Zionism, Jews were significantly more accepted in the Muslim lands
    (which belonged to the Ottoman Empire until 1918) in the region. Some Jews fled
    from persecution in Christian Europe to the sanctuary of these Muslim societies.
    Contrary to an Israeli propaganda claim (which most Americans seem to swallow), there
    have not been two thousand years of 'undying hatred' by Arabs or Muslims against Jews.

Avi Shlaim's an Israeli Jewish historian whose parents were Jews from Iraq.
    He has written that his parents were 'very nostalgic' about their lives in Iraq, adding
    that there were no serious problems for Jews in Iraq until the founding of Israel.
    The state of Israel did its utmost to encourage Jews in Arab societies to leave for Israel.
    In part, this was achieved through some 'false flag' operations, in which Israeli agents
    committed acts of terrorism against Jewish targets in Arab societies, thus allowing Israel to
    tell frightened Jews, "You must leave for Israel now because you cannot be safe around Arabs."

I also note that the founding (and initial expansion) of Israel was based upon the forced
    mass expulsion (with brutal massacres) of Palestinians from their homes. Of course,
    the neighboring Arab states were *not* going to welcome Israel forcing many Arabs
    from their homes, creating a Palestinian refugee problem that has persisted since 1948.

There has been much ignorant conflation between Zionism (a political ideology) and Judaism
    (a religion), toward which the state of Israel contributes by claiming that it's a Jewish state
    and implying that it morally represents all Jews. Not enough people (including Westerners)
    are aware of the minority of Jews who are anti-Zionist or at least deeply critical of Israel.
    The dominant US media also pays minimal attention to these Jewish critics of Israel and Zionism.

In my many interactions with Palestinians, I have noticed hardly any hostility by Palestinians
    against Jews simply for being Jews. I have noticed understandable resentment based
    upon the reality that most Jews approve of Israel's oppression of the Palestinians.
    Anyone, whether Jewish or not, who can convince Palestinians that he or she sincerely
    opposes Israel's oppression of them will be warmly welcomed by the Palestinians.
  5. 12 Jan '17 20:29

79% of Israeli Jews believe that Jewish citizens deserve preferential
    treatment in law and policy over the non-Jewish citizens of Israel.
    Everyone wants preferential treatment. 95%+ of Africans Americans vote Democratic in a large part due to their promotion of race based preferences. Apparently you are only interested in criticizing certain groups.
  6. 12 Jan '17 20:37 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Everyone wants preferential treatment. 95%+ of Africans Americans vote Democratic in a large part due to their promotion of race based preferences. Apparently you are only interested in criticizing certain groups.
    Would Quackquack be happy if the United States (with a Christian majority) officially
    became a 'Christian nation' and approved of laws discriminating against non-Christians?

It's absurd for Quackquack to confuse the principle of equal rights for every citizen
    in a democracy with the (politically controversial) policies of affirmative action.
    Quackquack's had this kind of argument before with No1Marauder and others.
  7. 12 Jan '17 20:42 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by whodey to Mchill
    Warm up the ovens. Duchess is in town.
    I have spoken on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to Jewish audiences, many of which were very pro-Israel.
    I never heard the hateful lies from them that the extremely abusive troll Whodey loves to fling.

By the way, when I criticize Israel's oppression of the Palestinians, I typically cite
    sources from the Israeli media, including Israeli Jewish human rights groups.

My impression is that the extreme right-wing racist white American 'Christian' Whodey
    would have been much more likely than I to be accepted and promoted in the SS.
  8. 12 Jan '17 21:50
    Would Quackquack be happy if the United States (with a Christian majority) officially
    became a 'Christian nation' and approved of laws discriminating against non-Christians?

It's absurd for Quackquack to confuse the principle of equal rights for every citizen
    in a democracy with the (politically controversial) policies of affirmative action.
    Quackquack's had this kind of argument before with No1Marauder and others.
    I am not confusing the issue. Affirmative action is not an equality statute it is an explicit preference for certain certain minority groups. You have no problem when minorities want this preference for themselves but object when in a poll Jews is Israel want similar preferences for themselves. The only difference is you claim one cause is just (because you support) and one claim is unjust (because you are a racist Jew hater).
  9. 12 Jan '17 21:57 / 2 edits
    I am not confusing the issue. Affirmative action is not an equality statute it is an explicit preference for certain certain minority groups. You have no problem when minorities want this preference for themselves but object when in a poll Jews is Israel want similar preferences for themselves. The only difference is you claim one cause is just (because you support) and one claim is unjust (because you are a racist Jew hater).
    I note with disdain that Quackquack evaded my question about the USA becoming officially a 'Christian nation'.
    Quackquack presumably would object to it, but he does not want to admit it because it would confirm his hypocrisy.
    Quackquack presumably opposes Christian supremacy in the USA while supporting Jewish supremacy in Israel.

The fanatical pro-Israeli troll Quackquack misrepresents the facts as usual.
    In fact, the overwhelming majority of Israeli Jews evidently want Israel to become a
    Jewish supremacist state de jure as well as de facto. Given that he's apparently a
    Jewish supremacist himself, Quackquack seems to approve of this. I also would not
    expect Quackquack to object to Israel's forced mass expulsion of the Palestinians.

Regarding affirmative action in the USA--which is a separate issue from Jewish supremacism
    in Israel--I note that the US Supreme Court has *not* ruled that all affirmative action policies
    must be unconstitutional because they allegedly violate equal protection under the law.
    If Quackquack wishes to argue about affirmative action, he should create another thread.
  10. 12 Jan '17 22:13
    I note with disdain that Quackquack evaded my question about the USA becoming officially a 'Christian nation'.
    Quackquack presumably would object to it, but he does not want to admit it because it would confirm his hypocrisy.
    Quackquack presumably opposes Christian supremacy in the USA while supporting Jewish supremacy in Israel.

The fanatical pro-Is ...[text shortened]... e law.
    If Quackquack wishes to argue about affirmative action, he should create another thread.
    You were the one who presented a statistic that Israeli were prejudice because they wish to have preferences yet you refuse to condemn African Americans who want preferences. Is there a reason, other than your hatred of Jews, for the distinction?
  11. 12 Jan '17 22:34 / 2 edits
    You were the one who presented a statistic that Israeli were prejudice because they wish to have preferences yet you refuse to condemn African Americans who want preferences. Is there a reason, other than your hatred of Jews, for the distinction?
    The troll Quackquack's desperately attempting to divert attention from the statistical finding
    that the overwhelming majority of Israeli Jews approve of Israel being a Jewish supremacist state.

Apart from the fact that Quackquack's evidently a racist right-wing white American,
    African Americans have nothing to do with the issue of Jewish supremacy in Israel.
    *If* it were true, however, that the overwhelming majority of African Americans approved
    of the USA becoming a black supremacist state, then I would oppose them too.
    Of course, in contrast to the Jews in Israel, African Americans lack the power to achieve supremacy.

Only an idiotic racist troll like Quackquack would attempt to defend Jewish supremacism in
    Israel by attacking affirmative action and African Americans (his favorite 'whipping boy) in the USA.
  12. 12 Jan '17 22:42
    The troll Quackquack's desperately attempting to divert attention from the statistical finding
    that the overwhelming majority of Israeli Jews approve of Israel being a Jewish supremacist state.

Apart from the fact that Quackquack's evidently a racist right-wing white American,
    African Americans have nothing to do with the issue of Jewish supremacy in ...[text shortened]... l by attacking affirmative action and African Americans (his favorite 'whipping boy) in the USA.
    You have no addressed the issue and you brought it up: why would you say Israelis are prejudice because they wish to have preferences yet you refuse to condemn African Americans who want preferences? It seems that everyone wants the law to favor them.
  13. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    12 Jan '17 22:49 / 1 edit
    You have no addressed the issue and you brought it up: why would you say Israelis are prejudice because they wish to have preferences yet you refuse to condemn African Americans who want preferences? It seems that everyone wants the law to favor them.
    African-Americans don't want preferences; they want society to even the presently unequal playing field caused by endemic racism in the US. The few remaining affirmative action programs recognize that blacks and other minorities are disadvantaged by invidious discrimination and attempt, in a small way, to counteract its effects. There is no such rationale for the majority Israeli Jews to insist on advantages over other ethnic and religious groups in Israel.

That has been pointed out to you many times and you have never given a satisfactory response always falling back to fallacious propaganda like you continue to do here.
  14. 12 Jan '17 22:51
    I cited the findings of a survey of Israeli Jews. The overwhelming majority of Israeli Jews
    approve of Israel being a Jewish supremacist state. A plurality (near majority) of Israeli
    Jews approve of forcibly expelling all Arabs (including Arab citizens of Israel).

Quackquack apparently approves of Israel being a Jewish supremacist state, if not also
    forcibly expelling all Arabs, perhaps also an Israeli genocide of the Palestinians.
    In contrast, I disapprove of all these things and object to lying to attempt to cover them up.
  15. 12 Jan '17 22:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder to Quackquack
    African-Americans don't want preferences; they want society to even the presently unequal playing field caused by endemic racism in the US.

That has been pointed out to you many times and you have never given a satisfactory response always falling back to fallacious propaganda like you continue to do here.
    The troll Quackquack seems determined to hijack this thread about Jewish supremacism
    in Israel in order that he can vent his usual racism against African Americans.

It's typically absurd for Quackquack to compare Jewish supremacism (of which he
    apparently approves) in Israel to African Americans supporting affirmative action in the USA.