Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 08 Dec '14 23:24
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV1XoclfexI
  2. 09 Dec '14 04:06
    That was the best you could come up with?
    I am in full agreement that there is something very wrong with the man choked on Stanton Island... didn't need to go down that way.
  3. 09 Dec '14 15:22
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    That was the best you could come up with?
    I am in full agreement that there is something very wrong with the man choked on Stanton Island... didn't need to go down that way.
    yep. it's just an isolated incident.

it is in no way a symptom of a larger issue. a serious larger issue.
  4. 09 Dec '14 16:09
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yep. it's just an isolated incident.

it is in no way a symptom of a larger issue. a serious larger issue.
    Want to specify the larger issue?
  5. 09 Dec '14 16:27
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV1XoclfexI
    Are you concerned with the apparent execution of DeAndre Joshua, in Ferguson, MO the night of the riot?
  6. 10 Dec '14 14:22
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Are you concerned with the apparent execution of DeAndre Joshua, in Ferguson, MO the night of the riot?
    just gonna paste this here in case i need it later.
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/deandrejoshua.asp

back to your post, what should i be concerned about?
    yes, it is very sad he died. i assume you have a point you are trying to make.
  7. 10 Dec '14 14:23
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Want to specify the larger issue?
    racism is still a problem in the US.
  8. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    11 Dec '14 00:55 / 1 edit
    racism is still a problem in the US.
    I don't believe anyone doubts that. It is going to remain a problem until the Black's get over being angry with white's for the suffering of their ancestors and take responsibility for their own actions and not to continually expect special treatment as if they are owed something.

Busing the white kids to black schools and black kids to white schools to integrate the races has not solved the problem. Giving blacks preferential treatment for getting jobs, loans, grants, scholarships, and admittance to college has not solved the problem. Declaring a black history month and a black federal holiday has not solved the problem. Giving the backs welfare for housing and living expenses has not solved the problem. Even electing a black U.S. President seems to have not helped because many of the blacks say he is not black enough.

Convicting police officers that kill blacks in the performance of their job is not going to solve the problem either.
  9. 11 Dec '14 01:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't believe anyone doubts that. It is going to remain a problem until the Black's get over being angry with white's for the suffering of their ancestors and take responsibility for their own actions and not to continually expect special treatment as if they are owed something.

Busing the white kids to black schools and black kids to white schools t ...[text shortened]... icers that kill blacks in the performance of their job is not going to solve the problem either.
    Hey thanks for reminding me.. I could never get into an apprenticeship program with U.S. Steel because of affirmative action.. ya lets talk discrimination.
    diesel mechanic..nope,
    electrician..nope
    boiler maker..nope
    painter..nope
    Instrument and controls..nope.
    Did it stop me.. nope
    did I resort to a life of crime..nope
    did I spawn 1/2 dozen kids..nope
    I had both a mother and father,, did they give up on me and send me to live with my grandmother..NOPE
  10. 11 Dec '14 09:02

Busing the white kids to black schools and black kids to white schools t ...[text shortened]... icers that kill blacks in the performance of their job is not going to solve the problem either.
    heh, it's the blacks fault. it's their fault they make cops twitchy.
  11. 11 Dec '14 09:05 / 1 edit
    Hey thanks for reminding me.. I could never get into an apprenticeship program with U.S. Steel because of affirmative action.. ya lets talk discrimination.
    diesel mechanic..nope,
    electrician..nope
    boiler maker..nope
    painter..nope
    Did it stop me.. nope
    did I spawn 1/2 dozen kids. ...[text shortened]... both a mother and father,, did they give up on me and send me to live with my grandmother..NOPE
    "I could never get into an apprenticeship program with U.S. Steel because of affirmative action"

that's one way of looking at it. you couldn't get into a job because of the 2 or 3 spots reserved for black people.

knowing you, i would rather look at it from the other perspective. you are such a bad, incompetent worker that you didn't get into any of the majority of spaces reserved for everyone.
  12. 11 Dec '14 09:07
    diesel mechanic..nope,
    electrician..nope
    boiler maker..nope
    painter..nope
    Did it stop me.. nope
    did I spawn 1/2 dozen kids. ...[text shortened]... both a mother and father,, did they give up on me and send me to live with my grandmother..NOPE
    oh, let's not pass the opportunity to cry for the poor white man getting discriminated by affirmative action.

we have blacks getting shot by the police because they make them nervous, but it's the poor incompetent white man who needs that very last spot at a job that we should worry about.
  13. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    12 Dec '14 03:02
    diesel mechanic..nope,
    electrician..nope
    boiler maker..nope
    painter..nope
    Did it stop me.. nope
    I noticed that too. When it comes down between hiring a white or a black qualified applicant, they save themselves much trouble by hiring the black instead of the white because of accusations of racism and the possible legal costs. The white person was likely to get hired only if there were several positions to fill at the same time.
  14. 12 Dec '14 06:06
    I noticed that too. When it comes down between hiring a white or a black qualified applicant, they save themselves much trouble by hiring the black instead of the white because of accusations of racism and the possible legal costs. The white person was likely to get hired only if there were several positions to fill at the same time.
    I am a third generation Finlander, my family was in no way involved in slavery.. why should I even care?
    It affected me because?
    I was a blonde haired blue eyed boy growing up on an Indian reservation... my name was "Custer" to them. I fought a lot as a youth.. why should I feel sympathy for blacks?
    I fought my way out, I quit my job at U.S. Steel and had saved enough to attend trade school, graduated on the Presidents list, and never looked back.. why can't a black man do it?
  15. 12 Dec '14 06:21
    oh, let's not pass the opportunity to cry for the poor white man getting discriminated by affirmative action.

we have blacks getting shot by the police because they make them nervous, but it's the poor incompetent white man who needs that very last spot at a job that we should worry about.
    I do not need tears, I stood up, and made something out of myself,, nothing was easy for me, as you seem to assume...
    I prefer the underdog role, makes me work all the harder to prove people wrong.. and you..? seem to be a whining little baby.... grab a tissue, wipe your nose and start changing things you cry baby... nothing is guaranteed in the world.. would you prefer to live in Africa, or here? Where the only thing holding you back, is yourselves..
    It seems all of you think you can be football or basketball stars, that doesn't happen,,,, seems few of you can mange to keep a two parent family around to raise your kids,,is that some how my fault? Do something, and help to change that... and stop crying to me about how badly you were treated, because neither myself, my grandfather, or his father had a thing to do with your problems... we worked and made something in our families... Grandpa did not have a high school education, but started his own plumbing company, he barely knew English. Grandma did the books.. They had 4 girls, he provided jobs for their husbands while they attended school.... and they all graduated from college, because my Grandpa and Grandma succeeded where you guys sit and live off free welfare checks. People come here from other countries, and are amazed by the number of opportunities they have over the countries they left, and you guys still sit on your backsides and whine.. how much longer do you expect these whites to take the blame for your lazy asses? Stand up, make a change, or shut the heck up.